Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

solberg off to rallycross

3 posters

Go down

solberg off to rallycross Empty solberg off to rallycross

Post  bmd Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:24 am

maybe a chance of some models for you rallycross boys... a shame that such a talent is lost to rallying though........money yet again....... Sad

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/wrc-solberg-make-rallycross-switch-104919627.html;_ylt=AvhbWrSCg.6dXdTdUOk9tFmtXO5_;_ylu=X3oDMTQ3bWEyNXVrBG1pdANUb3AgU3RvcmllcyBXUkMEcGtnAzNkNDliOTVkLWE0NzAtMzMxNi1hYjY0LWNhNTc5ZGU4YmI0OARwb3MDMQRzZWMDTWVkaWFCTGlzdE1peGVkTFBDQVRlbXAEdmVyAzRmYTBlNWUwLTZiOTUtMTFlMi1iZWVmLTM4YzFhZjM1YmRlMA--;_ylg=X3oDMTFzdHF2b3MxBGludGwDZ2IEbGFuZwNlbi1nYgRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANtb3RvcnNwb3J0fHdyYwRwdANzZWN0aW9ucw--;_ylv=3
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

solberg off to rallycross Empty Re: solberg off to rallycross

Post  Hampton Caught Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:05 am

Billy, is it the money, or is it that with less manufacturers involved with WRC (and with the massive expense, who can justify that these days?) there are far fewer top-line seats left available? scratch

I, for one, am delighted that Petter will be rejoining his rallycoss roots and do so hope that he will grace the rallycross circuits in the UK some time soon. bounce

Having seen Marcus Grönholm (who was born exactly a week after me!) driving at Lydden in August 2011 and admired his amazing car control and 10/10's racing spirit, I think it can only be a good thing for the upper end of the sport to have more rally drivers moving to rallycross. Maybe with Petter racing in Europe, it might encourage more of the rally boys to join in the fun? Hopefully, not at the expense of mainstream rallying, though!

Bring it on, I say! Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  turn the wheel Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:45 pm

Delighted to see him move back to Rallycross and it will be good for Rallycross and everybody involved in it too...

turn the wheel

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:49 pm

steve, donie, totally agree it will be great for fans and for the sport, just annoys me that these anonymous money-bagged spoilt rich kids with very little pedigree, suddenly appear on wrc, and guys like petter cant get a drive...not the first time and not the last, but look at F1 and see the similarity..........except that wrc has so few seats to start with.... Sad
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  turn the wheel Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:03 pm

The reality of it all is that Petter had to pay part of his drive in the last few years otherwise he would be unemployed.......and thats how many drivers are driving and many other talented drivers cant get the funding together so they hit a wall and go no further

turn the wheel

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:26 pm

I agree with you, Billy. Didn't Petter run his own Citroen Xantia for an event or two a few short years go in order to get a drive that year? And yes, the same thing in F1 with seats going to those with money rather than (just) talent!

I won't be surprised if F1 has less seats, less teams than last year with some of the teams dropping out over winter! Not good for the spectacle nor for the sport as a whole. Certainly is a bad time to be an aspring, young racing driver (of whatever forumae you care to mention)?

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down