Ebay behaviour of forum member Steven Shaw

Go down

Ebay behaviour of forum member Steven Shaw Empty Ebay behaviour of forum member Steven Shaw

Post  JOB on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:38 pm

I have interactions with a number of forum members on here and they have always been cordial and in many cases we have dealt on ebay. My expectations are that a minimum level of understanding and courtesy would be expected.

Steven Shaw has at least one facebook page in his own name and a facebook page called SRS-motorsportmodels and like many of us is also on ebay called runningman127. He posted the fact that he was selling a rare Mitsubishi WRC ( the white version) on the SRS-motorsport page on facebook and put it up on ebay.
I asked if he had just the one on the SRS -motorsportmodels page and he said he had just the one. I bought it on ebay on Sunday the 16th of June and paid for it at 8am on Monday the 17th of June. Ebay estimates the delivery dates , in this case 24th to 27th of June. So when it had not arrived by Monday last 1 July I sent a standard ebay message asking if there was a problem and looking for the tracking number. This message was not replied to but on Tuesday I got a message from ebay to say the seller had cancelled the sale because it was "out of stock".

From here on I will screenshot our exchange and let it to you to see whether you would deal with his likes again - bearing in mind that he has now taken down the Mitsubishi thread from SRS-Motorsportmodel facebook page and despite his assertions that he has "other things to think about other than bloody models" he currently has 8 models/items for sale on ebay and is advertising items for sale on the facebook page.

The third screen shot is a facebook message I received this morning. The word "warn" to me suggest a threat, an effort to intimidate or to bully and in all three cases he has picked the wrong candidate if that is his intention. I will put up a separate post on the Ken Block exchange.

Ebay behaviour of forum member Steven Shaw Srs_110
Ebay behaviour of forum member Steven Shaw Srs210
Ebay behaviour of forum member Steven Shaw Srs310

JOB

Back to top Go down

Ebay behaviour of forum member Steven Shaw Empty Re: Ebay behaviour of forum member Steven Shaw

Post  JOB on Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:01 pm

Last week when the Donegal International Rally started a number of facebook trolls started bad mouthing Ken Block. Steven Shaw saw fit to call him a "Tool". I challenged him as Ken Block was a guest in my country competing in my sport and I took exception to any foreigner using the occasion to mouth off. My viewpoint was supported by a large number of people and when challenged to back up his outrageous comment he chose to go onto private message.  I am not a technical boffin but whether he has taken down the posts or taken down the page I cannot be sure but the exchange has disappeared from Facebook. However I have screenshotted the private messages he sent. This, remember is from a guy who is on here trying to make money out of Irish rallying by making and selling models. Maybe if he were to show a bit more respect people would be willing to help him. His final comment turns my stomach - I hope its a case of his  having a very poor grasp of the english language rather than trying to dismiss his racist and bigotted comments. Ebay behaviour of forum member Steven Shaw Shaw_110
Ebay behaviour of forum member Steven Shaw Shaw210
Ebay behaviour of forum member Steven Shaw Shaw_310

JOB

Back to top Go down

Ebay behaviour of forum member Steven Shaw Empty Re: Ebay behaviour of forum member Steven Shaw

Post  srsmodels on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:40 pm

YOU REALLY HAVE OVERSTEPPED THE MARK NOW

I WANT THIS REMOVED IMMEDIATELY

HOW DARE YOU RUBBISH MY NAME OVER ONE SIMPLE MISTAKE
ALSO EXACTLY WHAT HAS MY OPIONION ON BLOCK GOT TO DO WITH A SALE IFCA MODEL CAR?
YES MY OWN OPINION!!!!!

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB on Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:47 pm

Latest installments .
Just two comments
1. Interesting how someone who namecalls others assumes we all stoop to his level. By the way namecalling isn't an opinon as was pointed out on facebook- its what children do in the schoolyard and no doubt Mr Block loses sleep each night pondering on your "opinon" of him.
2. Interesting how someone can sell something on ebay and forget to tell the purchaser for 2 weeks that he can't find it yet expects an instant response when he sends a message on facebook.

Ebay behaviour of forum member Steven Shaw Shaw_410
Ebay behaviour of forum member Steven Shaw Shaw_510

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:41 pm

Well folks this is beginning to look more like an episode of a soap opera . I am finding it very interesting whereby an ebayer has my money and presumably the model and he won't address the question of refunding it. Its classic avoidance and low level bullying. So how happy would you be buying from this guy if there was a problem ?

