Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why no sales?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

why no sales? Empty why no sales?

Post  srsmodels Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:05 pm

Can anyone tell why none of the latest released fiestas Subaru ds3 etc from ixo I have bought in and advertised below rrp haven't made a single sale

I can't put the prices down anymore....am I just waste my time and money?

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

why no sales? Empty Re: why no sales?

Post  newt5550 Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:25 pm

Think it's the current market. Nobody is spending. At NEC at weekend and not alot was selling at all. One dealer i know hadn't took enough to cover his table and that was at 2pm.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  rallymodels.co.uk Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:14 pm

Agree, market place is dead, nothing at all is selling, have a pile of OTTO 6R4's here, and cant move them, let alone new IXO and Trofeu. Still trying to shift previous months IXO's at virtual cost price...... Sad
rallymodels.co.uk
rallymodels.co.uk

http://www.rallymodels.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  srsmodels Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:25 pm

Think I will reduce my pre order lust with wholesalers now

So unless anyone wants anything pre ordering I won't be getting them

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:32 pm

srsmodels wrote:Think I will reduce my pre order lust with wholesalers now

So unless anyone wants anything pre ordering I won't be getting them

think thats the way to go during this turn down we are going through.

Back to top Go down

Post  andreasclio Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:43 am

Ixo cars are not easy to sell, have not sell any off my block, rossi and the New black fiesta, it is more expensiv cars and 1:18 and kit thats sell,

andreasclio

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:52 am

newt5550 wrote:Think it's the current market. Nobody is spending. At NEC at weekend and not alot was selling at all. One dealer i know hadn't took enough to cover his table and that was at 2pm.
I was going to go to the NEC as well Chris - can you recall if I missed any nice Metros down there? Mind you, it might be better if I didn't know the answer to that one.... Crying or Very sad
Cowley
Cowley

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CODE343/414306915273338

Back to top Go down

Post  andreasclio Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:57 am

Norev Nissan pulsar, are very easy to sell, so if same One have left them you Can contact Me, i have only One left in stock off 20 cars

andreasclio

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Cowley wrote:
newt5550 wrote:Think it's the current market. Nobody is spending. At NEC at weekend and not alot was selling at all. One dealer i know hadn't took enough to cover his table and that was at 2pm.
I was going to go to the NEC as well Chris - can you recall if I missed any nice Metros down there? Mind you, it might be better if I didn't know the answer to that one.... Crying or Very sad

Your alright David. Not one 6R4 insight. Was on the lookout just in case.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  David Napier Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:35 pm

does anyone else think that more than just ££ being hard to find that there is just too much stuff coming out? When stuff was more scarce I used to buy stuff I kinda liked, now it really takes something really special to get me to get spending. There is just IMHO way to much stuff, I remember being delighted to get a 6R4 model, now you can chose your event, and with modern WRCs, the selection of events/drivers is just enormous.
I am at heart more of a builder too and am enjoying that side of it all again, I still buy the odd 1/43, and there is some new stuff that I like, picked up a McRae Manx Legacy recently, and an Otto 6R4, other than that its months since I bought anything other than kits.

David Napier

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:03 pm

I am the same now I just buy what I like, but I still sometimes say no to stuff that comes out as I could end up spending for the sake of it.
I havent bought anymore Fabia S2000's in ages and thats because there is more in life I have to spend it one which includes the cost of living now with family

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:28 pm

i really wish i could learn to say NO to irish models/decals! lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:36 pm

Sometimes you have to unless you are flogging Tractors everyday Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Model Motorsport wrote:Sometimes you have to unless you are flogging Tractors everyday Laughing

lol! lol! lol! poor olde farmer paying for mcmurrays habit! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:40 am

A few thoughts

Ebay sellers from Hong Kong advertising brand new Ixo releases at £15 plus post and letting the buyer gamble on getting hit with import duty.

VAT at 20% and currency fluctuations making imports from HK and the USA a viable option for buyers

Lots of manufacturers making the same models. For example Corgi use their Legacy mould to make the Vatanen 1000 Lakes car then Ixo release the same car. Corgi who are well known for dumping/discounting then offer their Legacy at a retail price of £10...Go figure what happens to anyone with the Ixo version in stock.

The WRC not on any sort of mainstream tv and the WRC in general in disarray and no British drivers for the press to get behind hence a general lack of interest in modern rallying amongst Joe Public and buyers

Altaya models being dumped on the UK market at £5 a pop

People like us wanting a bargain! Just look at the Look what I found thread

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  srsmodels Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:59 pm

So where can I find all these Sal?

As they don't seem to be on UK ebay

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:10 pm

http://www.modelzone.co.uk/special-offers/motorart-1-43-citroen-xsara-wrc-loeb-div-2001.html

http://www.modelzone.co.uk/special-offers/special-offers-in-menu/corgi-colin-mcrae-subaru-legacy-2000cc-turbo-group-a-british-rally-champion-1991-92.html

Just a typical example of what I was meaning from the biggest chain in the UK owned by one of the major wholesalers. If an average punter is in the market for a model of a certain car he/she isnt always going to be bothered about the last bit of detail and £5 is always going to appeal more than £25..

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  srsmodels Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:44 pm

Where are the £15 HK Ixo New releases on ebay Sal as searched and all coming at full price

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:05 pm

they appear from time to time Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:23 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/diecastbase/m.html?hash=item4ab96a639a&item=320938337178&pt=Diecast_Vehicles&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2

This guy has recently upped his BIN prices to £19 then lists them at £15 auction

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  GKnight Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:48 pm

Sal wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/diecastbase/m.html?hash=item4ab96a639a&item=320938337178&pt=Diecast_Vehicles&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2

This guy has recently upped his BIN prices to £19 then lists them at £15 auction

I've been getting a lot of stuff from this guy lately. He did a bundle of the Rossi Focus and Block Focus which after postage was just under £45. Hard to ignore at that price

GKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:57 pm

Gary looks like you have answered Steve's question for him...

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  scoobycollection Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:22 pm

David Napier wrote:does anyone else think that more than just ££ being hard to find that there is just too much stuff coming out? When stuff was more scarce I used to buy stuff I kinda liked, now it really takes something really special to get me to get spending. There is just IMHO way to much stuff, I remember being delighted to get a 6R4 model, now you can chose your event, and with modern WRCs, the selection of events/drivers is just enormous.
I am at heart more of a builder too and am enjoying that side of it all again, I still buy the odd 1/43, and there is some new stuff that I like, picked up a McRae Manx Legacy recently, and an Otto 6R4, other than that its months since I bought anything other than kits.

Have to agree David,
I only buy scoobs and even keeping up with them now (cars and decals) is pretty much impossible. Market is pretty flooded now and has come at same time as money is not as plentiful out there. Everyone I think is being more choosy. My own venture at irishrallymodels is also being hit with cancelled orders, etc and I'm sure the other code 3 guys are finding the same. It's very much a case of finding the right car to produce and trying to guage interest before making the dive so to speak. We'll keep plugging on though to see how it goes. Smile Smile Smile

scoobycollection

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:45 pm

scoobycollection wrote:I'm sure the other code 3 guys are finding the same. It's very much a case of finding the right car to produce and trying to guage interest before making the dive so to speak. We'll keep plugging on though to see how it goes. Smile Smile Smile
Finding the right car then someone else plans it is another issue.
I now hold back till I decide like you say will gauge interest.

The rage for Irish stuff went mad for a few years as it showed that the Italians and French got in on it.
Now I think it maybe time for me personally to look away from Irish stuff and do something different

Back to top Go down

Post  scoobycollection Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:03 pm

Finding the right car then someone else plans it is another issue.

Agree, trying to find the unusual or the older cars is the way I'm mostly going or trying to get in first although not always easy.
Trying to sort out some of the european scoobs now. Many of them are much nicer in my opinion than some of the irish cars. Cool Cool Cool

scoobycollection

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum