Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

changed times

+5
bmd
newt5550
brian
Sal
srsmodels
9 posters

Go down

changed times Empty changed times

Post  srsmodels Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:01 am

Had a very busy couple of weeks sold 25 models inc some ixo new releases

All models are also on sale on the forum but not a single one of my sales were on here

Very strange but shows how things have really changed on here

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

changed times Empty Re: changed times

Post  Sal Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:59 am

Had no problem selling models to fellow forum members both on here and on other channels but agree times have changed.

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:44 pm

I think most collectors on here have a certain theme to their collection and most new releases dont fit that theme. Any older releases they would have bought already. New releases are too expensive to use as base models for the many builders we have on here.

The majority of the forum have the same interest in models they buy so any models outside that will struggle to sell. Some may see this as a limitation of the forum, but I see it as one of its strengths. I could go on facebook and see several different groups for rally models. But theres nowhere else thats the same as here.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:13 pm

Brian

Totally agree with your sentiments and long may the forum continue as IMO its primarily a place to discuss new releases and finds and exchange tips etc. Its not a market place as such but has that facility as a nice add on.

Cheers

Chris

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:17 pm

Well said lads. I've sold a few recently through Facebook. It has a much wider membership and as you say there are certain people which only collect certain things so putting them on FB gets them out there more.
Here is still a great place for sales. Somebody always wants something. I think a lot is just pot luck.
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:03 pm

agreed lads..........although i have bought and sold a handful of models on here, i don't look on it as mainly a marketplace, more a forum where like-minded saddo's like me can ask/give advice, show their collections and bang heads on all things rally model related.... i know this is no consolation to the guys on here who are trying to sell runs of models they have produced, but surely if the right models are made, collectors will buy....? or of course i could be talking cr_p!! lol!! Embarassed
just my tuppence-worth, no offence intended to anyone........... I love you
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:11 pm

And so say all of us.
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:12 pm

thanks paul, or do you mean the bit about me talking cr_p!?!?!? Rolling Eyes lol!
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:16 pm

I would never say that. Not to your face. Behind your back though..... Twisted Evil
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:19 pm

lol!! always the best way m8, always the best....... Laughing
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Hampton Caught Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:35 pm

bmd wrote:agreed lads..........although i have bought and sold a handful of models on here, i don't look on it as mainly a marketplace, more a forum where like-minded saddo's like me can ask/give advice, show their collections and bang heads on all things rally model related.... i know this is no consolation to the guys on here who are trying to sell runs of models they have produced, but surely if the right models are made, collectors will buy....? or of course i could be talking cr_p!! lol!! Embarassed
just my tuppence-worth, no offence intended to anyone........... I love you

I agree with your sentiments about the Forum, Billy, and have bought models through the forum that are relevant to my theme/s. Until very recently, all my models have been Austin/ Rover/ Triumph, MG/ BL/ ARG/ MGR-related (road, race, rally and rallycross cars) and I have only recently explored other marques (Ford x2, Lancia, Porsche) due to making models of current Ripla Retro Rallycross Challenge cars.

Other models, however unusual/ cheap/ beautifully made they may be, are not going to join my display. I do regularly look on here for stuff for sale and will continue to do so.

Cheers, Steve
Hampton Caught
Hampton Caught

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:46 pm

I don't even want to start counting what I've spent here, either stuff I bought from members or things I bought elsewhere after finding it on the forum.
Juha
Juha

http://www.rallyfoto.be

Back to top Go down

Post  gofastfreddy Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:18 pm

i posted that i want to buy your i20 wrc , never got reply
found that strange off you , not your habbit

gofastfreddy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content