Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STUART BIGGERSTAFF METRO LURGAN PARK 2012

3 posters

Go down

STUART BIGGERSTAFF METRO LURGAN PARK 2012 Empty STUART BIGGERSTAFF METRO LURGAN PARK 2012

Post  mcm motorsport Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:10 pm

due to a change of plans with mark this is up for grabs, i have all decals pic'd seperatly if anyone wants the challange of making decals/models.
its a lovely car and 1 i would love to add to the biggerstaff shelf,heres the car in question....

STUART BIGGERSTAFF METRO LURGAN PARK 2012 Dscf5708v

STUART BIGGERSTAFF METRO LURGAN PARK 2012 Dscf5821wl

Back to top Go down

STUART BIGGERSTAFF METRO LURGAN PARK 2012 Empty Re: STUART BIGGERSTAFF METRO LURGAN PARK 2012

Post  Simon6R4 Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:33 pm

I could probably do the models, ie the paintwork, but I think the decals would be a bit beyond me.

Would need someone who could get white decals printed, by the looks of it there's a few white ones on there. Vitor interested maybe?

Would be a great model to have done Smile
Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

STUART BIGGERSTAFF METRO LURGAN PARK 2012 Empty Re: STUART BIGGERSTAFF METRO LURGAN PARK 2012

Post  Guest Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:29 pm

I just don't have the time to commit to this or customer work for the foreseable future
I will be selling off some of my models through rally stalls or ebay, but I have to decide whats staying and whats going.
Any models I have here I will either finish or sell off part built

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:33 pm

no prob mark,like i said earlier when we were talking best of luck with your decision's,its not easy choosing sometimes what to do for the best.
pics are being sent to a forum member to see what he thinks but like all biggerstaff cars.....they dont consider the 1/43 men!! Razz alot of decal!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:09 pm

Paul,

I'd be interested in giving this one a go. I do like a challenge!!

I need to redo my Rob Gibson rallycross car for myself. I'd made it up as it was at 2011's Lydden Hill meeting but am going to redo it, incluing a repaint in the correct shade of yellow, as it was when I had a ride around Lydden in it on the 26th August! bounce Will be the only rallycross car in my collection with two seats in it!

Once I've completed Rob's 6R4 (again), I'll be up for the challenge of the Stuart Biggerstaff car. Paul, if you can PM me the pics, so I can see what's involved, I'd be VERY grateful.

Many thanks, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:11 pm

steve,thats great your up for it just a word of warning i have some 75 pics of this car so i think email would be better than pm or i'd have your box filled straight away! lol
pm me your email address please.

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:05 pm

pics all sent steve....phew!!!

well what do you think or are you scared stiff with it! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:26 pm

Hi Paul,

A huge 'thank you' for the pics! Very Happy I was downloading them as quickly as I could at the same time they were coming through. My email system is now 87% full, so didn't crash, which was a bonus, and I managed to get my tea before it went cold, so all good!!

I am amazed at the number of decals, strpies, logos and goodness knows what else has been plastered on the car! Has it slowed down as a result?! Laughing There are some spaces left for more though!!

It looks doable, with a lot of care especially with the white surrounds for some of the decals. Do you know what colour was used for the base red paint, by any chance? Always helps to start with the right paint on the model! Cool

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:34 pm

glad to hear all went well at your side and your not deleting them with fear as quickly as you received them! lol

theres no problem finding out the red,i'll sort that tomorrow for ya.

pm comming your way now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:48 pm

Hey, thanks Paul.

Great stuff! Thanks for getting the paint colour for me too.

I found out the proper colours for Will Gollop's rallycross 6R4 in its blue and red 'Mobil Metro' livery direct from the man himself, last week at Lydden. Turns out the red and blue were chosen to match the red and blue of the Mobil logo! Simple really - except that not having an airbrush, I rely on rattlecans and try to find the nearest match for a road car to source the right colour at Halfords or online.

Thanks again and speak very soon. Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:10 am

Paul,

I've run through the emails you sent me and compared the images with those I've saved on my PC.... and I think I have the lot. Are there any shots of the interior at all, or is it 'standard' fayre?

David 'Cowley' Sims won't be pleased.... the door 'cards' are the same as the main, external body colour! Smile I think this is one case where originality means the matt black door interiors won't be happening this time around!

If you have any shots..... I think my email system can handle some more piccies!! Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:13 am

if it suits stuart tomorrow evening after work i'll run up to his house for a few inside shots for ya Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:36 pm

mcm motorsport wrote:if it suits stuart tomorrow evening after work i'll run up to his house for a few inside shots for ya Wink

Thanks for that, Paul. Hey, I'm delighted to see you're recovering from the accident so quickly and running around already! Good man! bounce Of course, you might not have been speaking literally!! tongue

I appreciate the help, and will ensure my email is ready, willing and able to take on some more pics from you!

Cheers and speak soon, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:42 pm

im waiting on stuart comming home from work and then i'll take a wee spin up (well the wife will drive me up) Very Happy
email later steve.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:24 pm

Email system ready and waiting, Cap'n! Cheers Paul, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:09 pm

Hampton Caught wrote:Email system ready and waiting, Cap'n! Cheers Paul, Steve

you have mail!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:41 pm

No worries, Paul. As and when, as and when. Smile Cheers, Steve Very Happy
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down