Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After market decal suppliers

5 posters

Go down

After market decal suppliers Empty After market decal suppliers

Post  puddlejumper Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:59 pm

I have been looking on a popular auction site at some of the aftermarket decal suppliers and i have found a few suppliers, but i have no knowledge of whether the decals would be any good/accurate or fit for purpose.

Who are the recommended suppliers of 1/18 scale decals, not worried about them being precut.

Many thanks

puddlejumper

Back to top Go down

After market decal suppliers Empty Re: After market decal suppliers

Post  reeft1 Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:07 pm

Personally, i would bd very cautious about buying from a number of the Spanish decal companies - they aren’t professionally printed and sometimes they are inaccurate. That being said they make decals others don’t but i think they are overpriced for what they are.
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:02 am

as paul said, some of the spanish guys are a bit lower quality, but may be a good starting point...ive never had a problem with rally miniatures decals though i think they mostly do 43's....

you will be limited if its 1:18 youre concentrating on, but a few of us do collect/convert them, and for commercial 1;18 ive found ffmc decals top quality.. theyre arent too many professional producer of 18's... you may well end up making your own... i know several of the members on here including me, started off not having a clue and scared to lift the nail varnish remover, but now think nothing of taking an Otto apart or taking a saw to the front of a Solido 205 lol!! Shocked Very Happy
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:12 am

I think there is only one Spanish guy who might have several eBay profiles flogging decals. They are typically miscoloured, missing logos and printed on white deals paper. There are a lot of good stuff too but you need to be careful who you deal with. Carlo in Italy is excellent but the decals are tricky to work with-very sticky. Reji has some stuff in 1/43 -Snijers 88 Manx M3 being one set
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:11 pm

Spotmodel in Spain have a print facility which i believe a lot of the builders are using. While i have gotten stuff printed from there, ive yet to apply them to a model. But the colours are really good looking.

Back to top Go down

Post  puddlejumper Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:13 pm

bmd wrote:as paul said, some of the spanish guys are a bit lower quality, but may be a good starting point...ive never had a problem with rally miniatures decals though i think they mostly do 43's....

you will be limited if its 1:18 youre concentrating on, but a few of us do collect/convert them, and for commercial 1;18 ive found ffmc decals top quality.. theyre arent too many professional producer of 18's... you may well end up making your own... i know several of the members on here including me,  started off not having a clue and scared to lift the  nail varnish remover, but now think nothing of taking an Otto apart or taking a saw to the front of a Solido 205 lol!!  Shocked  Very Happy

Thank you for the reply. Yes i'm planning to stick to 1/18th. The option of making my own sounds very interesting. I have a £20 Solido 206WRC to start/practice on (baby steps first). just replacing the Go??????? with some Gauloises decals.

Someday in the distant future i'll have to take the dremmel to my DNA Saab, going to be a "squeeky bum" moment

Regards
Stephen

puddlejumper

Back to top Go down

Post  puddlejumper Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:18 pm

RORY O CONNOR wrote:I think there is only one Spanish guy who might have several eBay profiles flogging decals. They are typically miscoloured, missing logos and printed on white deals paper.  There are a lot of good stuff too but you need to be careful who you deal with. Carlo in Italy is excellent but the decals are tricky to work with-very sticky.  Reji has some stuff in 1/43 -Snijers 88 Manx M3 being one set

Thank you for the heads up re the Spanish decals being printed on white base sheets, i'll give them a miss. Does Carlo have a website or facebook page?

Regards
Stephen

puddlejumper

Back to top Go down

Post  puddlejumper Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:24 pm

brian wrote:Spotmodel in Spain have a print facility which i believe a lot of the builders are using. While i have gotten stuff printed from there, ive yet to apply them to a model. But the colours are really good looking.

Thank you. I have just had a look at the printlab section, it sounds very interesting.

Regards
stephen

puddlejumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down