Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Millstreet Vintage Club Model Toy Show

+12
sbuckley
potiman
jimb
reeft1
Ted Creedon
newt5550
143models.com
Rallycol
Juha
JOB
turn the wheel
brian
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Millstreet Vintage Club Model Toy Show - Page 2 Empty Re: Millstreet Vintage Club Model Toy Show

Post  brian Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:22 pm

Great to meet up with all the forum members who were there. As the guys have said, great to put faces to names. Was nice to meet up and talk models and plenty of new models in the works because of it. Myself and Niall spent at least 30 minutes watching James set up his models to see what new treasures he was pulling out.

I forgot to bring my good camera with me so dont have any proper pictures, just ones I have taken with the tablet. Highlights for me were Donies awesome chevettes, Sean's very impressive Coleman collection but particularly the 911. But the biggest highlight of the show was Piotr's 1/24 builds. The attention to detail, the craftmanship and the quality finish he has achieved are something any model builder should aspire too. Certainly has given me some inspiration to try produce some better models.

Huge thanks to Donie and team for the bed for the night and for the fantastic event. Plenty of people flowing through all day to see the displays, great facility for the show and great welcoming from everyone. Already looking to see what I can have ready in the hope for another show next year.

Back to top Go down

Millstreet Vintage Club Model Toy Show - Page 2 Empty Re: Millstreet Vintage Club Model Toy Show

Post  mconboy Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:07 pm

Some set up of models there. A 1:18 Fisher Subaru. It seems to have being a great day.
A nice looking GXSR as well Smile
mconboy
mconboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeus Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:15 pm

Nice displays guys, looks like a good show Cool
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:33 pm

mconboy wrote:Some set up of models there. A 1:18 Fisher Subaru. It seems to have being a great day.
A nice looking GXSR as well Smile

Yes there is, but like the Coleman M3, its not finished yet so I havnt posted up here. But is fine from a distance so I brought them along.

Millstreet Vintage Club Model Toy Show - Page 2 20151101_132201_zpsfim87jo5
Millstreet Vintage Club Model Toy Show - Page 2 20151101_132357_zpsuavwpgqk
Millstreet Vintage Club Model Toy Show - Page 2 20151101_115342_zpssqodhg8e

Back to top Go down

Post  mconboy Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:45 pm

If its like the rest of your builds it will be perfect Brian.
mconboy
mconboy

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:02 pm

Chevette's are superb.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  Niallod Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:13 pm

A big thank you to Donie, James, Brian, Ted and Sean for putting on a superb display of models. They looked incredible, all of them. I kind of felt a bit of a fraud not having models on display, but Donie has most of mine and a lot more Laughing
The time and effort put in by Donie and his crew of helpers showed, on how well the displays were received.
Great facility with easy access and loads of parking, as always Donie had it all thought out.
It was a pleasure to meet Brian in the flesh too, i know the rest of them only too well at this stage Embarassed
Take a bow lads and well done, i really enjoyed the day!

Niallod

Back to top Go down

Post  turn the wheel Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:07 pm

Greetings everybody,
Thank you all for the good wishes with the Model Show prior to it and the congratulations on its sucess afterwards........yes thankfully it was a great sucess, or so i think.... but that was only due to the help i got from the DRM members...... Thank you to Brian who supplied a huge range of 1/18 scale models made and displayed to perfection, Ted who arrived with an amazing display of his self produced models as did Piotr with his 1/24 scales made with an amazing class and quality.....we are fortunate to have him near by and of course Sean Buckley with his prestigious collection of home built 1/18s from strip.... paint jobs..... to his research....decal manufacture......the finished product is out of this world.......only achieved by "LOVE and dedication " for model making....AS for James who travelled such a huge distance to be with us he had an array of very rare and some times once off treasures in 1/43,,,,,,,,,somebody on this forum said it was the biggest display of rally models ever seen in Ireland and i think they are right....as for Niall who did not display any models but he was our roaming critic and that was important too as he brought all the info from around the hall "Model Spy"
There were many other Rally Car displays by non members of this forum or seldom visitors to it.......and to them i am greatfull and indeed like any event there was a few people who were unable to attend on the day and they know they missed out on a great day......and a great opportunity to meet all the makers and dooers in the model scene.....
To anybody thinking of holding a model show i think we stumbled on to what is a brilliant effect ....that is having a display of photographs in the background just for show and highlighting the scene. Thankfully the dust have now settled and i got time to draw my breath looking back i would change very little and all the dealers on the day expressed a wish to come back next year if the show was to go ahead and i am glad to say the Millstreet Vintage Club had its monthly meeting last night where i reported a profit of 1094 Euro and i got the green light with running the event again in 2016 so work will start in early January for this show. SO now you have almost a full years notice that your help is required !!!!!!!
2016 will be bigger and better so start thinking what you will have for "The Show"

turn the wheel

Back to top Go down

Post  turn the wheel Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:10 pm

Greetings everybody,
         Thank you all for the good wishes with the Model Show prior to it  and the congratulations on its sucess afterwards........yes thankfully it was a great sucess, or so i think.... but that was only due to the help i got from the DRM members...... Thank you to Brian who supplied a huge range of 1/18 scale models made and displayed  to perfection, Ted who arrived with an amazing display of his self produced models as did Piotr with his 1/24 scales made with an amazing class and quality.....we are fortunate to have him near by and of course Sean Buckley with his prestigious collection of home built 1/18s from strip.... paint jobs..... to his research....decal manufacture......the finished product is out of this world.......only achieved by "LOVE and dedication " for model making....AS for James who travelled such a huge distance to be with us he had an array of very rare and some times once off treasures in 1/43,,,,,,,,,somebody on this forum said it was the biggest display of rally models ever seen in Ireland and i think they are right....as for Niall who did not display any models but he was our roaming critic and that was important too as he brought all the info from around the hall "Model Spy"
There were many other Rally Car displays by non members of this forum or seldom visitors to it.......and to them i am greatfull and indeed like any event there was a few people who were unable to attend on the day and they know they missed out on a great day......and a great opportunity to meet all the makers and dooers in the model scene.....
         To anybody thinking of holding a model show i think we stumbled on to what is a brilliant effect ....that is having a display of photographs in the background just for show and highlighting the scene. Thankfully the dust have now settled and i got time to draw my breath looking back i would change very little and all the dealers on the day expressed a wish to come back next year if the show was to go ahead and i am glad to say the Millstreet Vintage Club had its monthly meeting last night where i reported a profit of 1094 Euro and i got the green light with running the event again in 2016 so work will start in early January for this show. SO now you have almost a full years notice that your help is required !!!!!!!
         2016 will be bigger and better so start thinking what you will have for "The Show"....i do regret not having enough time to float around myself looking at the models/displays and more time to chat with everybody on the day........again Sincere thank you to everybody and hopefully everybody will bring 1 friend to next years show..........Donie

turn the wheel

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:30 pm

Well done to Donie and his band of helpers. But the thanks also extends to the Lucey family who provided tea, coffee sandwiches biscuit cakes on Saturday night as well as all day Sunday. I had a horrible sore throat so the hot tea was most welcome. As Donie said people love looking at photos - i firmly believe it is the reason facebook has become so successful.
The hall was full so i don't know how it can get any bigger !!! I would like to say we have 12 months to recover/plan but easter 2016 is getting in the way Razz Razz Razz Razz

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:27 pm

Excellent news that the financials backed up the huge success of the show. Its a fantastic location and resource to have access to so shows like this have a home. Even better news that it will return for another show next year. I now have a deadline to hit for the remainder of my GXI collection.

Back to top Go down

Post  turn the wheel Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:06 pm

New Year Greetings fellow members, hope 2016 will be a model year for all and of all scales!!!!!!!
The latest News on the 2016 Show is The Show will take place in the same Venue with the date for you calander is ________________Sunday October 30__________
Yes ....................Sunday October 30................
So .....................Sunday October 30................
Got it """""""""""""""""Sunday October 30""""""""""""""""

I will put up the date later***************************************************************************************************Sunday October 30****************************************************************************************
Donie

turn the wheel

Back to top Go down

Post  turn the wheel Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:07 pm

SUNDAY

turn the wheel

Back to top Go down

Post  turn the wheel Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:08 pm

October 30!!!!!!!!!!

turn the wheel

Back to top Go down

Post  Ted Creedon Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:33 am

Any news on a date yet, Donie?
Ted Creedon
Ted Creedon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cess Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:23 am

Does anyone have pictures from the 2015 show? I'd love to see the displays.

Cheers chaps.

EDIT: Should have gone to specsavers *embarrassed face*

Drooling over the models now. Loving it.

Cess

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:51 am

Ill be there again Donie. Wont bring as many models this time as Im positive space will be a premium. After the success of last year, I can see many more putting on displays

Back to top Go down

Post  turn the wheel Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:44 pm

Ted Creedon wrote:Any news on a date yet, Donie?
TED !!!!!!! Breeda is putting on the kettle for the coffee on October 30 at 8:30 so ill see you there?????????????????????????????/

turn the wheel

Back to top Go down

Post  turn the wheel Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:49 pm

brian wrote:Ill be there again Donie. Wont bring as many models this time as Im positive space will be a premium. After the success of last year, I can see many more putting on displays
........Brian........please bring as many models as you possibly can......1/18, 1/43, 1/24, 1/32 or 2 legged.................let me worry about the space..........Donie..........ps I have just booked the same accomodation for you!!!!!!

turn the wheel

Back to top Go down

Post  turn the wheel Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:59 pm

Cess wrote:Does anyone have pictures from the 2015 show? I'd love to see the displays.

Cheers chaps.

EDIT: Should have gone to specsavers *embarrassed face*

Drooling over the models now. Loving it.
Hello Hello......i think we had a meeting at the West Cork Rally a few years ago....a visit to the 2016 Model/toy show is a must for you next October 30!!!!!!

turn the wheel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cess Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:51 pm

We did Donie and it's a wonderful part of the world. West Cork is booked again and would really like to make it to this. Looks a great event.

Cess

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:43 pm

turn the wheel wrote:
brian wrote:Ill be there again Donie. Wont bring as many models this time as Im positive space will be a premium. After the success of last year, I can see many more putting on displays
........Brian........please bring as many models as you possibly can......1/18, 1/43, 1/24, 1/32 or 2 legged.................let me worry about the space..........Donie..........ps I have just booked the same accomodation for you!!!!!!

Thanks Donie. Will be a great weekend again.

This is fast becoming another forum meet up. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  turn the wheel Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:49 pm

Well Brian, another forum member meeting is something i will not knock, always great to meet more people with the same disease adiction....ie Models of any scale

turn the wheel

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:37 pm

Congrats to Donie on a well written article and some nice photos of the show on this months issue of the Irish Vintage Scene. Roll on 30 October 2016.

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2