Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More E.bay troubles.

4 posters

Go down

More E.bay troubles. Empty More E.bay troubles.

Post  GMR..Models Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:14 pm

Lads..Few weeks ago i bought an ALPS 5500 and this wasnt cheap as you know.. Well it cost me $1090 and post $99 from HongKong.. Dispite the printer laying 2weeks no more than 2 miles from my home waiting on customs charges of a further £58 some odds and had noone contact me in reference. I decided to chase this up and understandibly paid the duty..Anyways printer arrives so as what i think happy days.. No bloody driver which was advertised with the printer..I contact seller who kindly emailed me the driver..however this didnt work so i download a driver from alps site.. Here and behold this failed also.At this point noticed error button flashing on printer..So i got advice and turns out printer is faulty..I contacted the seller and he pleads with me not to open case (something fishey i think) so went ahead and opened case because only had 1 more day to do so..then would be my problem..Loooong story short..seller agrees to refund on condition i returned item at my expense baring in mind the printer is faulty..i agree with seller off the record so (not agreed through the case) I take item to post office and they wanted £160 post Shocked Am i really liable for this return post..I have checked the Distance selling regulations and it says that im not liable unless we both had contracts saying that we agree to return post terms and also he has this wrote in sales advert..which he hadnt.. Ebay told me to try work it out with seller..
Anyone know the ins and outs of this ?????
GMR..Models
GMR..Models

http://www.gmrmodels.co.uk

Back to top Go down

More E.bay troubles. Empty Re: More E.bay troubles.

Post  brian Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:11 pm

For once ebay should work in your favour. Its up to the seller to make sure the item is as described. If the listing said it was damaged and needed repair then thats one thing. If he didnt say anything about it, then its not as described and its up to ebay and paypal to sort it out. Its the sellers fault for sending a faulty printer, he should take the hit regarding postage.

Back to top Go down

Post  GMR..Models Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:16 pm

Thanks Brian..This was exactly my thoughts too. Anybody else in agreement ?
GMR..Models
GMR..Models

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:32 pm

Totally what Brian said Gary. Go through ebay therefore they will hold the money until resolved and back with you.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  GMR..Models Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:37 pm

newt5550 wrote:Totally what Brian said Gary. Go through ebay therefore they will hold the money until resolved and back with you.
cheers Chris...the seller has agreed refund..but the problem is the return postage cost of a shocking £160..
GMR..Models
GMR..Models

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:41 pm

I would contact Ebay and explain the situaition but i think you might loose the postage back unless the seller agree's to pay up. Plus does he want negative feedback. Good luck m8.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  GMR..Models Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:47 pm

newt5550 wrote:I would contact Ebay and explain the situaition but i think you might loose the postage back unless the seller agree's to pay up. Plus does he want negative feedback. Good luck m8.
lol..yes phoned ebay they told me to badger him for return post..Its law that he has to apparently according to Distance selling regulation..plus surely he sold me a faulty printer.his end should suffer ???
GMR..Models
GMR..Models

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Lowe Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:23 pm

Ebay have the rights to make him pay the postage and can take it out of his account to cover you
Push on with it Gary
Mark Lowe
Mark Lowe

Back to top Go down

Post  GMR..Models Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:50 pm

Mark Lowe wrote:Ebay have the rights to make him pay the postage and can take it out of his account to cover you
Push on with it Gary
cheers Mark..Thought that ok..Cant afford to take this loss..Biggest dissapointment is cant print white for another while lol..
GMR..Models
GMR..Models

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum