Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seb signs for.......................

+5
Sal the 2nd
newt5550
bmd
reeft1
jimb
9 posters

Go down

Seb signs for....................... Empty Seb signs for.......................

Post  jimb Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:51 pm

M-SPORT !!!. Ogier and Tanak are the dream team, third driver to be announced. Excellent news, so pleased for Malcolm. Does this mean that Ford are back though as manufacturer ?.

M-Sport so excited that they spelled Tanak's name wrong !. bounce bounce cheers

http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-news/fiesta-rs-wrc/ogier-and-taenak-lead-m-sport-in-2017
jimb
jimb

Back to top Go down

Seb signs for....................... Empty Re: Seb signs for.......................

Post  David Napier Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:44 pm

Fantastic, great news for Tanak too, would love to see Evans getting a Christmas present from them of some events in the 3rd car Very Happy

David Napier

Back to top Go down

Seb signs for....................... Empty Re: Seb signs for.......................

Post  reeft1 Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:07 pm

Now thats a line up!!
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:25 am

hhmmm.....should be interesting.....
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:24 pm

Now we will see if it's Man or Machine?
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal the 2nd Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:40 pm

Really got mixed emotions about this. Thing is for me that M-Sport have got to step up to the plate and have nowhere to hide. They can produce a good car obviously however despite the impressive facility that Dovenby is the fact that it has to house the Bentley GT and customer operations as well it just doesnt have that clinical focus that the likes of VW appear to have. Also Tanak aside they havent had a lot of success at the pointy end for a while so hope that the relationship gets off to a good start for all concerned.
Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:47 pm

I think its great for MSport. For the first time since the gronholm days, they have a driver that has that xfactor. Im really looking forward to 2017 now, i just hope the cars are evenly matched and not one manufacturer dominating.

Back to top Go down

Post  GKnight Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:46 pm

I think the Fiesta is a fabulous little car and they now finally have someone to extract it's full potential. Instantly excited for 2017 now, what a year it could be.

GKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:20 pm

Looks like Seb and Ott will be running different livery on their Fiestas this year and the fantasy speculation about Seb bringing Red Bull sponsorship is no longer a fantasy - car looks fab in it.
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:33 am

agreed paul its a meaty looking wee thing.....plus nice to see lattvala in the toyota too....
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:11 pm

Reports are that the new 2017 car is between 1 and 2 seconds a kilometer quicker than the old car. Considering that Meeke broke the exisiting records in Finland in 2016 using the old car, am I the only one who thinks this is utter madness. These are machines on which bits do break, driven by humans who can make mistakes. If there is an accident how far away is it safe to be from one of these projectiles if they get out of control.
For myself I want to see spectacle - that is noise and sideways not a formula 1 flash by.
I wish everyone well and I will be in Monte with Paul's dad but I have grave fears that the lunatics have taken charge of the asylum.In the case of VW we see what respect they have for our sport - its ours not theirs. They are in business using our sport and in my opinion abusing our sport.
Happy New Year everyone.

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  David Napier Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:21 pm

JOB wrote:Reports are that the new 2017 car is between 1 and 2 seconds a kilometer quicker than the old car. Considering that Meeke broke the exisiting records in Finland in 2016 using the old car, am I the only one who thinks this is utter madness. These are machines on which bits do break, driven by humans who can make mistakes. If there is an accident how far away is it safe to be from one of these projectiles if they get out of control.
For myself I want to see spectacle - that is noise and sideways not a formula 1 flash by.
I wish everyone well and I will be in Monte with Paul's dad but I have grave fears that the lunatics have taken charge of the asylum.In the case of VW we see what respect they have for our sport - its ours not theirs. They are in business using our sport and in my opinion abusing our sport.
Happy New Year everyone.

I've long been of the opinion that sponsors and not manufacturers are what makes a healthy sport, I'm not sure the small increase in speed will make a huge increase in danger, but I do think in some respects the cars were already too fast! Deliberate/regulated speed increases like we are seeing are a PR nightmare if there is any serious accideents in the next year or two though.

David Napier

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:56 am

Evans gets the covetted number 3 car seat at M-Sport for 2017 (well,at least for the Monte) but will run on DMACK tyres instead of Michelins). camilli drops back to WRC2 in an M-sport R5.
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down