Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model will cost 40% MORE ????????

+2
Juha
turn the wheel
6 posters

Go down

Model will cost  40% MORE ???????? Empty Model will cost 40% MORE ????????

Post  turn the wheel Thu May 29, 2014 11:47 pm

I have been told that the cost of models made in China will go up by 40/70% due to a rapid rise in wages and health Insurances in China .........have anybody on here heard about this..............I believe the dealers in Europe are panic buying to beat the higher prices...........so I guess all the model making equipment will be moved to Vietnam or the likes...................Omer Yetis might have some information for us ????????????????/

turn the wheel

Back to top Go down

Model will cost  40% MORE ???????? Empty Re: Model will cost 40% MORE ????????

Post  Juha Fri May 30, 2014 12:12 am

That's a big increase, and I can't see it going up with such a percentage. What's the cost of a model in China, 1 or 2 euros? It can't be much more when Ixo can retail their Altaya models at €12,95 and still make a profit on them.
Juha
Juha

http://www.rallyfoto.be

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri May 30, 2014 7:54 am

the free diecastlegends magazine had a large article about this a few months ago....think i dumped it though.... Rolling Eyes 
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Fri May 30, 2014 8:20 am

Billy, I did the same!!

Yes, as the working population in China becomes used to a better standard of living and costs rise, it's inevitable that their produce will increase in price to cover for this.

My concern for some years has been that as China has undercut everyone else and factories close across Europe and beyond, we're becoming dependent on China for household goods and pretty much everything else. No-one can compete on price. Then China puts its prices up and we have no option but to pay them as the consumables we're used to buying aren't made anywhere else anymore. Game, set and match!

I'm not talking specifically about models here, more of a general comment, but I believe it will be inevitable that model prices will rise.

Happy times ahead, huh!?! Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  jusali Fri May 30, 2014 9:36 am

Globalism eh?  Rolling Eyes 
jusali
jusali

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Fri May 30, 2014 10:18 am

Lot of companies moving from China to Burma and some even moving production back to the UK as more cost effective. Models arnt selling at the suggested current rrps so 70% increases will see margins having to be cut or models not being made. Also UK wholesalers are going to have to be a bit less greedy...

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  jusali Fri May 30, 2014 11:49 am

Yep most of the % is in wholesaler and retailer mark-ups.

The imbalance in world economic disparity not only means increase in wages for the 3rd world but a decrease for the Rich Western World too. At the same time as the financial elite filter more and more to the top and hold onto it. It doesn't look very good for any of us Sad
jusali
jusali

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Fri May 30, 2014 12:38 pm

Oh happy days!  Rolling Eyes 

If the manufacturers aren't selling as many models, they won't be making as many new ones with new castings in the future. My hope of an MG Montego in 1/43 is looking less and less likely with each post!  lol! 

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down