First six and a half lines are my message to Shaw and thereafter is the exchange with Paypal on what is the refund procedure

At this stage even I have got fed up of him and his antics so its been handed over to Paypal to sort him out.

Ebay behaviour of forum member Steven Shaw Shaw_610

Ebay behaviour of forum member Steven Shaw Shaw_611

Ebay behaviour of forum member Steven Shaw Shaw_710
Ebay behaviour of forum member Steven Shaw Shaw_810

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  David Napier on Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:09 am

slander

/ˈslɑːndə/

noun
Law

noun: slander

the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.
"he is suing the TV company for slander"

synonyms: defamation, defamation of character, character assassination, misrepresentation of character, calumny, libel; More
scandalmongering, malicious gossip, muckraking, smear campaigning, disparagement, denigration, derogation, aspersions, vilification, traducement, obloquy, backbiting, scurrility;

lie, slur, smear, untruth, false accusation, false report, insult, slight;

informalmud-slinging;

informalbad-mouthing;

archaiccontumely

"he'd sue me for slander if I made the accusation publicly"

antonyms: acclamation, praise

•a false and malicious spoken statement.
plural noun: slanders

"I've had just about all I can stomach of your slanders"

verb

verb: slander; 3rd person present: slanders; past tense: slandered; past participle: slandered; gerund or present participle: slandering

make false and damaging statements about (someone).
"they were accused of slandering the head of state"

synonyms: defame, defame someone's character, blacken someone's name, give someone a bad name, tell lies about, speak ill/evil of, drag through the mud/mire, throw/sling/fling mud at, sully someone's reputation, libel, smear, run a smear campaign against, cast aspersions on, spread scandal about, besmirch, tarnish, taint, misrepresent; More
malign, traduce, vilify, calumniate, disparage, denigrate, decry, run down;

slur;

informaldo a hatchet job on;

rarederogate, asperse, vilipend

"they were accused of slandering the head of state"

antonyms: acclaim, praise

I don't see any slander from JOB, does anyone else? Steve, I've bought from you before, and everything went well, clearly this time it hasn't gone right, just send the refund

David Napier

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd on Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:46 am

just a couple of thoughts...

1. this is fundamentally a problem over a failed ebay transaction, you two guys are able to use ebay either to complete the transaction, or to cancel it with refund to james, so that process will run its course..hoping one outcome will occur asap

2. the comments over ken block are unseen on the forum, other than the 'hes a tool' statement....i dont think think this should have escalated as its an off-the-cuff remark from steven, which james simply diagrees with...block has a legion of fans, mostly youtubers i suspect, and can no doubt chuck a motor about in style, while on the other hand some folk believe hes an over-hyped caricature of a rally driver who has not proven himself on wrc stages...hes a better pilot than me, i know that, but we are all entitled to our opinion of folk in the public eye, and its human nature for people to say what they think of others (just read this forum, plenty of opinions lol)..as ken is caucasian like james and (i presume) steven, then anything said in the posts i read are not actually 'racist', just stevens opinion of kens public persona...block may be a true gent in real life and hes never done me any harm, so lets leave that alone... and agree to didsagree

3. this is not a good advert for the forum, but the issue is not with anything written or said on DRM, so i'm not sure it should be played out on here...its an ebay/paypal issue..if members have a problem with something on the forum then brian or paul etc will no doubt step in..

4. finally on a personal note, ive met james and ive dealt with steven, and have no probs with either...but this is a forum for builders of rally models lads, sad to see two members going at it on here..hoping you guys can sort it and put it behind you...life's too short, and this is supposed to be a positive and worthwhile forum, so lets keep it like that

just my twopence worth, no bias or offence intended
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB on Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:23 am

bmd wrote:just a couple of thoughts...

1. this is fundamentally a problem over a failed ebay transaction, you two guys are able to use ebay either to complete  the transaction, or to cancel it with refund to james, so that process will run its course..hoping one outcome will occur asap

2. the comments over ken block are unseen on the forum, other than the 'hes a tool' statement....i dont think think this should have escalated as its an off-the-cuff remark from steven, which james simply diagrees with...block has a legion of fans, mostly youtubers i suspect, and can no doubt chuck a motor about in style, while on the other hand some folk believe hes an over-hyped caricature of  a rally driver who has not proven himself on wrc stages...hes a better pilot than me, i know that, but we are all entitled to our opinion of folk in the public eye, and its human nature for people to say what they think of others (just read this forum, plenty of opinions lol)..as ken is caucasian like james and (i presume) steven, then anything said in the posts i read are not actually 'racist', just stevens opinion of kens public persona...block may be a true gent in real life and hes never done me any harm, so lets leave that alone... and agree to didsagree

3. this is not a good advert for the forum, but the issue is not with anything written or said on DRM, so i'm not sure it should be played out on here...its an ebay/paypal issue..if members have a problem with something on the forum then brian or paul etc will no doubt step in..

