Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removing bodies from the chassis of Ixo models

4 posters

Go down

Removing bodies from the chassis of Ixo models Empty Removing bodies from the chassis of Ixo models

Post  Juha Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:23 pm

Can anyone recommend a decent triangular screwdriver to do the above?

I have the screwdriver for the base plate, but it's too big for the bodies themselves and it takes ages using a flathead screwdriver.

The problem never occurred with Altaya 6R4's, it's a matter of seconds for those models.
Juha
Juha

http://www.rallyfoto.be

Back to top Go down

Removing bodies from the chassis of Ixo models Empty Re: Removing bodies from the chassis of Ixo models

Post  Hampton Caught Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:17 am

Hi Juha,

I have an IXO triangular screwdriver and it works fine for both baseplate and body on the 6R4s I've got. I did have one 6R4 whch didn't want to let me detach the body from the chassis no matter how many times I turned the screwdriver. Is that what's happening to you?

I got by it by loosening the screw then gently levering the body off the chassis with a flat-bladed screwdriver.

I haven't had to do this with any other IXO models yet. Yet! I expect the time will come!  Cool 

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Removing bodies from the chassis of Ixo models Empty Re: Removing bodies from the chassis of Ixo models

Post  Juha Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:43 am

The screw doesn't turn at all.

I'm experiencing this with all my Toivonen 6R4's, and some of the white base models too, which is bizarre as I've already removed bodies on those models and never had any issues.
Juha
Juha

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:57 am

juha, have you a dremel?  Question 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:18 am

No. Dad might have one but I never used it...
Juha
Juha

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:03 am

if you have access to it, attach the wee mini-grinder and cut a slot across the top of the screws, to suit a flat-head screwdriver......
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:08 am

i had one of those screw drivers and lost it. so i just took and an angle grinder and ground down an allen key to fit. one end is bigger than the other to fit both screws

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:55 pm

bmd wrote:if you have access to it, attach the wee mini-grinder and cut a slot across the top of the screws, to suit a flat-head screwdriver......
I don't trust myself doing that honestly...

I'll just have to file down the original screwdriver, as Andy from Rallymodels suggested.
Juha
Juha

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:13 pm

An update on this. I couldn't find the right tools for the job, so I gave a 6R4 to a friend who reckoned he could get it sorted. And he did, I now have a triangular screwdriver which perfectly matches Ixo's latest screw.
Juha
Juha

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:18 pm

Glad to hear it's worked out alright for you, Juha.

Now the body is off the chassis, what's the plan after you have removed the front part of the roll cage, which goes without saying, really!?

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:50 pm

A lot of swapping going on. Tarmac wheels for a Clarion 6R4, Belga and a variety of 33 Export, Rothmans and Computervision models.

I'm not sure when I'll get to do that though with the spectating at the Circuit of Ireland, Killarney and 2 rounds of the Belgian Championship, 4 weekends in a row. The only free weekend was this one, but I'll be codriving in an Evo 5.

That being said, anyone know of any Evo 5 base models, preferably red and LHD? I'd prefer to avoid butchering my Mäkinen Evo 5.
Juha
Juha

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:14 pm

Splendid! Sounds like you have your work cut out!!

Let us know how the co-driving goes and pop some pics on if you can.  king 

Cheers and all the very best, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down