Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills

+13
bmd
rustysrally
gaz_bass
Cess
Simon6R4
brian
didcos
mconboy
newt5550
Juha
mcm motorsport
gerardwrm
omer yetis
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills Empty 1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills

Post  omer yetis Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:13 am

Hi Guys;

been a while I haven't had chance to post a model since most of my models were on the shelf waiting for mock up or some parts.
last weekend I have had chance to finish this beauty and would like to share with you all..

I tried to replicate the Lancia Delta Integrale HF, group A rally car which had competed in Turkish rally championship early 1990's.
since I have had some missing decals, I just decided to go a head and finish the model with the decals I have in hand. although this was not the best custom build I have made but I enjoyed it a lot because of its colors. and happy to have it in my collection now....

so, below are the photos of the Turkish rally champion, Mr. Iskender Atakan's group A Lancia Delta Integrale HF....

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills 427457_10150617315087695_627102694_9415784_1177356579_n

and early in 2000, the car had been sold to a privateer in Turkey who also competed in the hill climb championship for his pleasure.
Mr. Cem Acar also has a pretty valuable rally car collection and some of them are still competing in various rallies in Turkey.
these are the photos I took in 2004, right before the car started to be disassembled for a brand new rebuilt.

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC01589

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC01605

so, here below are the photos of my project wip...

the base is a 1/18 scale Kyosho which I had for spare in my collection having some paint problems...

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08287

disassembly

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08290

primed...

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08293

painted white

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08295

then applied the fluorescent red....

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08297

and a quick mock up to see how she looks..

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08300

painted the window rubbers and other parts into black

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08304

then started to apply the decals I have in hand with matching sponsor logos...

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08301

after the decals, I applied the clear coat and start hunting for the OZ wheels...
I found an ebay seller from France and grab them immediately! the wheels are originally from 1/18 AA Mercedes Benz DTM.

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08456

and a comparison to original kyosho wheels! they are huge.....

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08458

the original wheels were DTM wheels with a single center nut. which means I had to modify the wheels into 4 nuts and painted into white

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08490

after the wheels done, I assembled the model and here are the end results of my latest custom build

Turkish Rally Championship
Smoking Kills Racing Team
Iskender Atakan & Can Okan
Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A rally car

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08659

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08662

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08654

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08657

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08656

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08652

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08661

and the last photos is with her sisters Wink

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08667

hope you guys enjoyed my latest build.

omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills Empty Re: 1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills

Post  gerardwrm Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:24 am

marvelous Omer !
gerardwrm
gerardwrm

http://www.world-rally-museum.com

Back to top Go down

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills Empty Re: 1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills

Post  mcm motorsport Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:51 am

absolutly fantastic!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:27 pm

That looks superb!
Juha
Juha

http://www.rallyfoto.be

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:27 pm

Fantastic work again
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  mconboy Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:55 pm

Class you make it look so easy Omer
mconboy
mconboy

Back to top Go down

Post  didcos Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:55 pm

terrific build Omer!

didcos

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:49 pm

Just when i think ive seen your best work, you build another beauty. Fantastic as ever Omer

omer yetis wrote:
1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08667

Love this picture.

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon6R4 Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Absolutely superb as always Omer
Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

Post  Cess Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:10 pm

mconboy wrote:Class you make it look so easy Omer

Definitely! Great build.

Cess

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:09 am

so glad you all like it guys!
thanks a million for comments Wink

like I mentioned on my first post, this was not the most clean work I have done (I think I am getting old and not as patience as before)
So, I am not so happy about the overall. but the colors and the soul of the model rocks! Smile

You guys comments motivates me all the time and will try to finish the others waiting for attention
keep on watching for new babies Wink

so let's just have some teasers in here Wink

first up here is my second group A, E30 M3...
I started to build this model with the idea of the Hartge car competed in German Championship but some how I am not sure if want to apply these decals Question
actually after I build up the Bastos M3, I was thinking of the Fina version. but since Otto is going to release that version, not so sure if I will go for the Fina livery for this build...
let me know if you guys have any suggestion for the livery with a possible decal printing....

