In the words of Rolf, "have you guessed what it is yet"?

Go down

In the words of Rolf, "have you guessed what it is yet"?

Post  reeft1 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:56 pm

avatar
reeft1

Posts : 2664
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 49
Location : Essex

Back to top Go down

Re: In the words of Rolf, "have you guessed what it is yet"?

Post  newt5550 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Looks like a car body shell to me Laughing

Datsun Sunny Coupe?
avatar
newt5550

Posts : 6272
Join date : 2012-02-07
Age : 50
Location : Boston

Back to top Go down

Re: In the words of Rolf, "have you guessed what it is yet"?

Post  reeft1 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Nice try, but no cigar
avatar
reeft1

Posts : 2664
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 49
Location : Essex

Back to top Go down

Re: In the words of Rolf, "have you guessed what it is yet"?

Post  bmd on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:25 pm

chris don't be thick!! its a stunning collection of antique/classic flowerpots you fool!!! Razz
avatar
bmd

Posts : 5949
Join date : 2012-02-12
Age : 51
Location : here

Back to top Go down

Re: In the words of Rolf, "have you guessed what it is yet"?

Post  reeft1 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:34 pm

Good spot. You may well see one of those appear on Antiques Roadshow tonight. Raising funds for the kids university fees, or maybe a rare 1/43 kit - haven't made up my mind which one i more important yet.

That's the view from the model factory - or the conservatory as she who must be obeyed likes to refer to it.
avatar
reeft1

Posts : 2664
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 49
Location : Essex

Back to top Go down

Re: In the words of Rolf, "have you guessed what it is yet"?

Post  newt5550 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:57 pm

bmd wrote:chris don't be thick!! its a stunning collection of antique/classic flowerpots you fool!!! Razz


Doh! Silly me clown
avatar
newt5550

Posts : 6272
Join date : 2012-02-07
Age : 50
Location : Boston

Back to top Go down

Re: In the words of Rolf, "have you guessed what it is yet"?

Post  newt5550 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:59 pm

Mazda rx3???? OR Toyota Corolla????
avatar
newt5550

Posts : 6272
Join date : 2012-02-07
Age : 50
Location : Boston

Back to top Go down

Re: In the words of Rolf, "have you guessed what it is yet"?

Post  dbonser on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:06 pm

Knowing your collection Paul, and what hasn't been produced yet, I would say it is this:

Toyota Corolla 1600
1973 Press-on-Regardless Rally Winner
W. Boyce/D. Woods

dbonser

Posts : 84
Join date : 2012-02-19

Back to top Go down

Re: In the words of Rolf, "have you guessed what it is yet"?

Post  newt5550 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:13 pm

dbonser wrote:Knowing your collection Paul, and what hasn't been produced yet, I would say it is this:

Toyota Corolla 1600
1973 Press-on-Regardless Rally Winner
W. Boyce/D. Woods


You must have inside imformation to be so accurate Laughing
avatar
newt5550

Posts : 6272
Join date : 2012-02-07
Age : 50
Location : Boston

Back to top Go down

Re: In the words of Rolf, "have you guessed what it is yet"?

Post  dbonser on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:14 pm

newt5550 wrote:
dbonser wrote:Knowing your collection Paul, and what hasn't been produced yet, I would say it is this:

Toyota Corolla 1600
1973 Press-on-Regardless Rally Winner
W. Boyce/D. Woods


You must have inside imformation to be so accurate Laughing
Not really. Just a big spreadsheet of all WRC rally winners ever produced. Looking at what has not been produced leaves only a few possibilities...

dbonser

Posts : 84
Join date : 2012-02-19

Back to top Go down

Re: In the words of Rolf, "have you guessed what it is yet"?

Post  reeft1 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:30 pm

I'd had a bet with myself that you'd work it out Douglas! Yes, its the Boyce/Woods Corolla.

Im being assisted by your namesake in this build. Pictures from this event of sufficient quality to work out the sponsor decals are extremely thin on the ground hence i needed to enlist the help of the co-driver, Doug Woods, who has been extremely helpful despite having to contend with 3 foot of snow! What i thought would be an easy case with the body has proven anything but - the bonnet/hood of the north american version of the corolla is completely different from the japanese/european version i could get in 1/43 and required some filling/sculpting.
But we are getting there! Andy (rallymodels.co.uk) had sorted me out some steel wheels so i'll start putting it all together next weekend.
avatar
reeft1

Posts : 2664
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 49
Location : Essex

Back to top Go down

Re: In the words of Rolf, "have you guessed what it is yet"?

Post  bmd on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:33 pm

nice m8, best of luck with the build! Smile
avatar
bmd

Posts : 5949
Join date : 2012-02-12
Age : 51
Location : here

Back to top Go down

Re: In the words of Rolf, "have you guessed what it is yet"?

Post  reeft1 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Cheers fella
avatar
reeft1

Posts : 2664
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 49
Location : Essex

Back to top Go down

Re: In the words of Rolf, "have you guessed what it is yet"?

Post  dbonser on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:40 pm

reeft1 wrote:I'd had a bet with myself that you'd work it out Douglas! Yes, its the Boyce/Woods Corolla.

Im being assisted by your namesake in this build. Pictures from this event of sufficient quality to work out the sponsor decals are extremely thin on the ground hence i needed to enlist the help of the co-driver, Doug Woods, who has been extremely helpful despite having to contend with 3 foot of snow! What i thought would be an easy case with the body has proven anything but - the bonnet/hood of the north american version of the corolla is completely different from the japanese/european version i could get in 1/43 and required some filling/sculpting.
But we are getting there! Andy (rallymodels.co.uk) had sorted me out some steel wheels so i'll start putting it all together next weekend.
Nothing like going straight to the source for information! I can't wait to see the final product. Good luck with the build.

dbonser

Posts : 84
Join date : 2012-02-19

Back to top Go down

Re: In the words of Rolf, "have you guessed what it is yet"?

Post  newt5550 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:44 pm

bmd wrote:nice m8, best of luck with the build! Smile

2nd that, something different
avatar
newt5550

Posts : 6272
Join date : 2012-02-07
Age : 50
Location : Boston

Back to top Go down

Re: In the words of Rolf, "have you guessed what it is yet"?

Post  reeft1 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:15 am

Thanks gents - appreciate the encouragement
avatar
reeft1

Posts : 2664
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 49
Location : Essex

Back to top Go down

Re: In the words of Rolf, "have you guessed what it is yet"?

Post  Cowley on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:22 am

reeft1 wrote:
The inaugural 'Bill & Ben - the Flower Pot Men' Convention? Rolling Eyes
avatar
Cowley

Posts : 3922
Join date : 2012-02-08
Location : Derbyshire

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CODE343/414306915273338

Back to top Go down

Re: In the words of Rolf, "have you guessed what it is yet"?

Post  bmd on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:42 am

ah showing your age david............. (of course i only, em, remmber them from stories i've been told.........ahem!!) Embarassed
avatar
bmd

Posts : 5949
Join date : 2012-02-12
Age : 51
Location : here

Back to top Go down

Re: In the words of Rolf, "have you guessed what it is yet"?

Post  gaz_bass on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:27 am

Look forward to seeinfg it Paul, I am an old skool kinda guy, for someone so young too! Laughing
avatar
gaz_bass

Posts : 1682
Join date : 2012-02-17
Age : 44
Location : Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: In the words of Rolf, "have you guessed what it is yet"?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum