Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British Rallycross Championship Round 2: Lydden Hill, 6th April

Go down

British Rallycross Championship Round 2:  Lydden Hill, 6th April Empty British Rallycross Championship Round 2: Lydden Hill, 6th April

Post  Hampton Caught Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:08 pm

Hot on the heels of Round 1 at Croft comes Round 2 at Lydden, this coming Bank Holiday Monday!  Cool

The provisional entry list has been posted:  http://www.rallycrossbrx.com/assets/img/uploads/Rnd-2-Lydden-Entry-List.pdf though I suspect the work experience student has typed it up - there are a 'few' errors in the detail!   Rolling Eyes

However, there is a healthy list of Supercars, including Mark Flaherty taking his first meeting in the second Albatec Peugeot 208 Supercar alongside team mate Andy Scott.  Andy won the Supercar final in the first round at Croft so expect some very healthy competition there and throughout the various categories.

Reigning Supernationals champion, Stuart Emery, is out to start his championship defence having blown the engine of his 2 litre, turbocharged Peugeot 206 in the first round of heats at Croft.  Whilst he's been rebuilding the car, I've been building a 1/43 scale version, but mine's not complete yet!  Doh!  Mad

I heard this morning that Rob Gibson's MG Metro 6R4 is alive, kicking and sounding 'punchy', having had new cams recently.  Can't wait to see and hear it in action!  Contrary to the entry list, he is not driving a 1600cc MG Metro.  It's the full-fat 3000cc V64V powered 6R4 and I should know, I've been in it!!   king

I'll be at the meeting myself, along with my display of rallycross models in the Retro Rallycross Arena.  If anyone else from here is coming along, please come and find me and the display.... and say hello!  Then reel in surprise as you note there are models of Fords, Porsches and even a Renault!  The 6R4s still dominate (hurrah!) and there are TR7 V8s, a 4x4 Mini from 1971 and many others spanning rallycross from 1971 to the present day.

See you there........

Cheers, Steve

Last edited by Hampton Caught on Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

British Rallycross Championship Round 2:  Lydden Hill, 6th April Empty Re: British Rallycross Championship Round 2: Lydden Hill, 6th April

Post  Hampton Caught Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:35 pm

No-one else from here going to Lydden on Bank Holiday Monday? affraid

I'm shocked!!!!!

Promises to be a full and fun-packed day's motorsport mayhem and cracking competition! That will do for the alliterations! Rolling Eyes

I read earlier this week that the jump on the exit of the joker lap, first seen on Top Gear, is being kept! Should add to the spectacle.

No idea what the weather will be doing, but, as Sir Ranulph Feines once said, there's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing!

Hope to see some of you there. Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

British Rallycross Championship Round 2:  Lydden Hill, 6th April Empty Re: British Rallycross Championship Round 2: Lydden Hill, 6th April

Post  Hampton Caught Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:09 pm

Well, I've thawed out now from yesterday's chilly but fun-packed day's rallycrossing at Lydden. Very Happy

Am delighted to say the display of rallycross cars went down an absolute storm. I remembered to take a shot of it before putting everything away, so will ping it to CDM and ask him to pop it online for me, so everyone here can see. I was located immediately outside the Retro Rallycross Arena and there was a non-stop crowd of visitors taking a look, remembering 'the old days' and a number of interesting chats ensued. More photos and ideas of future rallycross builds!! Shocked

The display started with some of the earliest rallycross cars - such as Paddy Hopkirk's Morris 1300 as raced at Lydden in January and February 1969, right through the Group B era (a 'few' 6R4s on hand!!) to the modern day including three current Retro Rallycross cars and a 'work in progress' of Stuart Emery's Peugeot 206 Supernational car.

The action on track was excellent. Fast and indeed, furious! Hope you'll be able to catch up with it on TV/ the interweb. Won't spoil the results at this stage!!!!!

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down