Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've finally fnished something!!!

+24
Mark Lowe
143models.com
Mal
bmd
gaz_bass
Joe Leslie
skipperjim
Admin
GMR..Models
focuswrc
Cowley
mconboy
Hampton Caught
modelrallysport.com
Juha
Group B Models
Cazzo
newt5550
GKnight
Ted Creedon
Ryan_C
mcm motorsport
Zeus
Simon6R4
28 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

I've finally fnished something!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: I've finally fnished something!!!

Post  Simon6R4 Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:20 pm

GMR..Models wrote:very nice Simon, that turned out A1 for you !

many thanks Gary, yeah I'm really pleased with this one
Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

I've finally fnished something!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: I've finally fnished something!!!

Post  Hampton Caught Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:54 pm

Simon6R4 wrote:[img]I've finally fnished something!!! - Page 4 2012-012[/img]

Hi Simon,

Revisiting your thread and previous posts as, like you, I always seem to have 6R4-shaped projects on the go!! Very Happy

With your Stone 6R4, can I ask how you made the spotlight fittings on the front bumper and what you used for the door mirrors, please?

I'm currently working on two red/blue Gollop 6R4s. One will be identical to yours and the other, which I've almost finished, is of the car at it's first meeting with that colour scheme (Lydden, early 1987), which I photo'ed at the time, never thinking I'd make a model myself! Wink

My question is, did you have enough Mobil1 decals? In putting my Lydden European Round 6R4 together using Vitor's decals, I'm wondering why I don't seem to have enough for the rear wing, facing rearwards? The huge, white 'Metro' decal goes on one, a large Mobil1 decal on the top spoiler, but I ony seem to have a small one left over! Is this the case for you?

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Leslie Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:41 pm

they are stunning 6R4's simon.. fantastic job
Joe Leslie
Joe Leslie

https://www.youtube.com/joel5122

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:20 pm

Thanks for posting in this topic Steve, and reminding me what nice models Simon has built. Wink

They're quality Simon! cheers
Cowley
Cowley

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CODE343/414306915273338

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon6R4 Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:20 pm

Hampton Caught wrote:
Simon6R4 wrote:[img]I've finally fnished something!!! - Page 4 2012-012[/img]

Hi Simon,

Revisiting your thread and previous posts as, like you, I always seem to have 6R4-shaped projects on the go!! Very Happy

With your Stone 6R4, can I ask how you made the spotlight fittings on the front bumper and what you used for the door mirrors, please?

I'm currently working on two red/blue Gollop 6R4s. One will be identical to yours and the other, which I've almost finished, is of the car at it's first meeting with that colour scheme (Lydden, early 1987), which I photo'ed at the time, never thinking I'd make a model myself! Wink

My question is, did you have enough Mobil1 decals? In putting my Lydden European Round 6R4 together using Vitor's decals, I'm wondering why I don't seem to have enough for the rear wing, facing rearwards? The huge, white 'Metro' decal goes on one, a large Mobil1 decal on the top spoiler, but I ony seem to have a small one left over! Is this the case for you?

Cheers, Steve

Steve I made the spotlight brackets using aluminum foil ( otherwise known as a tin can- Fanta Orange to be precise Rolling Eyes ) I cut a small strip then folded it lengthways in half to give a double thickness, then trimmed it to length. Then with a round needle file carefully filed out a small 'U' shape in one end to give the top bracket shape.

The door mirrors are made from Evergreen rectangular profile Styrene strip carefully filed and sanded to shape, then sprayed to match
Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon6R4 Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:22 pm

Steve as far as the Will Gollop car I'm pretty sure that I had enough Mobil decals but I will check to see what was on the sheet
Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon6R4 Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:23 pm

Many thanks for the comments Joe & David , very much appreciated Very Happy
Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:25 am

Simon,

Thanks for the info. Very helpful & informative. I've made spotlight brackets for one of my builds and ended up using small nails/ pins, which don't look anywhere near as right as your Fanta cans. Laughing I'll have to give that a go myself..... which was the reason for asking!! Cool

I've just visited the Evergreen Scale models website, found the lin to 'strips' then got confusified by the options and stuff! Rolling Eyes What dimension of strip/s did you use for your mirors? It looks like a minefield?!

