Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scaling decals

3 posters

Go down

scaling decals Empty scaling decals

Post  bmd Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:00 pm

right this is prob a dumb question lads, but i was trying to print up a missing decal to complete latest code3...why is it when i have the words printed on the screen and they measure, say, 54 mm across, they come out printed as 46mm? is there a formula which is constant? so when i go to measure an existing decal for printing, how do i get the size the same when printed?
example....1:43 'GoldCard' decal is 16mm across on the model...if i want to recreate that, how do i know looking at the screen what size the finished article wil come out? i know that if i have the new decal at 100% of the template, and multiply it up to 240%, it will fit a 1:18 model, but the prob is getting the original right on screen....
after all this someones gonna say 'trial and error m8!' aren't hey lol!!!

cheers lads...
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

scaling decals Empty Re: scaling decals

Post  brian Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:11 pm

What program are you using Billy. It sounds like, when you go to print, there is an option that is scaling it down. Look for an option something like scale to fit, and make sure it is disabled.

When im drawing up decals, i use a template, like fantasy liverys i had on the other forum. I get the measurements of the real car, height weight etc and make sure the template matchs these. Then scale down to whatever scale im doing the model of. It still requires a print off and fit, but is normally pretty acurate

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:59 pm

cheers brian, appreciated m8, gonna hit bed now, 5.30 start, but i'll have a bash tomorrow evening;
thanks m8, oh, any word on our other printing project yet m8?
billy
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan_C Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:14 pm

Let us know what program you're using.
Ryan_C
Ryan_C

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:39 pm

Emailed the guy this week who was doing it and hes still having trouble with his set up. Combination of a really old printer that only runs off windows 98 and driver problems. Hes sent the file onto a friend of his who was to print them. Ill give them another week or two and start looking for someone else to print them. Ive only given them this long as they can print white and silver. As soon as i know, you'll know

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down