Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

meeke or latvala?

4 posters

Go down

meeke or latvala? Empty meeke or latvala?

Post  bmd Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:49 am

some rumblings that tommi is leaning towards kris for a 2020 drive with jml doing some other stuff tor them, only rumours i know but hes quotes as saying kris has been "relaxing" and making "no mistakes" (meeke? who'd have thunk it??!?) ...decision sooner rather than later its thought....
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

meeke or latvala? Empty Re: meeke or latvala?

Post  brian Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:33 pm

Its a tough call, Latvala has had some great drives over the years with Ford, VW and Toyota so I think hes a known quantity of where he is. On his day he can be quick, but those days are getting further and further apart. Hes likely to make mistakes even when hes off the pace.

Meeke on the other hand is one of the fastest drivers over a given stage, but is also likely to make mistakes. Let go from Mini and sacked from Citroen, ties well and truly cut with MSport (if rumors are to be believed) means he brings a certain level of baggage with him wherever he goes.

The difference with Latvala and Meeke is that Meekes mistakes are almost always rally ending, whereas Latvala seems to get away with them. So it comes down to what does Tommi need. Tanak is clearly the number one now, and if not he has earned it. Does Tommi want a second driver capable of getting wins should Tanak be off the pace, or a driver bringing in the points for the Manufacturers. Does he want someone who will teach Kalle Rovenpara the ropes, and if so, who fills this role? Meeke might just edge it here from his car set up ability.

Theres a lot to think about for sure. Whichever driver stays, I can only see them getting another year at most.

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:22 pm

yep all good points bri, apparently tommi compared meeekes latest run of steady results with those of sordo as a good solid support act for lead driver while gaining points for the team, although i agree that its dependent on him keepng the car on the road the right way up... Rolling Eyes
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Rallycol Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:31 pm

Here's hoping Kris is the flavour of the month and gets the nod!

Rallycol

Back to top Go down

Post  agrimes555 Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:34 pm

Reading on finnish websites yesterday latvala is having a few personal family problems. His wife has been playing away from home and their upcoming wedding has been cancelled. Might explain his poor form of late. Although i do hope Kris gets the nod regardless.
agrimes555
agrimes555

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down