Many thanks, Simon. Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon6R4 Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:19 pm

Steve, the Styrene strips are 2.0mm X 3.2mm, the Evergreen item number on the pack is 166.

Hope that helps Smile
Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:23 pm

Certainly does help, Simon. Thanks very much for that. cheers

I'll sort myself out with a few strips, whilst carefully avoiding the retail 100 units option, which would take a very long time to use! Very Happy

Many thanks again, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon6R4 Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi Steve

I have just checked my decals for this model and yes you are right, there are not enough 'Mobil 1' decals to do both the top and underside of the rear spoiler. I think from memory I made up an additional one myself. The small Mobil 1 decal goes on the top of the windscreen I think. I still haven't quite finished this model yet, it still looks the same as it did when the picture was taken, I really must get it finished Embarassed
Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:35 pm

Thanks Simon, interesting (and at the same time, a relief) that you have the same findings as me.

I think, perhaps, that an email to Vitor will be in order. He's been very responsive when I've had a problem in the past, with the same set of decals, as they were badly scratched when I first received them. He sent me a new set a few days later.

I'll send him a message and see what happens. Looks like, for the time being, you won't be able to finish the MobilMetro anyway! Wink

Thanks again and speak very soon, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:04 pm

Hi Simon,

I finished decalling the bodywork of the Gollop 6R4s yesterday and have lacquered both today, so not touching them until late this week to let things dry off properly. I've learnt the hard way with that! Wink

What I wanted to let you know was that I had already made up a Mobil1 decal in different sizes for my original Gollop rallycross 6R4, and this was about the right size and on a white decal sheet. The result looked pretty good too!

If you would like me to, I can post you a few of them so you can finish your 6R4 off rather than asking Vitor. If you're interested, PM me your address and I'll print some out for you in the next few weeks, as and when I next make some decals up. Very Happy

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon6R4 Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:11 pm

Many thanks for the offer Steve but I did already make up the additional Mobil 1 decal and applied it to the car. The decalling is all finished and the body complete ( and has been for a few months Embarassed ) all I need to do are the windows and finish off the interior. I really should finish this as there is very little to do on it.

many thanks again for the offer of the decals though, very kind thought Very Happy
Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:11 pm

You're very welcome, Simon.

Sounds like our 6R4s are at exactly the same place. I've the windows to sort, final checks on the interior/ engine bay and decalling the windows... then it's all done Very Happy . Like I said, I'll wait some days before picking the projects up again, so I don't ruin my hard work with fingerprints etc where I don't want them!!

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon6R4 Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:14 pm

I always find that bit the hardest, not touching a model until everything is completely dry/glue set etc Rolling Eyes

Knowing how slow my progress is on things Steve, i think you will probably have yours completed first Very Happy
Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:20 pm

We'll see, Simon!!

Actually, I'm looking to get mine finished in thenext couple of weeks, so I can make good progress on the other models/ kits I want to finish!! I odn't know about you, but the recent thread with photos of Mal's work area have made me very determined not to have loads of kits hanging around unmade/ enjoyed and at the same time, not to have too many projects on the go at the same time.

Really odd thing there is, whilst I've only ever had two at a time, at the very most, I now find myself at different stages with five projects! Gulp!

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon6R4 Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:35 pm

I'm not great at limiting the amount of projects I have on the go. I'm very good at starting projects but very bad when it comes to getting them completed Embarassed
Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeus Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:46 pm

Simon6R4 wrote:I'm not great at limiting the amount of projects I have on the go. I'm very good at starting projects but very bad when it comes to getting them completed Embarassed

Same Laughing
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:54 pm

Seems like we all have something else in common then! Rolling Eyes
Cowley
Cowley

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CODE343/414306915273338

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon6R4 Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:33 pm

A build I have been doing for quite a while now, finally finished it tonight cheers A quick pic, will do some better ones in daylight

Dermot Carnegie MG Metro 6R4 Rallycross car from the 1991 British Rallycross Grand Prix;

[img]I've finally fnished something!!! - Page 4 02310[/img]

I was there at the event and wanted to do models of the competing cars.This will be the 3rd model I now have from this event and hope to do some more.
Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:54 pm

brillaint simon!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  gaz_bass Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:15 am

spot on. v nice
gaz_bass
gaz_bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon6R4 Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:36 am

Thanks Paul & Gary, much appreciated
Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:42 am

very nice work simon, well done..... Smile
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next