Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;)

+25
Sal
Mark Lowe
RORY O CONNOR
Juha
Ted Creedon
canariolpa
scooby-doo1962
potiman
ovlovman
Cazzo
Ferdi
Cardy
Simon6R4
rs3
mconboy
Dr Tumbo
reeft1
gerardwrm
bmd
Hampton Caught
brian
focuswrc
sbuckley
newt5550
omer yetis
29 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 Empty Re: I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;)

Post  Juha Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:51 pm

Very impressive work Omer!
Juha
Juha

http://www.rallyfoto.be

Back to top Go down

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 Empty Re: I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;)

Post  newt5550 Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:41 pm

It gets better and better. Cant wait to see it finished.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:26 pm

You should consider taking a mould of the bodyshell and tub so that a resin casting of the car can be done-am sure it would sell very well as a transkit on the base model.
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:39 pm

Incredible Omer. There is so much work done on this that you miss so much until you see it beside the other Mini. Hard to believe it once looked like that!

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:06 pm

guys!

first of all, I would like to thank all of you being so patient and comment/support each update I have here.
In the beginning I was not planning to go so far but each details ends up with more details and the project is becoming more complicated then it started....
many thanks for the patience and support!

I am hoping to finish this model before next May as I have to pack all my collection and open a space at home for the new member Wink
they have to be packed and stored for a while until we move to the other apartment, hopefully beginning of 2016...

Dr Tumbo wrote:beautiful! nothing less

thanks Michael, glad you liked it...

reeft1 wrote:Excellent! Finished in time for xmas?

Paul,
for sure Christmas but like Steve said which one not sure about it yet Smile

Hampton Caught wrote:Astounding, Omer. affraid    Fabulous work, again/ still!!  
Amazing detail, quite awe-inspiring.  Superb.  Where do Ib stop with the praise?!  sunny
Ignore Paul!  lol!   You don't want to get this far then rush to complete it this week and possibly not finish it to the standard you have carried out the rest of the work.  Of course, you could answer Paul's question of 'Finished in time for xmas?' by answering, 'yes', but not specifying which Christmas!!  flower
Well done that man!!
Cheers, Steve

you are absolutely right Steve, I spend over a year on this model and don't want to rush. even though sometimes I am loosing it, still find some small details for myself to give another push...

Juha wrote:Very impressive work Omer!

thanks Juha

newt5550 wrote:It gets better and better. Cant wait to see it finished.
thank you sir Smile I can't wait to see it finished either Smile))

RORY O CONNOR wrote:You should consider taking  a mould of the bodyshell and tub so that a resin casting of the car can be done-am sure it would sell very well as a transkit on the base model.

Rory;
I thought about taking mould earlier for the body parts and maybe build another WRC or even a S2000... but I am not that skilful to make resin moulds and parts....
selling parts or kits would be great support to this project as I count the money I spend on it...

brian wrote:Incredible Omer. There is so much work done on this that you miss so much until you see it beside the other Mini. Hard to believe it once looked like that!

thanks Brian. I am also looking forward to the day I can shoot final photos together with the other Mini....

omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  mconboy Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:21 pm

When you see it compared to standard car your skill becomes more and more apparent.
Good luck with new arrival.
mconboy
mconboy

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:07 am

thank you Maurice! Smile
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:33 am

well, I guess its a bit late but better late then never Wink

some information from Prodrive's website I would like to share with you guys....

MINI WRC/RRC

The MINI WRC ( World Rally Car) and RRC (Regional Rally Car) are both based on the MINI John Cooper Works Countryman, but re-engineered to FIA regulations to compete in international rally series including the World Rally Championship.

The bodyshell features a Prodrive-designed roll-cage which exceeds FIA regulations and features a unique side impact protection system, while the aero has been optimised using CFD.  The MINI WRC has a 1.6 litre turbo-charged engine, which under FIA regulations is based on the base BMW cylinder head and block, but then completely re-engineered and the performance optimised for rallying.  In the World Rally Championship it runs with a 33 mm air restrictor (3O mm in  RRC specification).

The car is available in gravel or tarmac specification with many common parts to minimise costs.  There is also a kit which allows the car to be easily converted to RRC regulations.

ENGINE
1600 cc, direct injection
Garrett turbo with 33 mm FIA restrictor (30 mm RRC) - maximum boost 2.5 bar (absolute)
Dry sump
Cosworth engine management system
Electric water pump
Lithium-ion battery

TRANSMISSION
Permanent four wheel drive
Gearbox: Xtrac 6-speed sequential
Clutch: AP Racing sintered twin plate
Front differential: Plated limited slip
Rear differential: Plated limited slip

STEERING
Steering: Hydraulic power assisted

CHASSIS
MINI Countryman bodyshell with Prodrive
roll cage exceeding FIA regulations

SUSPENSION
Front: Prodrive Ohlins Macpherson
          strut, 3 way adjustable damper
Rear: Prodrive Ohlins Macpherson
         strut, 3 way adjustable damper

DIMENSIONS
Length:  4110 mm
Width:    1820 mm
Weight:  1200 kg (FIA minimum weight)
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:53 am

Last edited by omer yetis on Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:57 am

Don't you guys think I forgot about the Mini Smile
doing some small work on her time to time... and still trying to finish the body details. I gave her a coat of grey primer to see the defects. and still many of them Sad(((
I guess this will last forever for me to finish
and I am really hoping I can finish the body works as I want to start building interior and engine details....

but she looks good with one colour tho....

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_4032_zpsulfobe4f

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_4029_zpserriv0wl
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:39 am

That looks pretty damn good to me Omer
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:32 am

reeft1 wrote:That looks pretty damn good to me Omer

+1

I think it's called 'the rat look', isn't it, where a car is shown with the paintwork untidy etc etc? Then again, given the very many hours you have spent on this, Omer, you need a suitable, bright and bold colour scheme, maybe based on a full-size rally car but one which suits the bodywork and internals as you have built them.

Would that make it a Prodrive car, Omer? I'm not at all expert on MINIs, though have a fair knowledge of the smaller, older ones!!

And no, we hadn't forgotten about the project, Omer! We wouldn't let you!! Laughing

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Lowe Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:34 am

Omg I bow to you as your work and detail is most excellent
Brilliant brilliant work
Mark Lowe
Mark Lowe

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:51 am

thanks mate
well, that was just a quick primer to see the defects. at this moment she is in totally different shape Smile

Hampton Caught wrote:
+1
I think it's called 'the rat look', isn't it, where a car is shown with the paintwork untidy etc etc?  Then again, given the very many hours you have spent on this, Omer, you need a suitable, bright and bold colour scheme, maybe based on a full-size rally car but one which suits the bodywork and internals as you have built them.
Would that make it a Prodrive car, Omer?  I'm not at all expert on MINIs, though have a fair knowledge of the smaller, older ones!!
And no, we hadn't forgotten about the project, Omer!  We wouldn't let you!!  Laughing
Cheers, Steve

haha yeah she is the "mini mouse" Smile

this will be definitely a Prodrive car. I am hoping to finish her with the Rally Germany 2012 Sordo livery. so it will be in white/red and matt black colours with some carbonfiber work

Mark Lowe wrote:Omg I bow to you as your work and detail is most excellent
Brilliant brilliant work

thank you Mark!
I am just trying my best to make her as correct and detailed as possible. but out there, there are really good talents with great details building 1/43, 1/24 etc models....
hope can match their standard one day!

thanks for the great supportive comments lads

omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:17 am

Hello everyone;

I have been spending some time on and off these days on my Mini build...

after the first primer, I started fixing the defected places so she is no longer on her above state anymore Smile
but promise will try to tidy her up asap

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_4060_zps3qjdn5lm

a small interior details, the hand brake...

made with styrene, some brass parts and

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_4043_zpsgr3dvukg

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_4044_zpsumc92up9

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_4045_zpsucrsphet

painted in matt black and aluminium grey...
and first mock up

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_4047_zpsyrdz3g7u

also fixed the control arms... rear wheels no more steer Smile

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_4061_zpsgyapdfcl

and also made a start with the engine
some parts from the original Norev Mini engine, engine block and gear box from Hobby designs Mitsubishi 4G63 engine and some scratch build styrene job....

