Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MG Metro 6R4 30th Anniversary

3 posters

Go down

MG Metro 6R4 30th Anniversary Empty MG Metro 6R4 30th Anniversary

Post  Hampton Caught Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:46 pm

Dear All, I was wondering if you guys know what plans there may be to celebrate the 30th anniversary of our favourite super-Metro? I know there has been some banter along these lines on here and as a result, some of us are already working on plans for models to celebrate this wonderful rally (and rallycross) car in 1/43 scale.

The reason for the question is that last Sunday, I was in Coventry at the Transport Museum for a meeting and AGM of the Metro Owners Club. No laughing, any of you! Evil or Very Mad I attended in my beautiful gold-coloured 1983 Metro Vanden Plas and 1/43 scale version of my car!

I asked the Club if we could support some of the 6R4 birthday events with a club display, which got a lot of support. So, I would appreciate a heads up on events in 2014 where there will be a 6R4 birthday theme of any type. If you could include the name and date (or dates) of the event, who is organising it (i.e. who the MOC can contact to ask about a display area) and whereabouts in the UK the event will take place, that would be excellent.

Many thanks in advance, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

MG Metro 6R4 30th Anniversary Empty Re: MG Metro 6R4 30th Anniversary

Post  Zeus Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:54 pm

Race retro display, Mr Sims & myself are using Chris Derbyshire's display cases to atleast have something in model form.
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Zeus wrote:Race retro display, Mr Sims & myself are using Chris Derbyshire's display cases to at east have something in model form.

Thanks Zeus. That is the event I alluded to in my first post, but didn't have the details to hand. There wil be some concerted 6R4 -related model making going on by me in preparation for the event. Cool

Have the date and location of Race Retro been confirmed?

Does anyone know of any other 6R4 birthday parties for 2013? If so, please post them so we have a list in one place. Many thanks, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  CDM Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:35 pm

Steve

We havent got RR2013 out of the way yet!!!

RR 2013 is on 22 - 24 February at the Royal Showground Stoneleigh, near Warwick. Check out their website www.raceretro.com

There is no date clash with the Sunseeker Rally as it has moved its date to October 19th in 2013. In recent years they have had a 6R4 gathering in Somerley Park.

I would gues that RR 2014 will be around the same sort of date ie 21 - 23 Feb?

Cheers
Chris

CDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:51 pm

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info and the link to the website. I think I'll have to make it a favourite on my browser!! Cool

Stoneliegh's a good venue, and is accessible to a large proportion of the mainland population (sorry you guys from Ireland! Shocked ) so that sounds promising. Thanks again, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down