Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selling on ebay?

5 posters

Go down

Selling on ebay? Empty Selling on ebay?

Post  Beaney Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Is it worth it? is the fees bad whenever you sell your items? from ebay and paypal? dont really know too much about it as I only buy on it.. never sold stuff.. but im considering selling some off my stuff or trying to sell as there just sitting taking up space.. lol

be appreciated for any info
Beaney
Beaney

Back to top Go down

Selling on ebay? Empty Re: Selling on ebay?

Post  mcm motorsport Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:02 pm

i was always putting stuff on ebay....now never or very very rare....ebay take a listing fee then rob you when ya sell it,then paypal come in for there money! honestly mark if you can sell direct and get paid by gift its far better mate.

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:56 pm

mark, as paul says m8 a cash sale or paypal as a gift is best, but you must choose the personal/gift option as its default setting costs you approx 10%; on top of ebay listing fees (unless they're having a free-listing weekend) plus ebay cut from your sale price, it can take a right bit off your sale....
overall, its a larger market-place so increased chances of a sale..........plus it wouldn't be the first time a seller mysteriously cancels an item, after receiving an offer andd the transaction is done outside ebay/paypal; i'm not advising this, just saying that we all know it goes on.......
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  scoobycollection Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi Mark,
Based on using a free listing you will lose approx 14% of sale value in fees. (10% ebay, 4% paypal).

scoobycollection

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazzo Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:38 pm

If the models you are selling don't sell on here then it's worth listing them on ebay when it's a free listing weekend,
That way if they don't sell it didn't cost you any money,

I just check to see the cheapest model on ebay before listing mine then list mine a few pound cheaper,
I had a few models that sold on Sunday and wasn't long getting up £300 after the fees so it's worth a go,

New money buys new goods.... no point in having models stuck in the back of the wardrobe Wink

Cazzo
Cazzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down