Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Postal Service

4 posters

Go down

Postal Service Empty Postal Service

Post  brian Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:18 pm

Normally threads on here about the postal service are complaints etc, but id like to post a thread about them positively for once.

I bought some models from a guy in france (kind of regreting it ever since as ive no idea what to do with them, but they were cheap). Anyway, i was expecting the models last friday or monday and they didnt show up. Got a call from a parcel office in Dublin saying they had my parcel but there was a problem. The seller had put my address on it, but had left out the city 'Waterford'. So they didnt know where to send it to. So rather than just returning it to the sender, the guy from the post office rang me (twice as i couldnt pick up the first time because i was in work) to say that the package was there, and that it was missing the city and where should they send it.

Now i dont know if thats his job or whatever but it was nice to see that the post office still care that their packages get delivered. They could have taken the easy option and sent it back to the seller. Ive worked in customer care for a mobile company in the past, and on the first day we were told that people might remember an excellent service, the wont remember a good service, but you can be damn sure they will remember a bad service.

So id like to thank that guy in the post office who contacted me to ensure i got my package. I know he will never see this, but what goes around comes around. I just hope its all in one piece when i collect it tomorrow, although if its not, then thats strike 2 with that seller

Back to top Go down

Postal Service Empty Re: Postal Service

Post  newt5550 Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:34 pm

Very Happy Wink
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:20 pm

nice story re postal service.

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:57 am

yep, and just to add to brians satisfaction, a set of decals arrived with me wednesday from him, very sharp delivery from the south and in perfect nick, unlike a set from fergal a while back which went missing along the way somewhere.i wonder if someone on the forum works for postal servcie either side of the border and fancied a code 3 himself! lol!!
anyway, cheers brian, and nice to hear when a service goes beyond the call of duty.............
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down