Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Postage costs

+6
RORY O CONNOR
Beaney
JOB
Cazzo
brian
tom 39
10 posters

Go down

Postage costs Empty Postage costs

Post  tom 39 Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:39 pm

Was wondering has anybody posted any models from south of ireland to england or europe lately!!
Was checking an post website and they are quoting 25 euro registred post to england for a 0.5 kg parcel(2 models)
and 30 euro registred post to europe!! This cannot be right is it?? Any help..
tom 39
tom 39

Back to top Go down

Postage costs Empty Re: Postage costs

Post  brian Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:44 pm

Havnt checked recently, but i was posting a wireless keyboard a few months back, and it was 27e registered to england.

For that kind of money take a look at some couriers. Might cost the same but theres a better chance it will arrive as it should

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazzo Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:52 pm

When I sent 2 1/18 models down to the South it was £22 for registered/insured post, this was a while ago,
I sent a 1/43 model to Cork this morning and it was £9.70 registered/insured post,
The only way I could send it was International Small Packet,

I'm not sure about sending out of the South but the quotes you're getting don't seem too far away,

Cazzo
Cazzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazzo Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:03 pm

Just thinking if you are heading to the North any time soon post it from there, it would only cost £5.25 for up to 1KG Recorded 1st class going to UK,
All you would need to do is put a UK senders address on the box, you could use mine if you were stuck,

Cazzo
Cazzo

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:05 pm

I haven't checked lately but I do know that charges went up on 1 May. All I know is that it cost me 45 euros to send the ten MG's back to Hungary and they would only give me a maximum insured value of 150 euro .

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  tom 39 Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:47 pm

Cazzo wrote:.

Just thinking if you are heading to the North any time soon post it from there, it would only cost £5.25 for up to 1KG Recorded 1st class going to UK,
All you would need to do is put a UK senders address on the box, you could use mine if you were stuck,

Thanks for replys guys. Was thinking of this option as 10 mins from border but why do you need uk senders address??
tom 39
tom 39

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaney Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:49 pm

Personally in my opinion I think your wasting your money sending anything recorded from either north to south or south to north, because once it leaves the border it cant be tracked, different postal service..... (unless your using a courier)

only ever sent a few models to south 1/43 and it wasnt too dear... maybe £6 or £7, nothing big..

it all goes by weight going to the south, so the bigger the box etc, the more its going to be, so try get a tiny box that will fit the model perfect, depending on the size
Beaney
Beaney

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazzo Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:57 pm

tom 39 wrote:
Cazzo wrote:.

Thanks for replys guys. Was thinking of this option as 10 mins from border but why do you need uk senders address??

If the parcel has to be sent back, gets lost or damaged then having a UK senders address would keep you right,
You wouldn't want to give them an excuse not to pay out Wink

Recorded also means that it needs to be signed for at the other end so you know it has been delivered,
I think the insurance is up to about £50 this way, but if the model is worth more then Next Day Special Delivery is only a few pound more but cover's you up to £500,

Cazzo
Cazzo

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:04 am

tom 39 wrote:Was wondering has anybody posted any models from south of ireland to england or europe lately!!
Was checking an post website and they are quoting 25 euro registred post to england for a 0.5 kg parcel(2 models)
and 30 euro registred post to europe!! This cannot be right is it?? Any help..

Typical charges for me have been €10 for two models to UK?Europe-its gets crazy above 1KG
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:22 pm

Just found a porsche 356 in USA for 10 euro but it will cost 88.86 to post. affraid affraid

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:27 pm

JOB wrote:Just found a porsche 356 in USA for 10 euro but it will cost 88.86 to post. affraid affraid

much does ryanair charge to fly to the usa james? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:57 am

Don't want to start a separate thread but this might give some of you a laugh bounce I have taken to buying Rally Cyprus and Rally Acropolis rally programmes on ebay to seek out photos of Rothmans liveried cars. I recently bought one on ebay from someone in Wales. He said it would cost £8 to post it. I queried it before the sale ended and he said it was very heavy with three posters included. It arrived in a brown envelope and it cost him £4.82 in postal charges. I messaged him to say that anything over £5 would warrant negative feedback . He now tells me that he had to pay for petrol to go to the post office cheers

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:20 am

PMSL James, what a knob! lol!

Good job that he didn't have to pay for parking when he got there!
Cowley
Cowley

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CODE343/414306915273338

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:32 am

JOB wrote:Don't want to start a separate thread but this might give some of you a laugh bounce I have taken to buying Rally Cyprus and Rally Acropolis rally programmes on ebay to seek out photos of Rothmans liveried cars. I recently bought one on ebay from someone in Wales. He said it would cost £8 to post it. I queried it before the sale ended and he said it was very heavy with three posters included. It arrived in a brown envelope and it cost him £4.82 in postal charges. I messaged him to say that anything over £5 would warrant negative feedback . He now tells me that he had to pay for petrol to go to the post office cheers

£8 is over the top and is indicative of someone wanting to cover their selling fees however what if the envelope he sent it in cost more than 18p which is quite possible would you have negged him then? The Ebay feedback category is based on post and packing charges however many people just look at the price on the lable and forget about the cost of the packaging.

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:34 am

As per the thread I started last week the Post Office in the UK have just had a massive re-structure of their pricing for parcels and prices are now based on size of parcel as well as weight. For a 1/43rd model the price has now gone up from around £3 to near £6 for the UK and for Europe its even worse as even with a moderate amount of packing around the model its now classed as a medium package.

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:56 am

Sal wrote:
JOB wrote:Don't want to start a separate thread but this might give some of you a laugh bounce I have taken to buying Rally Cyprus and Rally Acropolis rally programmes on ebay to seek out photos of Rothmans liveried cars. I recently bought one on ebay from someone in Wales. He said it would cost £8 to post it. I queried it before the sale ended and he said it was very heavy with three posters included. It arrived in a brown envelope and it cost him £4.82 in postal charges. I messaged him to say that anything over £5 would warrant negative feedback . He now tells me that he had to pay for petrol to go to the post office cheers

£8 is over the top and is indicative of someone wanting to cover their selling fees however what if the envelope he sent it in cost more than 18p which is quite possible would you have negged him then? The Ebay feedback category is based on post and packing charges however many people just look at the price on the lable and forget about the cost of the packaging.

i don't propose to get into a long series of correspondence on this but his attitude is to try to justify a rip off rather than coming out with his hands up. I have so far only advised him that I intended giving negative feedback to get his reaction. With a model there is packaging and wrapping - this guy used the cheapest possible brown envelope -not padded just plain and it just made it to me with frayed edges etc.but the contents were fine.

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:04 am

Deserves a kicking then!

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:01 pm

I sent a message to a seller on ebay a bit ago. The model i wanted was 25euro but postage 50euro. I said it would be more like !0euro to Uk.
He agreed and i paid 35euro over two weeks ago. Still no model Evil or Very Mad
But a far as your guy goes, he is taking the P..........
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down