Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rallycross model

5 posters

Go down

Rallycross model Empty Rallycross model

Post  wadgej Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:48 pm

Hi all Smile

I'm looking for someone to take a mini cooper s model and customise it to look like my boyfriends rallycross car for his 21st birthday in April, but I'm struggling to find someone to do this for me

Any offers / advice?

Thanks Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

wadgej

Back to top Go down

Rallycross model Empty Re: Rallycross model

Post  Zeus Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:31 pm

Welcome aboard, I'm sure a few would be able to help. Do you have pictures of his car?
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Rallycross model Empty Pictures

Post  wadgej Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:36 pm

Hi I sure do, here are a couple

https://i.servimg.com/u/f18/19/28/13/70/11044511.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f18/19/28/13/70/11289710.jpg

wadgej

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:53 pm

Nice livery on that. Im sure theres a couple here who will be able to help out.

I will say though that the area above the rear wheels will be the trickiest to replicate. If you could have a sneaky word with the guys who did the original graphics and see if they have the artwork for it then it would be much easier for the builder as it can be scaled down

Back to top Go down

Post  wadgej Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:03 pm

It shouldn't be difficult to get hold of - if it's needed and would make it easier (and possibly a bit cheaper).

Obviously there are some distinct differences between it and the regular cooper - the exhaust is out the side, the scoop on the top and the wheels, but I'm hoping they wouldn't be too difficult to add / change

wadgej

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:07 pm

Would definately be a good start if you had the file.

Also as many pictures as you can get from several different angles would also help whoever you can get to build it

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:02 pm

Hi,

This sounds right up my street!

You may have seen my display of rallycross models in the paddock at almost every round of this year's British Rallycross Championship? I missed the first visit to Pembrey but was there last weekend with the retro rallycross boys and girls.

I'd be delighted to make the model - I'm building one for Stuart Emery right now!

All of my models (to date) are 1/43 scale, which are about the size of a Corgi or Dinky model. Stuart's Peugeot 206 is 9cm long, to give you a better idea. I haven't, to date, built a 1/18 scale model, which is much larger - I don't have any to measure, unfortunately, but there's a first time.

A very important question is, when do you need the model by? i.e. when is Todd's birthday! It takes a fair while to make the model and create the decals, though as Brian rightly points out, if you have access to the original graphics, this would be much more straight forward (and quicker) I'd expect. I'm going tobe at Lydden in August and at Croft over the Grand Prix weekend, so if these tie in with your timngs, that would be best so I can hand the model in person over without risking Postman Pat, his van and that pesky black and white cat!

I didn't get to say anything at Mondello, but I was in awe of your team's dedication getting the MINI rebuilt over Saturday night and back on track for Sunday's round. I didn't want to disturb the team at the meeting, but boy, you guys worked hard! Shocked

Drop me a PM with your contact details and I'll call you when it's convenient.

Cheers, Steve

Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:38 pm

Hampton Caught wrote:Hi,

This sounds right up my street!

You may have seen my display of rallycross models in the paddock at almost every round of this year's British Rallycross Championship?  I missed the first visit to Pembrey but was there last weekend with the retro rallycross boys and girls.

I'd be delighted to make the model - I'm building one for Stuart Emery right now!  

All of my models (to date) are 1/43 scale, which are about the size of a Corgi or Dinky model.  Stuart's Peugeot 206 is 9cm long, to give you a better idea.  I haven't, to date, built a 1/18 scale model, which is much larger - I don't have any to measure, unfortunately, but there's a first time.

A very important question is, when do you need the model by?  i.e. when is Todd's birthday!  It takes a fair while to make the model and create the decals, though as Brian rightly points out, if you have access to the original graphics, this would be much more straight forward (and quicker) I'd expect.  I'm going tobe at Lydden in August and at Croft over the Grand Prix weekend, so if these tie in with your timngs, that would be best so I can hand the model in person over without risking Postman Pat, his van and that pesky black and white cat!

I didn't get to say anything at Mondello, but I was in awe of your team's dedication getting the MINI rebuilt over Saturday night and back on track for Sunday's round.  I didn't want to disturb the team at the meeting, but boy, you guys worked hard!   Shocked  

Drop me a PM with your contact details and I'll call you when it's convenient.

Cheers, Steve

Oi Evil or Very Mad

Laughing
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:16 pm

Sorry Chris,

Forgot you have a thing about ........................... cats!  Very Happy

Ahem!  Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught