Colin McRae at TEN

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Colin McRae at TEN

Post  CDM on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:43 pm

It will be ten years on Sept 15 tomorrow since we lost Colin McRae.

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/september-2017/mcrae-moments/page/4850--12-12-.html

He his still held in reverence by many, most of whom never even saw him on an event, which I find very odd. Clearly the rally games have added to his reputation.

But it was much more fun seeing him in action for real.

Rally Day at Castle Coombe is on Saturday 23rd September. I will have the Colin McRae display there on the Craven Motor Club stand, come and say hello.

Check out the www.rallyday.com website for more info on who is there and what cars are there. Latvala, Evans, Tanak & Blomquist and some of the MCrae Collection cars...

Chris

CDM

Back to top Go down

Re: Colin McRae at TEN

Post  CDM Today at 8:30 pm

Busy day as ever at Rally Day.

Altough we were not on the main drag we did get some interesting visitors to view the Colin McRae Collection.

Best story was about McRae's multiple crashes on the 1992 1000 Lakes.

Dave W was at the next fuel halt after the first crash. Three of them were jumoping up and down on the roof to try and flatten it.
The service crew found them and welded the roll cage to the body.

They were then dispatched to a local Subaru agent where there was a new white Legacy saloon. They removed all four dorrs and fitted these to the McRae car. They were even stickered up correctly.

Unfortunaly, Colin hadnt finished crashing as he went off again and again, damaging the doors again.

This is why I do the shows, you never know what you are going to learn

Chris

CDM

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum