Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mega quiet on here............................!

+10
turn the wheel
Hampton Caught
srsmodels
Ted Creedon
Zeus
jusali
brian
Juha
bmd
newt5550
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Mega quiet on here............................! - Page 3 Empty Re: Mega quiet on here............................!

Post  srsmodels Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:27 am

Can't believe this forum just gets quieter and quieter.....

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

Mega quiet on here............................! - Page 3 Empty Re: Mega quiet on here............................!

Post  newt5550 Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:49 am

It does have it's moment, yes i agree, but. It's summer, people are having bbq's etc. World cup is on. And i was greyhound racing last night. It's that time of year when there's alot on and people are out and about. I'm sure it will pick up again.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:24 am

It can't be that quiet. This is the third post on the Forum before 9.30 on a Sunday morning!  Very Happy 

I suppose that unlike some other forums where people have their entire social life online, we're more of a going out there and watching events/ building models and doing normal stuff such as working, sleeping and spending time with family/ friends, such as Chris mentioned.

I know that some members from here are currently at a certain motorsport venue in France watching a 24 hour race...... there is a lot going on.

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  srsmodels Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:31 am

Couple of years ago when the forum had new posts on each time I looked in people were still out doing normal stuff

I think that at moment there is at most 5 active posters on here

Things are dire as its getting to the point where its not really worth looking in or going through the long process of adding photos of stuff to sell

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:02 am

srsmodels wrote:Can't believe this forum just gets quieter and quieter.....
You could try posting something different. Wink

I haven't bought many new models lately, most of my collections are nearing completion and I'm now gathering base models. It doesn't make sense to post all the base model I buy because you've already seen them over and over again.
Juha
Juha

http://www.rallyfoto.be

Back to top Go down

Post  srsmodels Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:26 am

Anything you post juha and other members is good to see

I will try and put some new stuff on

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:37 am

I'll update my own topic in a few minutes. Wink
Juha
Juha

http://www.rallyfoto.be

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazzo Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:25 pm

It's not that quiet on here today, there's been at least 26 members logged in so far today,
Not everyone feels the need to post something but they are still checking in and reading through posts, recent and old Wink

https://www.diecastrallymodels.com/memberlist

Cazzo
Cazzo

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:56 pm

Theres not a lot happening in the rally model world at the moment. I dont exactly follow 1/43 releases but its been a several months since ive been excited about a 1/18 release. It may have been the rothmans m3 in febuary. Plenty of private messsges being recieved about various projects so the forum is not dead at all.

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:53 pm

Very true word Colin and Brian. There is life left in the forum yet.  Wink 
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:48 pm

totally agree lads.... as i replied earlier in the thread to steven, like all 'clubs', members come and go, things change but it ain't the end of the world so lighten up and enjoy the fact that the forum is here!! its a HOBBY after all!!  Smile 
i know the members who use the forum to advertise and sell their wares are finding it hard atm because of the market, but surely you guys can find something interstring in the threads apart from the 'for sale' sections.. the model market like all hobbies/luxuries/pastimes will suffer when people tighten their belts, we're no different from anyone else.....but (and i know its only my opinion so dont shoot me!) to me there's much more to the membership on here than just a medium to advertise sales............ though i readily accept that if i depended on the forum to make a living then i too would be bemoaning the current decrease in posts,sales etc....and i would be saying 'not much point'.....

just my tuppence worth.... Rolling Eyes 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  jusali Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:25 pm

Totally agree times are tough in the model world. It's like recession lag the real markets are delayed by about 2 years compared to the media recession.it doesn't mean we all gotta give up hope and only believe in sales n shit. There are some incredible builds in action and we got to get behind those forging forward..... Sure times are bleak but it's up to us to drag it back into the positive. Believe in your shit people cos you're creating incredibles stuff and it's the antiques of the future. What people are creacting here is beautiful limited models that are totally inspiring stuff. You guys are creating collectibles of the future, you are creating history. Don't lose hope.!
jusali
jusali

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:52 pm

Well said, Justin...... though I wouldn't have used the 's' word myself!!  Laughing 

I've had a great model-related experience myself today. When I was displaying my rallycross and MG Metro 6R4 models alogw ith Chris and Simon at Lydden the other week, I met a load of interesting folk.

One of them was Mark Flaherty, who immediately recognised his Metro in miniature and asked if he could buy it. Well, I have made a model for him and took it to his house today and even have some photos with Mark, the model and me! Being next to useless in getting photos up on the Forum, I'll have to ask someone to do this for me (any offers, please!?  sunny  ).

Mark was delighted with his model and has several other projects he's like me to make for him.  king  I'm trying to fit my own projects in for my own collection, especially the Retro Rallycross Challenge cars and other models I want to make and kits I am looking forward to building.  scratch  Never seems to be enough time to get everything done as it is without making commissions!  drunken 

I've not bought many models recently as with the exception of the Tony Pond Rover SD1, there haven't been many models people are selling here that I'm interested in. I've got quite a collection of donor cars awaiting my attention, but I'm always interested in BL/ Austin Rover/ MGR group cars that I haven't already got, Steven........

Cheers Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  turn the wheel Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:38 pm

1. AND now the weather is brilliant so many are involved in outdoor stuff and we will have lots of wet days when we can scroll all day..................see the time now.....11:40 pm....im just in the door now........BUT great to have the forum to look up too.....enjoy!!!!!

turn the wheel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazzo Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:34 am

I'm glad to see this thread going in a more positive direction Smile
I wasn't going to post a reply in this thread as I thought it was a bit of a negative thread and people were being asked to justify as to why they were not posting anything,
To be honest I've only looked in on this thread twice!! there's far too much other stuff to be looking at on here Wink

Cazzo
Cazzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3