Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crazy idea for a diorama???? or not

3 posters

Go down

Crazy idea for a diorama???? or not Empty Crazy idea for a diorama???? or not

Post  Speedy Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:05 pm

I know I'll only get encouragement to do this but may as well ask if it's crazy to do or not. After a couple of conversations that I had at a small diecast show of farm machinery and haulage stuff last weekend I was thinking of doing a rally stage diorama...or part of the stage and since I have 2 cars from a particular rally in the cabinet, 1 more to come and decals and base for another to come I reckoned this particular rally would be the best to do. I have a dvd from the event with some incar from the stage in question so should be able to get an idea of it's set up and the layout of the track in the forest is very clear on google maps http://g.co/maps/nvd89, I also have a few pics from the stage as well. The plan would be to have rescue, stage commander, time keepers etc at the start and the marshals and crowds as well as stage hardware along the section of stage. Might need lots of little people to put along the stage https://youtu.be/JrtOmk6xPrk affraid

Crazy idea for a diorama???? or not IMG_6684-vi

The Stage: SS2 Errochty
The Event: Colin McRae Forest Stages 2008

If anyone has any pics from the start area of the stage or knows where I might get some please let me know
Speedy
Speedy

http://www.peespeed.com

Back to top Go down

Crazy idea for a diorama???? or not Empty Re: Crazy idea for a diorama???? or not

Post  mcm motorsport Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:31 pm

that would look class peter!!!!! and no better man for the job!!!!

Back to top Go down

Crazy idea for a diorama???? or not Empty Re: Crazy idea for a diorama???? or not

Post  mcm motorsport Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:32 pm

forest or tarmac stage peter?

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan_C Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:48 pm

Defiantly would be class! There would be some amount of people if you were to recreate that video.
Each stage mile = 34 metres in 1:43 scale roughly. She will be big!
Ryan_C
Ryan_C

Back to top Go down

Post  Speedy Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:08 pm

mcm motorsport wrote:forest or tarmac stage peter?

Forest, I think the name of the rally kinda gives it away Razz lol!

Ryan_C wrote:Defiantly would be class! There would be some amount of people if you were to recreate that video.
Each stage mile = 34 metres in 1:43 scale roughly. She will be big!

It won't be 34 meters thats for sure, might scale it back a bit, was thinking of doing from the start to just after the first hairpin. Gonna need lots of people and trees Laughing
Speedy
Speedy

http://www.peespeed.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:15 pm

whaooo just watched the video.....unreal!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down