Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll for forum to go Paid Membership - POLL NOW CLOSED

+15
focussimo
Hampton Caught
srsmodels
Simon6R4
143models.com
Mark 2 Magic
mcm motorsport
jusali
Speedy
mconboy
rsjon
Rallycol
newt5550
bmd
brian
19 posters

Go down

Would you like to see the forum go Paid Membership?

Poll for forum to go Paid Membership - POLL NOW CLOSED Vote_lcap85%Poll for forum to go Paid Membership - POLL NOW CLOSED Vote_rcap 85% 
[ 23 ]
Poll for forum to go Paid Membership - POLL NOW CLOSED Vote_lcap15%Poll for forum to go Paid Membership - POLL NOW CLOSED Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 27

Poll closed

Poll for forum to go Paid Membership - POLL NOW CLOSED Empty Poll for forum to go Paid Membership - POLL NOW CLOSED

Post  brian Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:19 pm

Following on from this thread where it has already been discussed about paid membership, I have created a poll in order to get a true reflection on whether to go ahead with this plan. People have already expressed their opinion that they are in favour of paid membership, but it is the number of people NOT in favour that Id like to see, as I dont want to lose members over it.

Here is a summary of the main reasons for going down this route from the other thread:

• To help cover the costs of running the forum.
  • To act as a buffer to keep people with bad intentions from using the forum to see what people have in their homes/offices etc.

NOTE Covering costs is no longer an issue. There is not a lot in the admin panel that needs to be paid for so removing the ads is the only thing that will cost money. Its not worth the hassle of collection for such a small amount (€10 p/a)

So because costs are so small, the paid membership will also be small enough to not be a strain on members while large enough to put off the kind of people we dont want. So im thinking around £3 per year.
For that £3 you will get full membership of the forum (exactly what you have now). Non paid members will get access to New members (read and post), General Chat (read and post) and For Sale (read only). This is tested and ready to implement.

Please vote and give us your thoughts below. Poll is open until the end of the month to give as many people as possible a chance to vote

Thanks
Brian

Last edited by brian on Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Poll for forum to go Paid Membership - POLL NOW CLOSED Empty Re: Poll for forum to go Paid Membership - POLL NOW CLOSED

Post  bmd Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:40 pm

hi brian............totally in support of paid membership m8....  Smile
just my twopence , but I think some other forums I've been on, limit 'for sale' sections to paid members, thereby giving them the opportunity to see/buy models over non-members, and also stopping non-members using the forum as just a free market-place.... of course i'll not mind either way, just a wee thought brian, cheers m8  Smile 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Poll for forum to go Paid Membership - POLL NOW CLOSED Empty Re: Poll for forum to go Paid Membership - POLL NOW CLOSED

Post  brian Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:57 pm

I understand what your saying Billy, in that members should have first pick when models are up for sale.

My thoughts on that were when a paid member is selling a model, they have the maximum possible range of buyers (paid and unpaid members) in which to sell the model. But unpaid members cant post in the for sale section, only read it. They can see other peoples for sale threads, but cant actually make there own since they cannot post.

It would be easier to not allow them access at all but im just thinking of the sales etc. Thanks Billy.

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:20 pm

ah that's fair enough brian, no probs..i'm easy m8, whatever is best for the members, safest for the forum and of course least hassle for yourself.... i'll go with the flow, i'm sure the rest of the forum will be up for supporting the paid m'ship too....
cheers and well done m8  cheers
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Nice one Brian. Support you all the way  Cool 
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  Rallycol Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:32 pm

Brian Its a yes from me also! Although I would have thought £3 sounds low!

Rallycol

Back to top Go down

Post  rsjon Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:22 pm

Would agree with bmd,why should non paid up members have access to the for sale section, I would pay no problem by the way Very Happy 
rsjon
rsjon

Back to top Go down

Post  mconboy Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:26 pm

No problem at all Brian..
mconboy
mconboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Speedy Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:42 pm

Fully behind the idea, but reckon you could up the amount a bit. If there was ever an agreement on a forum model in the future then those that have paid up could get a slight discount depending on how long they are a member (use some of the surplus membership money to go towards the price)

Would agree on the For Sale section, keep that for paid up members but allow the non paid up people access to the Wanted Section instead.
Speedy
Speedy

http://www.peespeed.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jusali Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:49 pm

I use another forum Model motorvations. They have paying members option for buying and selling it also locks you out of messaging other members if you don't pay too. They charge 12gbp a year but use a running payment option. I don't have subscription with them as yet  Embarassed 
jusali
jusali

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:16 pm

A discounted forum model was one of the uses for the money myself and paul had talked about. We can definatly look into that again.

Im also a member on modelmotorvations and while i do pay the membership there, they have a different type of forum as its part of their business and have more costs running the forum. £3 was just a figure i thought of as nobody would miss that much. If people are happy to pay more then it can be more.

Im planing on implementing the changeover at the end of feb so plenty time to get everyting sorted

Back to top Go down

Post  mcm motorsport Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:33 pm

fully behind you brian on this matter,as said above £3 is very low so another few quid would also be acceptable.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 2 Magic Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:24 pm

In Full support with you Brian. Sounds a good idea to me. It sounds a cheap years membership to me at £3.
How about a Fiver?????? Just a idea
Mark 2 Magic
Mark 2 Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  143models.com Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:03 am

Fine by me
I will just go with the flow in whatever happens
143models.com
143models.com

http://www.143models.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon6R4 Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:52 am

As per the previous comments, I am more than happy to pay to keep the forum as a members forum.

Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

Post  srsmodels Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:42 am

Agree totally with the above comments

No prob at all to pay the amount proposed

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:10 pm

I'm happy to pay an annual subscription, £3 or £5, just so long as we can keep going along the lines we've been able to until now.  Very Happy 

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  focussimo Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:52 pm

i'm agreed too
focussimo
focussimo

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:56 am

Ditto
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  srsmodels Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:28 am

Very surprised that there are some that have voted against this....

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:22 pm

Im a little surprised as well but everyone has there reasons. I would have liked to see the reasons both for or against. By setting the amount so low, i had hoped cost wouldnt be one of those so id be interested to know what they are and try address them

Back to top Go down

Post  dugg2kk Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:35 pm

No problem paying what ever amount is decided.

dugg2kk

Back to top Go down

Post  Niallod Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:28 am

Agree with all of the above and well worth paying in my opinion.

Niallod

Back to top Go down

Post  turn the wheel Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:16 pm

No problem paying for OUR forum

turn the wheel

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:47 pm

Poll is now closed, thanks to everyone for voting.

Its a pretty resounding victory for the Yes camp so as of 1st March, to view diecastrallymodels.com you will need to be a paid member. In the next few days I will be setting up a paypal account for people to pay into. Cost will still be £3 for the first year as thats what people voted for according to the poll. It can be re-evaluated next year. 

Once thats up and running, ill create a thread with the details. Membership will begin 1st March even if you pay early.

Ill lock this thread and unsticky as its job is done

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum