Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hello from me

+5
sunbeamsko
Hampton Caught
Ted Creedon
brian
rally143
9 posters

Go down

hello from me Empty hello from me

Post  sunbeamsko Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:30 pm

hi everyone my name is eamon cuskeran and im from northern Ireland.
im into Talbot sunbeams having rallied them for years and owned loads of road cars as well.
i also collect Talbot /Chrysler /Hillman memorabilia but mostly Talbot related gear.

ive started modifying 1/43 Talbot sunbeams rally models and im quite enjoying it to be honest!
I watched as many videos as I could on youtube on how to apply waterslide decals
and bought some decals of ebay and gave it a try and I was pleased with the results.
so the story so far is ive stripped a few models and put on some different decals.
so im hoping to get some advice on some silly questions and start going threw the threads
to see how the profesionals do it.
great forum by the way I followed a link from the rally forum I also use.
thanks eamon
p.s how do I register to open up the full forum?

sunbeamsko

Back to top Go down

hello from me Empty Re: hello from me

Post  bmd Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:39 pm

hi eamon, welcome aboard m8 from fellow ni member, all your questions re conversions will be addressed on here m8, the guys here know their stuff..... Smile go the first thread in general chat if you can and it will give you payment details to subscribe and get full access to all the treads....any probs brian will sort you im sure...

cheers
billy
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  rally143 Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:58 pm

Welcome Eamon! I've had a go with doing a John Coyne Sunbeam, and am please with the results! I converted a model from LHD and changed the wheels as part of the makeover and all worked out ok, for a novice!

Regards, Bobby.

rally143

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:32 pm

Welcome come the forum Eamon. Plenty to look at, enjoy Smile
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:51 pm

Welcome to the forum Eamon. Lots of very knowledgeable people on here from all over Ireland and the UK/further afield. Not only are they knowledgeable, but very happy to help out each other.  

As you know, once you become a full member you have access to far more that you can currently see. To become a member, follow the link below and have a read through the first post. At the end of that post is a paypal button. They link explains it all.

https://www.diecastrallymodels.com/t4723-forum-membership-from-march-1st-2014-payment-button-added

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your collection/builds

Back to top Go down

Post  Ted Creedon Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:10 pm

Welcome Eamon - enjoy your stay.  

Always remember there's no such thing as a silly question (though, a good possibility of some silly answers Laughing ).
Ted Creedon
Ted Creedon

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:34 pm

lol!! ted you're not wrong m8!!! Very Happy
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:48 pm

Welcome Eamon,

Ted has hit the nail on the head with his post. Laughing You will find this forum a very friendly, helpful and supportive place. I know I have.....

It's also a slightly dangerous place to be if you're on a small budget, plenty comea long to purchase if you want.

I am a BL/ Austin Rover/ MGR man myself but have a soft spot for the Sunbeam. Dad and I were watching some racing at Brands Hatch (indy circuit) and the racing school cars at the time were Sunbeam 1.6 Tis, and as a result, and with 'encouragement ' from Petula Clark to 'put a Chrysler Sunbeam in your life' in the TV adverts, Dad bought a Sunbeam himself. His was a 1.0 LS base model in solid white with orangey-beige vinyl seats.

Have a look around and ask questions. It's the best way.

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeamsko Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:30 pm

very big welcome there guys so it shows its a friendly place to be, I will pay the subs and have a good nosey around before I post up some of my efforts and
look forward to having the craic/chat about a common interests.
thanks again....eamon

sunbeamsko

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:52 pm

Welcome aboard!

Do you have any Sunbeams left?

I have two, one has just had a respray and should hopefully be on the road soon, the other is in need of a lot of TLC.
Juha
Juha

http://www.rallyfoto.be

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeamsko Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:49 pm

hi juha,
yes I still have a few sunbeams I still have my 1600 rallycar and I have a road going ti sunbeam and a couple of avenger as well.
currently restoring a 2dr gt which is close to paint. the rallycar hasn't turned a wheel in anger in 10 years and would need a rebuild.
but I don't intend to compete again.
are you a member of the asoc? did you rally the sunbeam or are they road cars?
heres a pic of the road car and picture of the rallycar.

hello from me Sevilleti027_zps659cea48

hello from me Scan0012_zpsvhnnpgtk

sunbeamsko

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:46 am

eamon those are class m8! Smile
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:47 am

Gorgeous ti
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:37 pm

sunbeamsko wrote:hi juha,
yes I still have a few sunbeams I still have my 1600 rallycar and I have a road going ti sunbeam and a couple of avenger as well.
currently restoring a 2dr gt which is close to paint. the rallycar hasn't turned a wheel in anger in 10 years and would need a rebuild.
but I don't intend to compete again.
are you a member of the asoc? did you rally the sunbeam or are they road cars?
heres a pic of the road car and picture of the rallycar.
I am yes! I have a Ti which has been resprayed and is nearly ready. Then there's a Lotus which is in a very sorry state, unsure what will happen with it. Might sell it to Fred Flintstone because the floor is completely gone. Both cars have appeared in the club magazine.
Juha
Juha

http://www.rallyfoto.be

Back to top Go down

Post  turn the wheel Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:35 pm

Welcome SUNBEAMSKO to the forum........lots of good people here.........very helpful............all ready to take all your money..........and more than that..............and you will not collect all the models you would like to have.................on the bright side........your wallett will not weigh you down to one side......much easier on you back that way .........Seriously welcome to the forum.....a great window to whats out there and an insight into what will be there before it hits the For Sale signs....................Donie

turn the wheel

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeamsko Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:02 pm

cheers donie,
ive been scouring threw the forum this past few wks and its really blowing me away the talent that's on here.
also have had some luck with a few of my own questions that I had which were giving me some grief but its all a learning curve!.
................eamon

sunbeamsko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum