Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Herve Laurent

4 posters

Go down

Herve Laurent Empty Herve Laurent

Post  JOB Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:28 pm

Some on here are also on Facebook and so may be familiar with Herve Laurent who took to doing a bunch of Irish decals last year. On 8 July 2020 he had Roy Whites Fiesta drawn and went as far as posting a photo of the full set of decals on facebook. I have tried contacting him on Facebook to get some but he isn't responded to messages.

If anyone knows him is the guy OK ?
Anyone dealt with him lately?
Anyone got a spare set or maybe two of the Roy White Fiesta WRC Clare 2020 decals they are willing to sell ?

Thanks
James

JOB

Back to top Go down

Herve Laurent Empty Re: Herve Laurent

Post  bmd Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:13 pm

james i dealt with him lately yeah but to be honest i wont be doing so again...not impressed...
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:05 pm

bmd wrote:james i dealt with him lately yeah but to be honest i wont be doing so again...not impressed...

Issues with him or with the quality of the decals ?

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:58 am

decals originally, several missing and others poorly scaled...when i told him, he resolved to sort it the missing ones....still waiting.. i was able to make up my own and work around the misfitting ones....the actual decals themselves were of good material quality though to be honest...the issues were probabaly not of his own making, he sid he was working from pix supplied, hence missing ones, plus the scaling problem is common when working from 43 originals and trying to upscale them, instead of making them from scratch to suit a 1:18 base... guess i found it a bit more annoying because of the cost of two sets of decals ,,,both 18's, not cheap so for the price i expected them to be right, and i expected a better service re the issues.
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Tumbo Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:09 am

I've seen the V10 WRC he did. Would be nice if he'd done the original car you ran James
Dr Tumbo
Dr Tumbo

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:49 am

bmd wrote:decals originally, several missing and others poorly scaled...when i told him, he resolved to sort it the missing ones....still waiting.. i was able to make up my own and work around the misfitting ones....the actual decals themselves were of good material quality though to be honest...the issues were probabaly not of his own making, he sid he was working from pix supplied, hence missing ones, plus the scaling problem is common when working from 43 originals and trying to upscale them, instead of making them from scratch to suit a 1:18 base... guess i found it a bit more annoying because of the cost of two sets of decals ,,,both 18's, not cheap so for the price i expected them to be right, and i expected a better service re the issues.
That’s disappointing . An aside - your pic of the McKinstry Legacy Reminds me that I looked at getting it done a number of years back. I spoke with Kenny who put me in contact with the sign writer and they told me the decals were not designed on a computer. So whoever would do the decals would have to draw them from scratch. Hence my surprise when I saw that Herve had done them .

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:05 pm

Dr Tumbo wrote:I've seen the V10 WRC he did. Would be nice if he'd done the original car you ran James
. Same thought crossed my mind

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Tumbo Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:23 pm

If you convince him/have the pictures. He has sized many of the required for an AA. I'm there to buy a set also!
Dr Tumbo
Dr Tumbo

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:37 am

yeah james ive no doubt there was some work in designing them.. and they would potentially be excellent as colours and material were grand, just the sizing was so far off it made the conversion more work than it should ve been when youre paying so much for the sheet...
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:38 am

In the interest of balance and fairness I have just received the decals from Herve Laurent. Look excellent .

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:03 pm

nice one james, i presume theyre 43? my issue was down to fact that he simply upscaled 18 from 43 originals which always creates size issues... glad you got sorted and are happy mate
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:03 pm

error

Last edited by bmd on Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
bmd
bmd

JOB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Tumbo Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:57 pm

It's blowing up on one of the rally model FB groups that Herve has been a naughty boy. Not sending models. Lying about sending models. Lot of anger and calls of scammer 😪
Dr Tumbo
Dr Tumbo

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:46 pm

Hes been blocked off most of the groups now for not sending models. Lots of different people also mentioning when the did get models they were very poorly built.

Hope no one on the forum got caught out

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum