Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess the auction price. Toivonen's 85 RAC Rally winning Delta S4 for sale at Sotheby's in October

4 posters

Go down

Guess the auction price. Toivonen's 85 RAC Rally winning Delta S4 for sale at Sotheby's in October Empty Guess the auction price. Toivonen's 85 RAC Rally winning Delta S4 for sale at Sotheby's in October

Post  Sal the 2nd Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:42 am

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/lf19 ... lly/807286

For a bit of fun I though it might be an idea to see if anyone wants to guess at what price the hammer will drop on this iconic piece of rallying history.

The car in question is Henri Toivonen's RAC Rally winning Lancia Delta S4 in which the late Finn scored the car's maiden World Championship win. Hope that whoever wins allows the car out for display runs but common sense tells me it will be in a warehouse somewhere shortly after.

My guess is £1.75 million and will be placing a bid if tonight's 6 number come up..
Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Guess the auction price. Toivonen's 85 RAC Rally winning Delta S4 for sale at Sotheby's in October Empty Re: Guess the auction price. Toivonen's 85 RAC Rally winning Delta S4 for sale at Sotheby's in October

Post  reeft1 Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:19 pm

I was going to bid on that. Please don’t bid against me....
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Guess the auction price. Toivonen's 85 RAC Rally winning Delta S4 for sale at Sotheby's in October Empty Re: Guess the auction price. Toivonen's 85 RAC Rally winning Delta S4 for sale at Sotheby's in October

Post  bmd Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:18 pm

writing a letter to santa as we speak, not sure if he would agree to deliver one pressie a bit early this year.... santa
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  David Napier Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:34 pm

£764,375, when you think what this buys in Supercars etc I think it was reasonable value!

David Napier

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:45 am

I agree David
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:42 am

so was it a forum member that got it? Question Question Question Question Question Question
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down