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_4051_zpsviqnxrgt

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_4052_zpssywpcyei

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_4053_zpsp14o2wiu

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_4054_zpsmsk8ntmy

and this is how she will sit in the engine bay...

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_4055_zpst8m6ltcw

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_4057_zpsz6g5jolu

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_4058_zpshtwsuqnd

thats about now I guess....
see you guys next one Wink
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon6R4 Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:23 am

Wow your detail and quality of building is just amazing Omer. This model will be absolutely stunning when it's finished cheers
Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:17 pm

Magnificent again/ still Omer.

Your builds and this thread never cease to amaze me. cheers

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  potiman Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:34 pm

absolutely amazing Omer.

potiman

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:59 pm

thank you gentlemen for the great and quick support. I wish I can build and finish this model as quick as you guys react and response to this thread Smile)
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:06 pm

by the way, let me add some photos of the engine to show you guys how scary it is to replicate What a Face

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 Rhd-mini-4_zpsl4b6njuq

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 Rhd-mini-5_zps1sk6qh1s

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 SD530574_zpsmbpmzvt9

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_0937_zpsz7ta03go

hope can replicate 60% of it Smile
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:29 pm

Brilliant work again Omer.

Replicating the engine will be easy for someone of your talent.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Lowe Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:27 pm

Attention to detail is far better than I have seen all the years I been doing models. Your work blows everyone's work out of the water.
Mark Lowe
Mark Lowe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:24 pm

Agree Mark thats not so much a model rather a scaled down version of the real thing! When I was growing up the standard reference work for model builders was Gerald Wingroves book and IMO Omer's Mini would more than hold it's own in that company. Superb piece of engineering.

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:14 pm

newt5550 wrote:Brilliant work again Omer.
Replicating the engine will be easy for someone of your talent.

I really don't think it will be an easy one Smile

Mark Lowe wrote:Attention to detail is far better than I have seen all the years I been doing models. Your work blows everyone's work out of the water.
we should give credit to other builders as well Mark. There are a lot of talented modellers out there! and I am also following their work to learn and figure out new techniques...
this project actually becomes a trial and error based one for me as this is my very first detailed build. so there are still many mistakes and problems in this build where sometimes I just ignore them...

Sal wrote:Agree Mark thats not so much a model rather a scaled down version of the real thing! When I was growing up the standard reference work for model builders was Gerald Wingroves book and IMO Omer's Mini would more than hold it's own in that company. Superb piece of engineering.

Well.... I think Geral Wingroves is a master of modelling where my Mini even can't get close to his ones... but he is one I have been searching and following like many other professional builders out there.
I guess I like to share details with you all which makes this project interesting... otherwise its a boring one Smile been two years already Smile)

omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  omer yetis Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:26 pm

time for a miNi update Smile

Earlier, I build the shocks but the oil reserves were missing. So, I build it using brass pipe and some micro screws...

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_4143_zpsflsnrmey

and painted the springs in red...
this is how the rear shocks looks like Wink

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_4148_zps6vs4zctg

I also also added some hooks? to the chassis to secure the seat belts, spare tires etc...

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_4142_zpspb9ewexy

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_4141_zpsk0m3l0sq

engine mounts also took their places...

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_4137_zpsjlpw0utm

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_4139_zpsa6gscgv6

Finally painted the interior in white... So, next up will be detailing and building interior

I am the mini, yeppp the Mini ;) - Page 6 IMG_4163_zpsyoqhmeod

thanks for following my project...
omer yetis
omer yetis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next