Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decal Printing in White or Light Colours to use on Coloured Backgrounds

Go down

Decal Printing in White or Light Colours to use on Coloured Backgrounds Empty Decal Printing in White or Light Colours to use on Coloured Backgrounds

Post  Hampton Caught Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Guys,

I found this by accident as a link on the craftyprinterpaper.co.uk website. It's a kit that enables you to print graphics/ lettering/ handwriting etc and make white decals, coloured decals or metallic decals that work on clear surfaces (i.e. windows/ glazing) and provide full colour against dark backgrounds including black!

It looks a bit fiddly at first but having watched a couple of videos of it being used, would be easy enough to get used to. The idea is that the sticker/ graphic you are printing has a white layer underneath and the colour/s on top. This means that when applied to a clear or dark surface, the white layer underneath reflects back the colours printed on top, thus you have the full effect of bright colours against the background. Without the white layer, the colours from your printer get lost against the clear or coloured background as they don't reflect the light travelling through them.

This is new news to me. It may be to you or maybe someone here has used it already! Thought I'd share it as I can see me using this to create many code 3 rallycross, rally and circuit racing beauties.

The link to the videos and background info is here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm going to order the starter kit from craftycomputerpaper.co.uk (link here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so I can make a start when I get back from hols.

Enjoy! I know I will!!

Cheers, Steve.
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down