Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you pay for having Aerosols made up

3 posters

Go down

What do you pay for having Aerosols made up Empty What do you pay for having Aerosols made up

Post  Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:12 am

I had an Aerosol made up today for a model I have to finish off and couldn't beleive how much its gone aup as I paid £13.99 for it.

To those that use rattle cans what does it cost you to get yours made up

Back to top Go down

What do you pay for having Aerosols made up Empty Re: What do you pay for having Aerosols made up

Post  Hampton Caught Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi Mark,

I've used Auto Paint in St.Helens (http://auto-paint.co.uk/carpaint/) and found their products to be of very good quality and the cans are 400ml rather than smaller jobbies.

I've been paying about £10-£11 per can, depending on how many I've bought at a time. Buying single cans is more expensive on P&P per can than buying two or three at a time, where the P&P costs go up less in proportion. Single 400ml mixed aerosols are £6.99 but the P&P is about £3-4 on top, with VAT.

I presume your cost includes P&P? In which case, it's a little expensive but not massively outrageous! Hope that helps!

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

What do you pay for having Aerosols made up Empty Re: What do you pay for having Aerosols made up

Post  brian Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Ive only ever got one can made up in halfords. Was a 500ml can of subaru blue. Cost 23e. Pretty damn expensive, but its only a once off.

I wasnt happy with the flat blue on the 1/18 solido subaru, so i resprayed it. Definitely made the model better, however, with all the work i put into it, it might have been cheaper to get a plain blue autoart instead.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:36 pm

300ML can Steve and shop just up the road
I suppose if we want it that bad we have to pay

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:50 pm

Mark,

I agree with you there. I'm not usually in a hurry when it comes to getting hold of paint cans, but that said, The paint shop I've been using have provided a brilliant service. I've ordered and paid for paint online through their website on a Sunday night and received the can/s through the post on Tuesday morning. And that's asking them for unusual paint shades too, such as Triton Green (for a Rover SD1 model) and an unusual yellow for my Rob Gibson 6R4 models.

To me, that does sound like you're paying over the odds there Mark, especially for a 300ml can. Give Auto Paint a try. It's good stuff and 400ml of it too! Cool

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:58 pm

Thanks Steve
Got another to try aswell but like said i can walk up the road and get it as opposed to driving somewhere and using fuel

Back to top Go down

Post  modelrallysport.com Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Special paint is Special price Mark, i pay same as you from Panel Factors here in Carlisle ONLY once have i used Halfords for special paint mix [Subaru] never again they couldnt mix cement!

modelrallysport.com

http://www.modelrallysport.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:04 pm

this place i use are pretty good and like said if we need it they can sort it apart from ssangyong yellow i needed before but couldnt get a code for it

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:41 am

I've not had Halfords mix paints for me, but from my experience of using their off the shelf paints, they're very good. Good coverage and texture. There are pitfalls though, like BL Brooklands Green has several different shades used over the years, so whether off the shelf of being mixed for you, the code is all important.

One last thought, Mark. Ordering online and having the paint delivered in the post doesn't even involve you walking up the road!! Very Happy

Cheers, Steve

Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:06 pm

Have you a link please Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi Mark,

No problem! You can find the website using the address I'd included in my first response to this thread. I don't know why it didn't come through as a hot link, but you could copy and paste it into your browser and go from there. I can't access it again myself with the 'post a reply' screen up, otherwise I'd paste it in here again for you.

If all else fails, you can Google 'Auto Pain St Helens'. Hope you can find it OK and they come up trumps. What's very useful is you can provide them with the paint code etc etc but can also attach an image of the colour you're wanting them to mix for you as well.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down