4. finally on a personal note, ive met james and ive dealt with steven, and have no probs with either...but this is a forum for builders of rally models lads, sad to see two members going at it on here..hoping you guys can sort it and put it behind you...life's too short, and this is supposed to be a positive and worthwhile forum, so lets keep it like that

Racism isn't just a matter of colour. When asked to justify calling ken Block what he did, he didn't mention his driving , his persona or anything else only just that he was a Yank and "All Yanks are Tools".

He never once said he was at fault, apologised or indicated in any way that he regretted his mistake. Sorry is a word that goes a long way. All I am glad is that I have ebay and paypal to enable me prise my money back out of him. This is my last word on this and thanks for your input.

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  srsmodels on Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:48 am

Thank you bmd for your valued support and balanced input
I am glad you are happy with anything you have bought in the past and I look forward to continue to in the future

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

Post  srsmodels on Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:02 pm

JOB wrote:
bmd wrote:just a couple of thoughts...

1. this is fundamentally a problem over a failed ebay transaction, you two guys are able to use ebay either to complete  the transaction, or to cancel it with refund to james, so that process will run its course..hoping one outcome will occur asap

2. the comments over ken block are unseen on the forum, other than the 'hes a tool' statement....i dont think think this should have escalated as its an off-the-cuff remark from steven, which james simply diagrees with...block has a legion of fans, mostly youtubers i suspect, and can no doubt chuck a motor about in style, while on the other hand some folk believe hes an over-hyped caricature of  a rally driver who has not proven himself on wrc stages...hes a better pilot than me, i know that, but we are all entitled to our opinion of folk in the public eye, and its human nature for people to say what they think of others (just read this forum, plenty of opinions lol)..as ken is caucasian like james and (i presume) steven, then anything said in the posts i read are not actually 'racist', just stevens opinion of kens public persona...block may be a true gent in real life and hes never done me any harm, so lets leave that alone... and agree to didsagree

Racism isn't just a matter of colour. When asked to justify calling ken Block what he did, he didn't mention his driving , his persona or anything else only just that he was a Yank and "All Yanks are Tools".

He never once said he was at fault, apologised or indicated in any way that he regretted his mistake. Sorry is a word that goes a long way. All I am glad is that I have ebay and paypal to enable me prise my money back out of him. This is my last word on this and thanks for your input.

It's people like you that cause a lot of trouble in the world
I really do not care one bit what you think of me or my comments
I will never forget this

Last edited by srsmodels on Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd on Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:07 pm

hi james,
no probs m8 i was just meaning that we're all guilty of the odd jibe or two at others expense due to nationalities, sure the tv is full of comedians who make their living out of slagging irish, english, australian, welsh, scottish, northern irish etc etc....but racism is different, its singling out a person for persecution or malicious ill-treatment based on their belonging to one of the 5 recognised races, with their different colours, physical make-up etc....all i was saying is that ken block is the same race as us so was not being singled out for that..racism has no place on this forum or anywhere else and i'm sure it would not be tolerated by the moderators...

the comment on 'yanks' is of course derogatory and an unfair generalisation, and in no way am i condoning it, but if we're going down the route of being offended every we're slagged off by someone then thats different...lets face it, we irish/northern irish know only too well how to give and take the slagging based on politics/religion/accents/flags/etc/etc .....we kept the comedians busy for decades and still do...at the end of the day ken block is a rich and successful guy and im sure a wee dig at him online isn't going to lose him any sleep..its not the first time hes been slagged and it won't be the last...but he's a big boy....
have we not all at one point had a dig at a different nationality, during locker-room banter, beer-fuelled pub-talk etc etc...?
i
as per apologies, i completely take your point and agree that if steven has made a mistake he should of course issue an apology and a refund if requested, i'm sure you guys can come a conclusion and get past this..

no offence or bias intended to either party

bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  brian on Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:44 pm

Thread locked until I read through it and decide what too do

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum