Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IXO are spoiling the Metro 6R4 collectors... ...AGAIN!

+2
Zeus
Cowley
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

IXO are spoiling the Metro 6R4 collectors...  ...AGAIN! - Page 2 Empty Re: IXO are spoiling the Metro 6R4 collectors... ...AGAIN!

Post  Hampton Caught Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:01 pm

Been a long time coming as an original IXO release too! I've been waiting for one since 2010 and have ordered one this lunchtime! Hurrah! Very Happy 

I've got a set of Vitor's decals which I haven't used yet, so will have to do some thinking before letting loose with them, perhaps using a second car as a base model and "Code 3'ing" it with Vitor's decals of delight! Cool 

Cheers and enjoy (I know I will!), Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

IXO are spoiling the Metro 6R4 collectors...  ...AGAIN! - Page 2 Empty Re: IXO are spoiling the Metro 6R4 collectors... ...AGAIN!

Post  Cowley Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:00 pm

I received my RAC116.13 Teesdale 86 RAC Rally model this morning, and it is a really nice addition to the collection - especially alongside Vitor's 86 New Zealand Rally version! Wink 

I have looked at it closely, and it appears that the roof, rear arches, door pods, front spoiler 'pigs ears', and front bumper corners are all sprayed red, whereas the front wheel arches down to where they meet the front bumper, are decalled. Other decals appear to be : Lombard (roof & doors), Shell Oils (bonnet humps & rear arches), Lombard RAC event plates (bonnet & rear window), red block (bonnet), crew names (front wings), etc... The graphics on both front and rear spoilers appear to be completely tampo - as per previous models.

Front mudflaps are also a nice addition for this model, as I do not recall seeing them on any previous IXO model?

I'll get some photos of my own version uploaded over the weekend, but in the meantime, I'll just repeat this from Post #1...

IXO are spoiling the Metro 6R4 collectors...  ...AGAIN! - Page 2 RAC11613750_zps05297220

Last edited by Cowley on Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cowley
Cowley

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CODE343/414306915273338

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:16 pm

Nice one David! cheers  Hoping mine is waiting for me when I get home. bounce 

Oh boy!! Another great 6R4 model sunny  , and a little less space between them in my display cabinet! Rolling Eyes 

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:05 pm

Would be interrsted to know what you paid - no plans to buy one but
German sites are selling for eur32.95, grandprixmodels (always top end/rrp) are selling for £39.99 - which was the supposed "new" IXO standard price. Is it only us poor Brits who get the pain of the IXO price hike?
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  apsrallymodels Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:35 pm

With Trofeu 8 spoke subaru wheels added

Zeus wrote:This could be a possibility

IXO are spoiling the Metro 6R4 collectors...  ...AGAIN! - Page 2 Riponian_stages_rally_2008_0114
apsrallymodels
apsrallymodels

http://www.apsrallymodels.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:28 am

Hampton Caught wrote:Nice one David!  cheers   Hoping mine is waiting for me when I get home.  bounce
Was it Steve, and what do you think, or will you have to wait for another day? Rolling Eyes 
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:31 am

reeft1 wrote:Would be interrsted to know what you paid...
Well, that's between me, the seller and Paypal, Paul! Wink 

Put it this way, there's certainly better offers out there but I had a certain allegiance to the seller as he's been good to me, so I felt duty bound to give him my custom in return! See, I'm a good, honest, decent and loyal person after all! Rolling Eyes 
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:32 am

apsrallymodels wrote:With Trofeu 8 spoke subaru wheels added

Zeus wrote:This could be a possibility

IXO are spoiling the Metro 6R4 collectors...  ...AGAIN! - Page 2 Riponian_stages_rally_2008_0114
...and a close-matching rattlecan! Wink 
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:41 am

Understood Dave.
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:31 pm

Cowley wrote:
Hampton Caught wrote:Nice one David!  cheers   Hoping mine is waiting for me when I get home.  bounce
Was it Steve, and what do you think, or will you have to wait for another day? Rolling Eyes 
Doh! No, there was a small cardboard box but it had come from Holland, not GPL, who did me a VERY good deal! The contens were a rather special Austin A35, not the 6R4. Maybe tonight!

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:07 pm

Very Happy  Pleased to say there was a larger cardboard box waiting for me this evening. Very Happy 

The model is very good. Lots of lovely detail, though the ENGINE REBUILDERS decals don't line up very well down the sides. Maybe the car was like that originally? Ermmmmmmm? scratch  Would be odd if it was!

The door mirrors are very good - Clubman/ road car stylie, rather than the more usual International style, which is common on models but increasingly rare on the full size cars! geek Would be neat to get a large supply of the door mirrors, perhaps as a bulk buy through the forum. I'd be up for ten pairs straight off! Smile  Does anyone have a contact in IXO-land?

The only slight disappopintment, apart form the flank decals, was that I couldn't get the body off the chassis to remove the superfluous A frame roll cage plastic. The triangulated screw turned but didn't let go, and now turns pathetically, doing diddly-squat (apart from windng me up! Mad  ). Not to worry!!

Hope you guys ejoys yours when you get one.

Cheers, Steve

Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:39 pm

Glad it arrived Steve. Wink 

The 'Engine Rebuilders' logo down the nearside is fine on mine, although there is a vertical gap where it splits across the panel line between the door pod / rear wheel arch, but my 'Repco Engine Parts' logo down the offside is out of vertical alignment! Neutral 

Still nice to have another addition to the collection though.
Cowley
Cowley

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi David,

I always put a gap in the decals between the door pod and wing, as that's what happened on the cars themselves. Some careful cutting of decals is needed, but I've managed a better job than our Teesdale cars have had with theirs! Oh well, not the end of the world!!

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeus Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:35 pm

Remove decals, put Vitors in place?
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:08 pm

Zeus wrote:Remove decals, put Vitors in place?
Dave, I was thinking along the same lines.. so long as I can get another IXO for a reasonable price that has the decals lining up properly. Very Happy  Oh dear, not another 6R4!? Cool 

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2