Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time for a change Not so much a goodbye more of a re-birth!

+5
bmd
Cowley
JOB
reeft1
Sal the 2nd
9 posters

Go down

Time for a change Not so much a goodbye more of a re-birth! Empty Time for a change Not so much a goodbye more of a re-birth!

Post  Sal the 2nd Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:06 am

I know from time to time members have announced a change of direction in their collecting and in some sad but often unavoidable cases a complete with-drawl from the hobby (and lets face it that's what it should be and not an obsession)

Anyway its time for me to make some changes. Its been a pretty odd year for me with some obvious very low points but also some moments which I dare say have bordered on epiphanies! One of these has changed my out look of the collection of rally based models,books magazine and dvds/videos that I've amassed over the years. I've realised that have so much that I'm unable to really enjoy it and as have no-one to leave it to other than wife if she survives me, that its time to rationalise on a massive scale! The decision has been made to sell everything including all my 1/43rds and concentrate on 1/18th but only have one model of every significant rally car that interests me and this way I reckon I can keep it under control. The growth in 1/18 driven by Otto has made this decision easier and whilst at the moment not everything I'd like to add has been produced can square that against the fact that if it doesn't exist then I cant stress about it! Ironically I've let a few 1/18th go in the past that I'd like to get back but that's often the way it goes! Should have the space in my office/"man cave" to accommodate this idea but only time will tell!

Anyway plan to be around these parts still just with a revised focus and will still keep a keen eye on the 1/43rd market as am planning to still buy and sell 1/43rds but now to fund this new approach. Those of you who know my Ebay user name will be able see what I'm offloading and whilst I cant promise any bargains I'll see what I can do within reason! Look forward to continuing to debate and discuss and am hoping that my decision will free up some time to try and get things on here a bit more lively as its seemed pretty quiet of late!

Apologies for my public announcement however having under gone some grief counselling earlier this year I find it kind of empowering to let it out!

All the best

Chris
Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Time for a change Not so much a goodbye more of a re-birth! Empty Re: Time for a change Not so much a goodbye more of a re-birth!

Post  reeft1 Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:55 pm

Very best of luck with the new approach Chris and apologies are absolutely not needed. For those of us who aren’t familiar with your ebay name, could you share it (pm if you feel more comfortable that way). Great that you will still visit this forum on a regular basis.
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Time for a change Not so much a goodbye more of a re-birth! Empty Re: Time for a change Not so much a goodbye more of a re-birth!

Post  Sal the 2nd Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:03 pm

It's ecml which is bit odd I know for someone who cant stand trains however I used to work in the rail industry and that was the abbreviation for the East Coast Main Line!

Also re-found a couple of large boxes containing decals and transkits that, like at lot of people I was going to get around to using at some point!
Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:28 pm

Piques my interest! Do you have a list?
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal the 2nd Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:51 pm

Not yet but will be in hand! Got to sort everything out so its going to be a work in progress over the next few weeks.
Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:18 pm

Chris,
Life ain't a rehersal. Do what enhances your enjoyment of life not what restricts it.
Waiting with bated breath to see what you are putting on the market
Best of luck
James

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal the 2nd Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:30 pm

James many thanks. Will try and get my finger out and get listing but its proving to be a busy week!

Your words are very true as has been proven more than once too close to home recently

I wont be walking away from the hobby as get too much out of it and have met some great people just need to take stock and get back to enjoying it which I'm already starting to do. Looking forward to the next chapter of my collecting life and also supporting this forum which allows like minded souls to do the same. Reckon I'm going to get as much enjoyment looking at everyone else's additions and builds as I have done building up my own!
Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:51 am

I can totally relate to what you are saying, Chris. I too have had moments of streamlining in the past - some I have regretted, others not so much. Like James points out, it's all about enjoyment and what adds to your life - if that no longer happens (on any level) then it is right to change that for the better IMHO.

My regrets are selling my two XAVS Metros (Bolton & Gillanders) and my KMD Coleman cars! - what was I thinking! Rolling Eyes

My current regret - although easily remedied - is not having a cabinet to display and enjoy my collection.

Good luck with the streamlining, Chris - will be keeping a keen eye on any obvious subjects of interest.

Don't be a stranger.... Wink
Cowley
Cowley

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CODE343/414306915273338

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:23 am

chris, just wanted to echo the sentiments above, wishing you the very best in your new focus, and i'll obviously celebrate your desire to get into 18s lol, seriously though if your looking any advice, comments or opinions of the bigger models which you maybe havent seen, just shout m8 ...and regards the forum, like your self and a few others recently, ive had a major change of personal circumstances over last 3 years and only now getting back on the horse, but hope to post pix of collections very soon...as james says, as long as we're enjoying it then thats all that matters..
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:33 pm

Chris. What can I say as others have said it all. Good luck in your new adventure in 1/18 and don't look back. Always forward and positive is the way to go. I'm a big believer in what will be, will be!
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  Ted Creedon Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:39 am

I think I should just copy & paste James' words.
Lash into it, Chris! Hoping your new direction will be phoenix like.
Ted Creedon
Ted Creedon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal the 2nd Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:54 am

Cheers Lads!

Really great support and its already feeling like a good decision! Appreciate that some of the older/rarer 1/18ths like Autoart's Lancer WRC05 are going to be hard/expensive to track down but always had a fatalistic approach to collecting anyway so if it happens it happens.
Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Post  CDM Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:38 pm

Chris

Good luck in clearing one collection and starting a new one.

Tracking down new models is always fun - the thrill of the chase and all that.....

Chris

CDM

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:55 pm

chris, if you get a chance post a list of what 18s you're after, i've a few doubles in my collection which i'll be listing soon...i realise you'll prob want to list the ones you're selling first, to obtain the funds for new collection, so just whenever suits m8
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  turn the wheel Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:49 pm

What can i say Chris.......only say what has already been said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy and stay tuned and indeed your plan is food for thought indeed............think my days are chainging too ......no longer want be the child with the hand in th e sweet jar ?????????????

turn the wheel

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:07 pm

turn the wheel wrote:What can i say Chris.......only say what has already been said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Enjoy and stay tuned and indeed your plan is food for thought indeed............think my days are chainging too ......no longer want be the child with the hand in th e sweet jar ?????????????

Best quote I've seen in a long time and very true.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal the 2nd Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:24 pm

The conversion has already begun! Bought a Loeb A/art C4 and a Norev Meeke C3 this week and an altaya Yaris WRC arrived as well! Shocked

Need to obtain a few Otto's namely the BX 4TC and 5 Turbo Maxi but already had most of the rally ones they have released as just so good. It was their products that kind of influenced my decision in part however when I counted up how many 1/18th I had already was quite surprised!

Regards others its mainly Autoart I'm on the hunt for and a Kyosho Alitlalia Fiat 131.

To pay for all this will be updating my ebay listings in the next few days but reckon this "transition" is going to take some time going by all the stuff I have accumulated!
Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal the 2nd Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:01 am

Sales in full effect! Needs to be as bought 5 1/18th in a week, Otto R5 Maxi, BX 4TC BMW M1 Ferrari 308 and Renault 11 Turbo but as am selling off Spark and HPI then money wise I'm in credit!
Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down