Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British Rallycross Croft 27th/28th October

+3
Cardy
Mark Lowe
Sal
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

British Rallycross Croft 27th/28th October - Page 2 Empty Rallycross on the TV: Wed am Channel 4, very early!

Post  Hampton Caught Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi Chris,

Feeling for you as you go through this difficult time. I can understand that, given the 'excitement' at home, the thought of standing at a windswept Croft watching the rallycross would take a back burner. Crying or Very sad

Thanks for posting the rallycross report. Was wondering what had happened at the weekend but haven't been near a computer much for several days. Rolling Eyes I'm pleased for Julian; a worthy champion and all round nice guy. Smile .

In case you hadn't seen it, the previous round at Pembrey, which I spectated at in early October, is being broadcast tomorrow morning on Channel 4, around 3.30am ish. Set your recorders! Godfrey and Doran (senior) had a right old ding-dong throughout the day which set the championship up for it's croft finale very nicely, as we now know.

Hope things settle down for you quickly, Chris, and you're able to find some employment that suits you in every sense.

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

British Rallycross Croft 27th/28th October - Page 2 Empty Re: British Rallycross Croft 27th/28th October

Post  Sal Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:24 pm

Thanks Steve. What doesnt kill you makes you stronger and all that!

http://www.rallycrossworld.com/2012/10/28/british-rallycross-grand-prix/

Another report and some pics from Sunday

Great news about next years European Championship with the first round being at Lydden and a return to Mondello Park in August

Sal

Back to top Go down

British Rallycross Croft 27th/28th October - Page 2 Empty Re: British Rallycross Croft 27th/28th October

Post  Hampton Caught Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi Chris,

Thanks very much for the RX link and the photos, which give a very god idea of how slippery the conditions were for the competitors. It's one of the many reasons I've al3ways loved rallycross. It doesn't matter what the weather's like, you know there's going to be great, competitive racing.

On a related theme, I've finished my Warwick Barnes rallycross TR7 V8 this morning, and am pretty pleased with it. Very Happy I'll send David a photo or two next week and ask him to post it here for me. Cool

Great news about rallycross in 2013, Chris. I'll make sure I'm at Lydden for the opening round again, an will have to work out the possibilities of a jump across the Irish Sea - have never been to Mondello Park before and might be an opportunity to meet up with some of you guys from the Forum too. cheers Plenty of time to work out the details, but thanks for the heads up!

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2