Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member saying hello

5 posters

Go down

New member saying hello Empty New member saying hello

Post  puddlejumper Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:11 pm

Hi

I just found this site last night. I used to build 1/24 scale rally cars back in the ninety's, built a Bertie Fisher Legacy using a 1/24 Hasegawa base, before moving on to slot cars and then full size cars, but as the wife is now implementing the " the one car in, one car out" policy and my secret toybox is full, i though i might go back to scale models to get my automotive fix.

I bought a pair on 1/18 DNA models of 2 of the cars in my collection, and when they arrived i was surprised at the quality and detail. Unfortunately when on the auction site i checked what other models were available.  Now there is a growing stack of boxes hidden at work, trying to figure out where/what to do with them.

Anyways, i'm planning to do some minor conversions and hopefully 1 day a full code 3 (I think that is what they are called) conversion.

I spent my youth travelling the length of the country following the Irish national and international  rally championship, so i have loads of photos from "back in the day" (90-94'ish)

puddlejumper

Back to top Go down

New member saying hello Empty Re: New member saying hello

Post  brian Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:08 pm

Welcome aboard!!

Always great to see a new collector.
90s rallying in Ireland is my personal favorite period of rallying so looking forward seeing somenof your creations

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:52 am

welcome aboard mate, youl'll find no end of encouragement on this site to feed your passion, and empty your wallet lol!! have a gander through some of the collection threads, the guys on here have carried out some impressive conversions and amassed serious collections...
enjoy!
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  puddlejumper Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:29 pm

brian wrote:Welcome aboard!!

Always great to see a new collector.
90s rallying in Ireland is my personal favorite period of rallying so looking forward seeing somenof your creations

Thank you for the welcome. Yes the 90's rally scene in Ireland was brilliant. I still have my photos somewhere and the RPM episodes on video (can you still play a video?)

Regards
stephen

puddlejumper

Back to top Go down

Post  puddlejumper Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:33 pm

bmd wrote:welcome aboard mate, youl'll find no end of encouragement on this site to feed your passion, and empty your wallet lol!! have a gander through some of the collection threads,  the guys on here have carried out some impressive conversions and amassed serious collections...
enjoy!

Thank you. Yes emptying your wallet has hit hard. Yesterday the postman dropped off 3 Rothmans car,s and today there was an email saying i had just won a second Transit service van, looks like i'll soon be needing to up my overdraft

Looks like collecting these is just going to be as expensive as collecting full size cars (storage will be cheaper though)

Regards
Stephen

puddlejumper

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:25 pm

Stephen,
Not only are you welcome but your store of photos are as well !!!
We might be back raiding them too 1

Enjoy
James

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:35 pm

Welcome to the forum - a very relaxed and informative group on here.
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  puddlejumper Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:47 pm

JOB wrote:Stephen,  
Not only are you welcome but your store of photos are as well !!!
We might be back raiding them too 1

Enjoy
James

Thank you for the welcome. Yes i'll have to dig them out. Moved country and 2 house moves, but i still have them somewhere.

Regards
Stephen

puddlejumper

Back to top Go down

Post  puddlejumper Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:48 pm

reeft1 wrote:Welcome to the forum - a very relaxed and informative group on here.

Thank you for the welcome

puddlejumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down