Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebay/Paypal RANT------AGAIN !

+3
srsmodels
Hampton Caught
modelrallysport.com
7 posters

Go down

Ebay/Paypal RANT------AGAIN ! Empty Ebay/Paypal RANT------AGAIN !

Post  modelrallysport.com Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:26 pm

I think you guys on here no my concerns and dislike of Ebay/Paypal but we use them at times i had an interesting situation tonight when i transfered a small amount from my Paypal account into my bank account [NEVER NEVER LEAVE MONEY IN YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT EVER] when i pressed the button to transfere the money i got a message saying----------Due to security reasons the transfere would not take place for 24Hrs----------so i cancelled and started again and guess what--------this time it went through------------these people are just like banks and "deal in murky waters"---watch them guys

modelrallysport.com

http://www.modelrallysport.com

Back to top Go down

Ebay/Paypal RANT------AGAIN ! Empty Re: Ebay/Paypal RANT------AGAIN !

Post  Hampton Caught Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:57 pm

MMmm! Have had an interesting situation with messrs Paypal myself recently.

I needed to raise my tranfer limit verify and thus my account so followed the steps and finally, when their two small deposits showed up with my bank (which took 5 days, not the 2-3 they tell you) I got myself verified. Fine so far, but in the process, they lost the link to my credit cards (eh, how did that happen?!) and am left with a situation where money tranfers are going through as e-Cheques, whatever they are!

This means that money is taking about a week, I believe, between leaving my current account and arriving with the people I've purchased from. What a faff! And I need to 'verify' my credit card again, which as I refuse to do online banking (out of principle), is a headache to do by phone in the working week! Rolling Eyes

Yours frustratedly, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  srsmodels Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:51 am

What is the point in selling on eBay

I sold a Greer evo 9 for 57.50

There was 5.75 off for final value fee the also 98p now for postage final value fee which must be a new way of robbing people

Then the PayPal fee

Pure robbery

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:42 am

i sold just a few models last month on ebay (6-8models) when i got the ebay fee and paypal fee i losted £86.43 from my total!!!!
robbing scum!!!!!!Mad Mad 

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:25 pm

Thing is where else are you going to sell stuff and get potentially the sort of good money for it that Ebay sometimes allows you to? They know hence they can get away with it!

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:29 pm

As someone who has bought far too much on ebay in the past I am still stumped by the "Buy it now" items. Firstly sellers do not seem to appreciate that "buy it now" actually means "pay for it now"- if you don't pay for it immediately then it stays on the market. So I am now and have been in the past in a situation where I want to purchase multiple items from the same seller some of which I "won" and others on "Buy it Now". Sellers have quoted me combined prices ( particularly when it comes to shipping/postage) but cannot tell me how to finish the transaction. Has anyone come up with a solution ?

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  Rallycol Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:46 pm

Can you request a final invoice from the seller which should reflect the agreed discounted combined postage etc on top of all of what you purchased?

Either that or the Seller can adjust the total postage costs! ie if you bought multiple items separately the postage costs will be sitting at say £50, the seller can reduce the costs on the final invoice by subtracting the final discount

Hope that works

Rallycol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down