Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Mail Parcel price changes 31st March

Go down

Royal Mail Parcel price changes 31st March Empty Royal Mail Parcel price changes 31st March

Post  Sal on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:20 pm

Just posted a model to France today and the Post Master asked if I had seen the new prices coming in on the 31st which obviously I hadnt! Just had a quick scan thru the price list and UK hasnt gone up too much Second Class signed for up to 1kg £3.90 up from £3.70 etc. However its European and worldwide that shows the biggest increase. Just posted a 450g parcel by standard airmail to France and it cost me £4.95. As of the 1st April the same parcel will cost £7.90!!! However in the back of the booklet is listed a service called International Economy which it says is ideal for heavier items where speed isnt a priority and the price for that like for like is £5.10!! Will ask him tommorow what tiemescales are envisaged for this service otherwise its time to fina a courier service...

Sal

Back to top Go down

Royal Mail Parcel price changes 31st March Empty Re: Royal Mail Parcel price changes 31st March

Post  jusali on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:44 pm

I've always stuck with Royal Mail because they were a national concern. Now they've been sold off they're just like any other private company so I'm gonna shop about.this year.
jusali
jusali

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum