Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Handy way to look after those screws

+2
bmd
brian
6 posters

Go down

Handy way to look after those screws Empty Handy way to look after those screws

Post  brian Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:54 pm

Picked up this trick from watching wheeler dealers earlier in the summer. Im constantly loosing pieces and screws for models so this has been invaluable to me. Ive been using this piece of cardboard for 4 mk2 builds at this stage and havnt lost a screw yet. Because they are also labeled its easy to find the correct one when putting the model back together.

Handy way to look after those screws 20140922_164747_zpsgmevkazl

Back to top Go down

Handy way to look after those screws Empty Re: Handy way to look after those screws

Post  bmd Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:14 pm

simple but effective brian.... Smile
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Handy way to look after those screws Empty Re: Handy way to look after those screws

Post  potiman Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:13 pm

Too easy when you see it done!

potiman

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:35 pm

bmd wrote:simple but effective brian.... Smile

I resemble that!
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:47 pm

But we'd lose the fun of crawling on the floor looking for that elusive bit of metal, never mind the pain in the back and knees that goes with it. Laughing
Juha
Juha

http://www.rallyfoto.be

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:58 pm

lol!! chris......
my problem when reassembling either a model or a 1:1 part is having screws left over at the end not knowing were they should have gone!!! Embarassed Rolling Eyes lol!
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:18 pm

A marvellous idea, that, Brian.

I'd seen it on Wheeler Dealers as well (what a superb series that is!!) but hadn't thought to use it for model making..... until now! sunny

Thanks for the suggestion. Top man

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:32 pm

I often have screws left over too, especially when repairing laptops/pcs etc. Can never seem to find where they all go back in. Ive also resorted to using clear zipper sandwich bags to store the parts I take off the models. Seems to help keep everything together and stops clear parts getting scratched

Wish I had done this when I took a GSM Evo X apart over 4 years ago. Theres so many parts Ive forgotten what goes where but I think everything is still there. Its all in an old biscuit box so it must have been christmas Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down