Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can the last person....

+8
CDM
bmd
Ted Creedon
JOB
Juha
143models.com
Zeus
srsmodels
12 posters

Go down

can the last person.... Empty can the last person....

Post  srsmodels Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:24 pm

Can the last person out please turn off the light

I really feel now this forum is dieing very quickly

I put a lot of stuff on for sale lately and not a single acknowledge Kent never mind a sale

Don't come in anywhere near as much as I used to as very little goes on

Real shame tbh

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

can the last person.... Empty Re: can the last person....

Post  Zeus Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:00 pm

Its like all forums at the moment. Plus it has been race retro this weekend
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  143models.com Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:12 pm

At least it's still here for us.
143models.com
143models.com

http://www.143models.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Juha Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:25 pm

Do you post this every month Steve? The forum isn't dead because you're not selling anything on here.

I haven't logged in for 2 days and there are 15 updated threads since my last visit, 7 if you take away the for "for sale" threads. That's not much, but this has never been the most active of places. Yet it still excists, and members appear to have renewed their subscriptions, so it can't be that that bad?

Some people were busy with Race Retro, others have been competing or spectating or organising, we might actually have a few things to do other than buying/building models.

And we're not all going to buy models to keep our threads active, unless someone wants to sponsor such actions. Donations happily accepted. lol!
Juha
Juha

http://www.rallyfoto.be

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:58 pm

Forum is maturing or at least some of us on here have refocussed our collecting. There was a time when I bought almost anything but now i am concentrating on certain themes etc. With the price of sterling I'm afraid i have to look more closely at models denominated in currencies other than the euro. With the downturn in the economy people are more prudent with their money - no reflection on what you are selling. If you want to sell then ebay is a better bet - you have a far wider spread of potential clients. Speaking personally I joined a number of groups on Facebook focussing on models but none are as helpful as this forum. So long may it last.

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  Ted Creedon Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:44 am

I think the beauty of this forum is its variety for members, with sales being just one of the interests on offer.  

It beats me how you can say it's dying when a member puts on a request for a bit of help with identifying a decal and within 24/36 hours not only has the decal identified but has a fist full of artwork to help him on his merry way.    

The thread I refer to is this one; https://www.diecastrallymodels.com/t5565-1978-galway-rally-logo-help-needed and is just one instance of how helpful this forum is.

This, to me, is what the forum is all about and long may it last.
Ted Creedon
Ted Creedon

Back to top Go down

Post  srsmodels Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:43 am

Well my post has done one thing maybe 2

It has got some posts on the forum which rarely happens

2nd I doubt I will be putting much on for sale on the forum anymore or very limited as Facebook seems to be the place to be

Last edited by srsmodels on Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:02 am

steve I don't want to go over old ground here m8 but we have discussed this a few times recently........main issue here is the range of reasons we use the forum.. I totally get that to you its a place to advertise your wares, and if that was its only function, I would agree that its not exactly flourishing..but are model sales flourishing on ebay, gumtree, in shops, on-line etc?
to the majority of members, and I apologise for putting words in peoples mouths, I believe this forum is not about buying/selling from each other, rather its a place to find/give advice on models, decals etc.....we have all benefitted from the knowledge and experience of members, as mentioned above when someone asks for help, it very, very rarely fails to get a reply, so I don't agree with your 1st comment above about your post creating a rare reply..........
at the end of the day its every members prerogative to contribute how he sees fit, but if you're looking at this place as merely a market for models , and if you find difficult to sell, then maybe the problem is in the product? no offence intended m8, but should you consider why members are excited about another McHale kmd manta at over £100 but aren't jumping at other models at less than half the price....I know its not the quality so surely it must be the subject matter of at least some of the models being offered?
I for one greatly appreciate the help and the banter on here, and to me, its £3 very well spent! I know my collection would not be as extensive or as accurate without the help I have recived from this place..... that's why im here, and will continue to be here...
just my tuppenceworth steve, as I say no offence intended, but this is not primarily a marketplace, at least not in my experience.....
cheers Smile
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  CDM Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:09 pm

I would not normally respond to a post like this one as it quite frankly just does my head in

BUT I totally agree with the comment from BMD (Billy??) above.

I have been collecting and building models for 45+ years and I am still learning. The banter, help and info I have received and hopefully given on this forum IS what makes this forum. It is NOT a selling forum

Having just spent 3 days at Race Retro I (with Dave Zeus & Steve Hampton Caught) who will vouch for how many DRM flyers were handed out. The vast majority knew nothing about the forum. Hopefully some will join.! But I will say it here and later on the RR report Dave Zeus - I have not seen knowledge and enthusiasm for rallying and his models from someone as young, ever!! Fair play to you Dave it was a top draw performance over RR weekend. But more on Race Retro later when I recover!

Right back to this thread.......

I have been collecting model for a long time. I have been buying and selling models, books and car bits at autojumbles/swapmeets for a long time. Times they are a changing and you have to run a business in a much different way now. There are many more places to buy models than there ever were before. There is no loyalty to one person or one company anymore, the customer holds all the cards.

Selling anything has always has been about the 5 Ps - product, price, placement, promotion, profit - its here if its of interest http://www.inc.com/theupsstore/the-five-ps-of-marketing-product-place-promotion-price-and-profit.html

No matter who you are if you don't do any of the 5 P's, selling anything fails - simple. So have a good look at how you are selling your models. You cant moan at everyone else if your models are not selling, its not actually their fault!!! Why aren't they selling, what can YOU change to make it better? You need to look at all of the 5 Ps. You have to be agile, look for a market opportunity that gives you the best return. You cant be aggressive that just gets everyone's backs up. What and how you say it is also very important. Do people trust you, believe you, if they don't they will walk away and go elsewhere. Nobody knows everything its impossible. We have to be open to constructive comment, new ideas, but most of all remember its supposed to be FUN with a smile on your face!!!!!!

Hopefully, (and everyone on this forum will hope as well!!) that you take this in the constructive way I intend it to be. You can shout and moan as much as you like on here or on facebook. but why am I still building/selling model after 40 odd years. Its all of the above.

Good luck Steve hope you can work it out, show us all you can do it!
Cheers
Chris

PS Jees I need to sit down in dark room with a stiff drink after that.....

CDM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:10 pm

What he said!

Sal

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon6R4 Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:32 pm

I totally agree with Billy and Chris and echo your thoughts, cant put it in any better words. I think there this is much much more to this forum than sales. I have always viewed it as a great place to chat and have banter with people of a like minded and shared interest, and to share tips, ideas, see others collections. i have bought from fellow members and sold to members also, but I think the sales side is a small part of a varied and friendly community.

I don't look in every day and quite often don't comment or post on here, but that is not through lack of interest in the forum but more to do with my nature.

I'm sure that the forum will continue as strong as ever, sometimes it will be quiet sometimes busy, that's just the nature of the lives we live, but I look forward to the continued community we have here long may it last cheers
Simon6R4
Simon6R4

Back to top Go down

Post  srsmodels Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:12 pm

Brian please remove this thread

Thread closed!!

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowley Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:23 pm

That's the best, most fitting, and well structured common sense post that I've read for a long time Billy - only bettered by the subsequent post made by Chris! Impeccably put gentlemen, and they both sum up this forum perfectly, it's quietness from time to time, and what the majority of members get out of it. Your description of current market trends, habits, sellers' tactics, etc is also spot on...

...well done! cheers

Last edited by Cowley on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cowley
Cowley

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CODE343/414306915273338

Back to top Go down

Post  newt5550 Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:53 pm

Cowley wrote:That's the best, most fitting, and well structured common sense post that I've read for a long time Billy - only bettered by the subsequent post made by Chris! Impeccably put gentlemen, and they both sum up this forum perfectly, it's quietness from time to time, and what the majority of members get out if it. Your description of current market trends, habits, sellers' tactics, etc is also spot on...

...well done! cheers

Totally echo what "him" said !
newt5550
newt5550

Back to top Go down

Post  srsmodels Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:48 pm

Getting really bored now

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down