Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice display cabinets?

5 posters

Go down

Nice display cabinets? Empty Nice display cabinets?

Post  Beaney Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:12 am

Ikea cabinets do the trick... but does anyone have any ones that are in a room, but not a "model room" if u get me?
if so post up pictures! my wee room might be coming to an end.... so
Beaney
Beaney

Back to top Go down

Nice display cabinets? Empty Re: Nice display cabinets?

Post  Speedy Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:26 am

this is my Ikea cabinet, with Ikea lights

Nice display cabinets? IMG_0489-vi
Speedy
Speedy

http://www.peespeed.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mconboy Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:06 am

I have two cabinets. One is built into sitting room. The one in my picture I bought flat pack of a company that makes kitchens. It is 5mts long. They were glad to do deal. Just another option..
mconboy
mconboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:01 pm

I'm VERY pleased with my two display cabinets from Picture Pride: http://www.picture-pride-displays.co.uk/index.php

The two cabinets are identical: 800 x 700 internal widths, 12 shelves (11 of which are glass) and I specified mirrored backings, so I can see all around each of the cars). They're finished in a medium oak wood (real wood!!) and are dust-proof, which for me was very important. The cabinets were supplied fully assembled and each of the shelves had a clear plastic support to be placed in the centre in case the weight of the models caused the glass shelves to bow - which they didn't.

There are cheaper options around, but I didn't want my collection to be let down with a compromised cabinet. I certainly didn't want to have to clean and dust all 200+ of them at regular intervals. affraid

I was able to collect the cabinets (saving lots on P&P) when Picture Pride were displaying at a toy fair at Sandown Park racecourse, which is just up the road from me. Cool

Excellent display cabinets, very configurable to your needs and I'd recommend them highly. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for! Hope that's useful. Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaney Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:24 am

Cheers lads

I'm basically looking a cornor cabinet for the living room. Got a bit off news there lol
Beaney
Beaney

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:21 am

I have a wall cabinet which i bought from Toyman Display Cabinets but my big free standing one is from Argos. Cost £200 but it's big, will hold 1/18 no probs (6 across) and give you that option of keeping them in boxes or not.

Question Mark. Why do you have to move them out of your room. Are we making a nursery so soon? Laughing
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down