Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

e-bay and/or paypal problems/issues

+21
Dr Tumbo
jusali
Hampton Caught
Simon6R4
focuswrc
Beaney
Manowar
daivideo
Zeus
newt5550
Ryan_C
RORY O CONNOR
Cazzo
JOB
mcm motorsport
GMR..Models
nixr2
COLIN23
Cowley
brian
bmd
25 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

e-bay and/or paypal problems/issues - Page 5 Empty anyone in uk bought from taiwan?

Post  bmd Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:52 am

as title lads, wondered if we in the uk could get stung with a customs/import tax, on top of the price of the model?

cheers  Smile 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

e-bay and/or paypal problems/issues - Page 5 Empty Re: e-bay and/or paypal problems/issues

Post  Dr Tumbo Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:10 am

looking for a mexico solberg mate Wink!!!

I know of ppl who have been stung w/ import tax on all range of goods to the UK but probs someone living there currently would help the most
Dr Tumbo
Dr Tumbo

Back to top Go down

e-bay and/or paypal problems/issues - Page 5 Empty Re: e-bay and/or paypal problems/issues

Post  bmd Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:55 am

lol!! hi michael, its one of only two that've been on for a while, (haven't persuaded you or mal to give up the name of that other auction site!! lol)........ hes a lot cheaper than the other guy but that will mean nowt if i have to pay another £50 or £60 in tax!!  Evil or Very Mad 
if i'd knowm i'd collect scoobs from every year i'd have kept my one i sold a few years back, plus my rally japan one too!!  Rolling Eyes 
ah well, hindsight is a great thing, eh m8?  Embarassed 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:57 am

Luck of the draw Billy. All international parcels pass through customs, except EU. They randomly pick up a packet and have a look to see whats in it and whats it worth. If it's marked gift on customs label it should go through. Just depends if your packet gets picked up or not. 50/50 chance of the dreaded customs charge  Evil or Very Mad 
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:49 pm

I used to buy a lot of 1/24 kits from japan that were nearly always over the limit for customs. The only one that ever got stopped was one of the few under the limit so back you would be pretty unlucky if you got caught. Especially as they would consider them toys.

I think its different now though so it is a chance you take when you buy. Unless they will mark it as a value under the limit which some places will do

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:44 pm

thanks guys,,,,,em do you know what the present limit is?
cheers
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:53 pm

https://www.gov.uk/importing-and-exporting-by-post

Don't know if this is any help Billy. went on to http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/post/internet.htm#1

You might find other stuff. Just had a quick look myself.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:49 pm

ah cheers chris........  Smile 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:54 pm

ah great.............  Rolling Eyes 
letter from parcelforce looking £15 to release a model from customs......bought from taiwan......Sad 
chris, any point in your experience of me trying to avoid this? or just bite the bullet and pay up?
cheers m8  Smile 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:11 pm

ah stuff it...... just paid there now, worth it to get the model and check its ok, and probably would a waste of time arguing with HMRC....Evil or Very Mad 

live and learn..........  Rolling Eyes 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  jusali Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:58 pm

I'm inclined to agree with you there. As far as HMRC is concerned it's best to just bend over and take it  Sad 
jusali
jusali

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:51 pm

You done the only thing you can do and that is pay up. I got a customs charge of £30 about three months ago and even though it was at the office i work in i still had to pay. It's all barcoded and everything has to be accounted for. No way round it i'm affraid  Evil or Very Mad 
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:25 pm

ah no worries chris, not the end of the world, just makes it a dear model!!!  Rolling Eyes 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:48 pm

I bought a 1/18 Kyosho Pirelli Stratos and it arrived damaged. I think it was damaged before it was sent. Seller very carefully worded the description sold as seen yet showed no pics of the open detached bonnet. When it arrived it is yellow from nicotine and there was a spiders web inside. Gave him very negative feedback to which there has been no response . In fairness it was a bargain at £35 including the post and its already been dismantled and into the paint stripper. By the end of the next week it should be a black and white stratos with an Irish rally plate.
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jusali Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:33 am

I know the stratos you mean, I was hovering over the bid/buy button a couple of times meself!
jusali
jusali

Back to top Go down

Post  jusali Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:23 pm

However i did buy this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201064236843?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

e-bay and/or paypal problems/issues - Page 5 $_58

A steal at 85 delivered but the guy obviously had no idea about models (previous listings all seemed to be electronics) and damage was listed.
Unfortunately Parcelforce didn't turn up and he went with Hermes which to me means Rugby with boxes have waited well over a week....but they arrived!
Bitter Sweet......

They arrived today delivered by hermes a few issues  Crying or Very sad .

All cars had no doors secured and are filthy. 2 were packed upside down.....

Evo VI:
One of the doors had completely detached itself from the model and a windscreen wiper is missing.
Door is now re-attached I will have to clean and Wiper can be sourced form another model I'm sure....
Luckily no scratches or decal damage. Door handle missing as in listing All aerials in place.....

Scooby:
Front valance and light section completely detached, luckily a clean removal and reattached just dandy with a dab of glue, model detached from base filthy with slight scratching on front wing (t-cut/polish maybe?)
Aerial broken as in listing

Focus:
Safari light missing shouldn't be too hard to fashion another one. Filthy and although being upside down with no doors secured seems to have survived quite well!

206:
Completely detached from base one wheel smashed to knigdom come however might be able to use wheel in boot and broken wheel can feature in boot/trunk?
No aerial as in listing.........

Initially my heart sank but autoart's older models seem to be tough as old boots and considering the way they were packaged and 3 of the cars were on my to grab list whenever they were affordable, I would have paid around the 80 mark just for the evo so I guess it's OK.
Ebay eh?
jusali
jusali

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:44 pm

You jammy dodger-an Impreza for £70
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:09 pm

An absolute steal at that price, even with the damage. Must be the best bargain Ive seen in a while. Im after one of those Evos but not willing to pay the prices that they are fetching on ebay

Back to top Go down

Post  Speedy Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:12 pm

Why do people open cases looking for payment on stuff when they haven't replied to the 4 messages about combined postage  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ffs
Speedy
Speedy

http://www.peespeed.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jusali Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:11 pm

Annoying isn't it? I wish they'd at least communicate even if they won't combine postage...... Evil or Very Mad 
jusali
jusali

Back to top Go down

e-bay and/or paypal problems/issues - Page 5 Empty hhmmm?

Post  bmd Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:02 pm

right lads a strange one for you experts....
agreed a price for a pc last night, £5 off the bin price.... he told me not to pay with paypal and he would send a revised invoice.... so i selected the bin price, but to finish the purchase i had to select another payment option....so new invoice arrived today but nowhere on it or the order details is there a pay-now facility...only the usual drop-down menu including 'mark paymant sent'...this obviously means if i have sent a cheque or paid cash etc,,, but i'm trying to pay through paypal....i bought another wee item there now to make sure my paypal still works on other items and it does...any ideas?
cheers in advance lads....
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:00 pm

He is trying to get you to pay others way so he ends up with no charges if you ask me. See if he will do paypal gift option?
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:11 pm

not sure chris, it was me who removed the paypal option to allow me to bin without immediate payment.....he emailed today to say new invoice sent with discount applied...but its ebay who wont let me turn paypal back on for the item..... think so anyway....he has given me his telephone number to pay by c/card which will save his paypal fees of course, but its for the lesser amount so i think i'm ok...... Rolling Eyes
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:36 pm

Should be ok cus you will have protection on your c/card Cool
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:32 pm

aye i was hoping that too...cheers m8 Smile
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next