Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAN ANYONE HELP WITH COLOUR MATCH FOR THE RED AND BLUE

+2
brian
RORY O CONNOR
6 posters

Go down

CAN ANYONE HELP WITH COLOUR MATCH FOR THE RED AND BLUE Empty CAN ANYONE HELP WITH COLOUR MATCH FOR THE RED AND BLUE

Post  RORY O CONNOR Fri May 03, 2013 8:41 pm

Trying to build three of these and can't get a good color match with either the blue or the red. Anyone got any suggestions on suitable colors. The red and blue are actually vinyl not paint!

CAN ANYONE HELP WITH COLOUR MATCH FOR THE RED AND BLUE Paintcolurs_zpsfd749736
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

CAN ANYONE HELP WITH COLOUR MATCH FOR THE RED AND BLUE Empty Re: CAN ANYONE HELP WITH COLOUR MATCH FOR THE RED AND BLUE

Post  brian Fri May 03, 2013 8:49 pm

You could use the colour picker tool in photoshop in you have it

Back to top Go down

CAN ANYONE HELP WITH COLOUR MATCH FOR THE RED AND BLUE Empty Re: CAN ANYONE HELP WITH COLOUR MATCH FOR THE RED AND BLUE

Post  Cazzo Fri May 03, 2013 8:51 pm

Are you doing it as decals or paint?

You could try Vauxhall Carmine Red, it was out in the '80/'90's,
Nova's Astras' and Cavalier's used this colour,
There was a Peugeot blue something close to that blue but I'd need to look it up,
I'll have a look on the work lap top for something to do the blue and give you the colour codes

Cazzo
Cazzo

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Fri May 03, 2013 9:00 pm

Thats a looker.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Fri May 03, 2013 9:04 pm

I tried to print decals on an Alps and a Laser but the colour came out wrong-too light on the red and too dark on the blue. Also the graphics are awkward to fit over the curves of the arches without getting raised bits, so its back to painting as its easier on some levels. I plan to paint the main colours and then get the curved edges by spray painting precut decal paper that is the right shape. Paint is the way to go now! At least his new car is a single solid blue.
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri May 03, 2013 10:11 pm

prob nothing like it in reallife rory but that blue looks very like my wrx scooby 1:1 blue m8..... Smile
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Sat May 04, 2013 3:41 pm

bmd wrote:prob nothing like it in reallife rory but that blue looks very like my wrx scooby 1:1 blue m8..... Smile

What pic you looking at Billy Rolling Eyes
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Sat May 04, 2013 3:43 pm

bmd wrote:prob nothing like it in reallife rory but that blue looks very like my wrx scooby 1:1 blue m8..... Smile

I thought so too-but its lighter than that! May have to blend Humbrol paints with white to get the lighter shades. Damm I hate mixing paint for an airbrush.
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazzo Sat May 04, 2013 3:49 pm

That Subaru paint is metallic so it would have silver specks in it,
You'll need a solid colour for this MKll, I've a colour in mind but can't remember the name or code,
It was on the '92 Nova SRi

Cazzo
Cazzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazzo Sat May 04, 2013 4:01 pm

Ok I think I'll chance my mind lol
The Vauxhall blue and red are too dark,

I'd go with these two colours below,

Audi Nogaro Blue 2001 on
Toyota Sunburst Red 2005 on

CAN ANYONE HELP WITH COLOUR MATCH FOR THE RED AND BLUE Audi_s10
CAN ANYONE HELP WITH COLOUR MATCH FOR THE RED AND BLUE Toyota10

Cazzo
Cazzo

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Sat May 04, 2013 4:05 pm

FROST BLUE 32L/274
CARIBIC BLUE 33L/33U/277
REGENCY BLUE16L
NEPTUNE BLUE13L
COSMOS BLUE 273/27L
CARIBIC BLUE 277/33L/33U

Theres a few. Cosmos Blue looks favorite as it's the right year and a solid colour.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Sat May 04, 2013 4:06 pm

Audi blue is too light?
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Sat May 04, 2013 4:14 pm

Toyota Sunburst looks ok
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeus Sat May 04, 2013 4:35 pm

Cazzo wrote:.

You'll need a solid colour for this MKll, I've a colour in mind but can't remember the name or code,

Opel Porto / Vauxhall Breeze blue I think its code 264
CAN ANYONE HELP WITH COLOUR MATCH FOR THE RED AND BLUE Rmsimg24
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazzo Sat May 04, 2013 8:00 pm

That's the colour Dave, in fact that is the car I was thinking about, RMS Stand Lurgan Park!!
I'll check the code on the lap top in work,

Cazzo
Cazzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeus Sat May 04, 2013 8:26 pm

That's the colour Dave, in fact that is the car I was thinking about, RMS Stand Lurgan Park!!
I'll check the code on the lap top in work,

Haha spooky, my dad used to have one in this colour back in '94-'02, if the pant code is right it might be ideal for a model I'm making.
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazzo Sat May 04, 2013 8:45 pm

Ah feckit that was doing my head in so I've had a look at the colour chips out in the van,
That Vauxhall colour is Porto Blue Code 15L or 264

It's also called Breeze Blue but make sure its from the '90 as Vauxhall re-released it again in 2006'ish for the VXR Astra,
The latest Breeze Blue is a different colour Wink

Cazzo
Cazzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeus Sun May 05, 2013 3:33 pm

Zeus wrote:

Opel Porto / Vauxhall Breeze blue I think its code 264

Ah feckit that was doing my head in so I've had a look at the colour chips out in the van,
That Vauxhall colour is Porto Blue Code 15L or 264

It's also called Breeze Blue but make sure its from the '90 as Vauxhall re-released it again in 2006'ish for the VXR Astra,
The latest Breeze Blue is a different colour Wink

Now that wasnt bad memory Laughing
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down