Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1964 Ford Falcon Monte Carlo Rally

Go down

1964 Ford Falcon Monte Carlo Rally Empty 1964 Ford Falcon Monte Carlo Rally

Post  CDM Tue May 14, 2013 5:57 pm

2013 SIMPLY FORD BEAULIEU MOTOR MUSEUM 5th May

Outside there were no real competition cars. Beaulieu brought out the fabulous Transit Supervan 3 complete with its F1 engine inside the back – what a noise, fantastic.

But then on one of my frequent walk about’s I spotted a Ford Falcon reg no DPB 5B. Hello, I recognise that number plate. There it was just parked up by a tree with absolutely no information about it. I was pretty sure it was an ex – Monte Carlo Rally car from 1964 entered by Alan Mann. So having swapped ideas with Graham Robson we both agreed it was.

Only later did I finally find the owner. Indeed it was an ex-Monte car but only used as a recce car, later used by Bo Lungfeldt on the Rally of the Midnight Sun.

The owner had owned the car since 1977 when he brought with his brother for £1000. They then painted it yellow and went drag racing with it. Apart from a big blower cut into the bonnet they did actually leave all the original parts in place. If they had had the money they might have done much more work. Later they both got married and the car was laid up. Then in recent times they realised what they had and restored it back to its original form. It looked absolutely brilliant and nice but not over the top restoration.

Neo have just done two models from the 1964 Monte Carlo Rally, the Bo Lungfeldt and the Anne Hall cars. They are a bit pricey but both are superb models.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Chris

CDM

Back to top Go down