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08361

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08597

second BMW on the go is a Group 2 E 21.... so far I have just dissembled the model and try to fit the new roll cage into place. still need many things to do such as engine mod, fixing new wheels, side panels and the paint.
but have no idea what to do with the livery... actually, might do a Bastos Snijers.... Wink

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08482

missing many sponsor decals tho...

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills Numeriser23

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills 5607214610_15fe4cf859_b

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills 7716

third project is the Xavi Pons 2004 rally Mexico group N evo 7....

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08372

so far applied the decals, need to work on the interior details and gravel wheels/tires..

fourth project is the third version of my famous Group N Impreza's... earlier I have done two tarmac versions and now this time will be a gravel one....
a teaser from the colors Smile

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills DSC08651

there are many more ideas and models waiting to be sorted out.....

omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  gaz_bass Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:33 am

Qualiteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
gaz_bass
gaz_bass

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:20 pm

gaz_bass wrote:Qualiteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

2nd that.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  rustysrally Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:20 am

omer looks great, question, what wheels bmw m3 ???

rustysrally

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:06 am

omer, stunning as always m8, you should be well proud of all your builds......... Smile
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  gaz_bass Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:12 am

Oh but to have the

1. PATIENCE
2. RESOURCES
3. most importantly ''THE TALENT'' to do such great work

would be a dream!

Keep them coming Omer!

Last edited by gaz_bass on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
gaz_bass
gaz_bass

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:37 pm

thank you guys! thanks soooo much. I am so honored you all liked and supported my builds!
I will try to finish the projects as quick as possible and share more.

but, before that I am expecting your suggestions for the on going projects!

- what shall I do with the E30 livery? hartge or any other????
- same for the E21 livery? don't have any full set of decal tho.... I will try to build up something with the decals I have in hand...
might have Bastos the most decals in hand?
- what you think about the gravel impreza after 2 tarmac's?

comments always welcome guys Wink
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:38 pm

rustysrally wrote:omer looks great, question, what wheels bmw m3 ???

thanks mate!
both E30 and E21 wheels/tires are from germany, Uli Nowak. they are great in quality. highly recommended!
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:40 pm

bmd wrote:omer, stunning as always m8, you should be well proud of all your builds......... Smile

well Billy, some of the builds resulted really flawless such as the Impreza sisters Wink it's really proud to watch them...
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  gofastfreddy Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:01 pm

i love your work , for sure the E21

gofastfreddy

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:09 am

cheers mate!
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mal Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:22 pm

omer yetis wrote:
- what shall I do with the E30 livery? hartge or any other????

Love your work.

M3, well you could do this. (Yes I know, it's a tarbaby)

1/18 Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Group A, Iskender Atakan & Can Okan, Smoking Kills 002-12

Mal

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:32 am

thanks for the suggestion.
it's a very nice livery but as you mentioned its a circuit car Wink

omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazzo Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:24 pm

Stunning builds again Omer, love the Delta Cool

For the Group 2 E21 I would build the Delbar Martini Car, very Retro and suits the E21 shape well,
As for the E30 I'd love to see a Fisher's ToughMac Car but not sure about decals,
If you were to make the decals then you would have plenty of customers, there would be a few Otto M3's getting stripped and converted Wink
Or you could keep the Marlboro theme and do John Bosch's Car, it's another class looking livery,

Cazzo
Cazzo

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:01 am

cheers mate for the comments, appreciated!

frankly to say, Martini E21 was the first photo I have seen and fall in love with it.. then decided to create this build. at this moment I am in between Bastos and Martini, I will see what I can do with the decals tho...
decals are the biggest pain Sad

any chance for you to stick some photos of the Fisher's Toughmac car in here? I will see what I can do for the decals. and if there is enough demand then maybe I can push for the decals...
Smoking Kills theme is another good idea for this car tho... some how I love the fluorescent red color and I think it suits the cars very much...
at this moment I have a sierra cosworth and above Lancia Delta with fluorescent red smoking kills livery. this could be a 3rd project for the theme...
again need to sort out the decals tho..

guys, please let me know if anyone can be helpful for 1/18 decals for the above said projects. doesn't have to be the whole project but also can help with some of the sponsor logos which we may put all together for a project.

thanks again, and looking for more comments guys Wink
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next