Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autoart 1/18th McRae Impreza WRC Views and opinions

5 posters

Go down

Autoart 1/18th McRae Impreza WRC Views and opinions Empty Autoart 1/18th McRae Impreza WRC Views and opinions

Post  Sal the 2nd Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:42 am

Wondering what people think of the "new" AA McRae Impreza WRC? Seen plenty of pics on line and am considering buying one as previously sold my Burns original version when I was having a moment and had decided to stay 1/43. Seems to be mixed opinions on their European FB page about the shape, the front bumper and the wheel rims/tyre decals among others and that's before you consider that originally it was slated in to have a full lamp pod set up. I know the Liatti car is more significant historically but has got to be the Colin car.

Should I buy or look for another Burns car on Ebay?
Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Autoart 1/18th McRae Impreza WRC Views and opinions Empty Re: Autoart 1/18th McRae Impreza WRC Views and opinions

Post  bmd Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:49 pm

chris i haven't seen one in the flesh yet m8 but suffice to say i'll be biting the bullet and buing one, not sure of driver yet..would be surprised if Autoart quality was inferior to sunstar, altaya , topmarques or whoever else is currently producing 1:18 scoobies but guess i'll see whan i get one...sorry not much help but theyre only just out as you know ...just my tuppenceworth lol
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Autoart 1/18th McRae Impreza WRC Views and opinions Empty Re: Autoart 1/18th McRae Impreza WRC Views and opinions

Post  bmd Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:41 pm

http://www.diecastsociety.com/autoart-new-subaru-impreza-wrc-1997-3-mcrae-grist/

http://www.autoartmodels.de/en/modelcars/1-18/subaru-impreza-wrc-1997-4-piero-liatti-fabriziapons-rally-of-monte-carlo.html
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  mk2glenn Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:49 am

Tarmac wheels are poor, even compared to the same wheels on the old Norisbank liveried Impreza.

mk2glenn

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Tumbo Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:10 pm

as a bit of a subaru fan some points:

- ridiculous they are charging the price they are for an old mould with minimal changes - I mean seriously the PE parts look pretty crap, the wheel as pointed out previously are nowhere near as good as the originals used for the Bourne 2003 model; and the Monte car has wheels looking more poor than the 6spoke Kremer cars
- can't believe they put the wrong 555 on the car rather than either correct 555 or even the swish without the 555
- stance looks good and nice to see the roo bar and snorkel
- surprised they have dumped the light pod version....makes no sense to me
- again PRICE??????
- will likely get the safari but not for a bit -> would rather buy 1:1 parts to turn my 2 door sti into a wrc look-a-like
Dr Tumbo
Dr Tumbo

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:09 pm

would rather buy 1:1 parts to turn my 2 door sti into a wrc look-a-like

Michael you not that finished yet m8? Laughing
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Tumbo Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:28 am

long way to go mate - have to get the bodykit [from Ireland] but just picked up a perfect set of 15" 8spoke speedlines for a great price which has me Very Happy
Dr Tumbo
Dr Tumbo

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:19 pm

good stuff!! things are moving then...!! cheers cheers
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Mal Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:01 am

Dr Tumbo wrote:as a bit of a subaru fan some points:

- ridiculous they are charging the price they are for an old mould with minimal changes - I mean seriously the PE parts look pretty crap, the wheel as pointed out previously are nowhere near as good as the originals used for the Bourne 2003 model; and the Monte car has wheels looking more poor than the 6spoke Kremer cars
- can't believe they put the wrong 555 on the car rather than either correct 555 or even the swish without the 555
- stance looks good and nice to see the roo bar and snorkel
- surprised they have dumped the light pod version....makes no sense to me
- again PRICE??????
- will likely get the safari but not for a bit -> would rather buy 1:1 parts to turn my 2 door sti into a wrc look-a-like

Hmmm, price, if you look hard enough you can pay approximately 25% less than rrp. Yes it is still a step up from what it was 15 years ago when they originally released the Impreza but remember the cost of living has gone up. I have also noticed the jump in prices of the other diecast stuff such as Sunstar so don't think Aa are the only ones pushing the prices.

Yep, why the non-tobacco 555s is a worry. Leave it blank. The 555s are tampo so a little bit of work to remove and replace with the correct stuff. The fluro is proper fluro, not the sickly yellow of the previous cars.

Wheels, nothing really wrong with them, the gold is a softer gold than the original cars so not really sure if the colour is correct. The blue of the car is slightly darker and has a less metallic paint look to it. Would have liked to see better representations of the aerials. Overall the finish is better.

So Dr Tumbo, you need to pull your finger and wallet out and buy a few.

Mal

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Tue May 29, 2018 10:27 am

so, anyone bought one yet? and/or amended the decals? i'm still toying with which version to go for... Rolling Eyes
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal the 2nd Tue May 29, 2018 11:29 am

My McRae Monte car arrived Friday. Not had the time to really review yet but will get some pics up when I find a new hosting site!
Sal the 2nd
Sal the 2nd

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Tue May 29, 2018 12:11 pm

ah nice one chris, look forward to it...cheers
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down