Ebay again

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ebay again

Post  JOB on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:20 pm

I bought some decals on ebay from a french ebayer I have dealt with a number of times in the past "virateminature". The postal charges are scandalous so I decided to addd two roof rack kits to get better value from the p&p . Imagine my surprise when he tells me he can add one roof rack but not the other because apparently one is denominated in sterling and the other in euros. Both bought at the same time - so it was not as if I went back in on ebay.co.uk. Is there a con here apart from getting stung for extra postal charges? I have come across it before. I went back into his ebay list and bought a euro one and asked him to add it and cancel the "sterling" transaction. I await his reaction.

JOB

Back to top Go down

Re: Ebay again

Post  Sal the 2nd on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:37 pm

Bought from him once as he did the Chris Lord Monte Sunbeam under his own label and postage was an issue for me as well. As a rule the French guys are bit more realistic than their Italian cousins though who on average appear to want at least £10.00 postage standard airmail for one set of decals!

Trust he will come round to your way of thinking.

Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:49 pm

I agree postage costs from him and other french and italian sellers are top end but i always check what its really cost them when the letters arrive and there isnt much margin in it for him. I think ebay generally insists/strongly encourages registered/tracked postage even for low value items and that's where the costs come from.
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum