Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 Circuit of Ireland Cancelled

4 posters

Go down

2017 Circuit of Ireland Cancelled Empty 2017 Circuit of Ireland Cancelled

Post  CDM Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:06 am

News that the 2017 Circuit of Ireland has been cancelled

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/125470/circuit-of-ireland-cancelled-for-2017

Chris

CDM

Back to top Go down

2017 Circuit of Ireland Cancelled Empty Re: 2017 Circuit of Ireland Cancelled

Post  David Napier Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:50 am

Its very disappointing to read this, this past years event was on a par IMO with the great Circuits of the past, they have built it back up so well its a shame if it ends here. With the resurgence of the BRC a BRC/ITRC event would be cheaper to run than what they did this year and still could be an excellent event. I know Bobby Willis dreams of CoI WRC but I don't(whatever my opinion is worth) WRC events are IMO elitist and have little regard and place for local competitors, what made the CoI special this past couple of years was we had locals against stars in as close to matching machinery as we have ever had, I loved this angle to the event.

David Napier

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:48 pm

Sad news that its cancelled. May be difficult to get another ERC round now in 2018.

I wonder if kilarney or donegal would be an option for the erc instead. Would be great to see it in kilarney

Back to top Go down

Post  GKnight Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:13 am

They have missed a year in the IRC/ERC calendar before so I don't think it might have too much impact on them getting back into the series again. It is sad to see though, Bobby has giving everything to make it a success; blood, sweat, tears and his own money.

I do agree with David though, I'd prefer it to stay in it's current guise as apposed to a WRC event.

GKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down