Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Workshop - How to draw artwork for Printing using Adobe Illustrator

5 posters

Go down

Workshop - How to draw artwork for Printing using Adobe Illustrator Empty Workshop - How to draw artwork for Printing using Adobe Illustrator

Post  brian Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:42 pm

Following on from the other thread around graphics applications, im going to host an online workshop where I go through the basics of Adobe Illustrator and show you how to use the tool, share some ticks & tips specific to model artwork, as well as answering any questions that you may have.

The workshop will be online using a web conferencing tool called Zoom, where you can log in and see my screen as I use the tool. We are still working out the finer details on when this takes place (possibility this weekend as a trial run) but will post here before hand.

If anyone wants to join you are more than welcome. You can join any kind of device, however ideally a headset is needed (to avoid echo from mic picking up speakers)

Back to top Go down

Workshop - How to draw artwork for Printing using Adobe Illustrator Empty Re: Workshop - How to draw artwork for Printing using Adobe Illustrator

Post  Ted Creedon Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:46 am

Fair dues, Brian. Sounds great.
Ted Creedon
Ted Creedon

Back to top Go down

Workshop - How to draw artwork for Printing using Adobe Illustrator Empty Re: Workshop - How to draw artwork for Printing using Adobe Illustrator

Post  brian Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:40 pm

Kicking off one of these sessions later if anyone else wants to join let me know

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:35 pm

Can these be recorded so that we can look at them - for slow learners like me.

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:48 pm

These can be recorded, lets see how tonight's goes before we go down that route.
Tonights will be a simple run through of the very basics and after that we can see how it goes.

Will be about 8pm before things kick off, Ill post the link here when the meeting room is open

Back to top Go down

Post  potiman Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:24 am

I'm very interested in this Brian, and like James may wish to record it, as I too, am a particular slow learner!

Wonderful idea

David

potiman

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:22 pm

A recorded version would be great.
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:32 pm

Last nights session went well, and i just hope it was too much information in 2 hours.

instead if recording the workshops, it might be easier to put together a few little tutorial videos that people can rewind and pause as they work through them.

So what would people like to see from these?
Using already created artwork and scaling it to size? Working with fonts? Drawing from scratch?

Let me know what you would like to learn from this and i can try put something together from there

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:44 pm

Drawing from scratch would be great - im a technophobe so for me starting at the most basic level would be ideal but i accept that will be too basic for the majority
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  potiman Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:38 am

I would certainly welcome a tutorial on drawing from scratch.

potiman

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:59 pm

Let me have a think about the best way to do it. Theres a lot to learn about the tools in Illustrator before you are at the level of drawing from sratch.

Everything you draw brings together several tools and ways of doing things which need to be shown seperately.

Im wondering if a recording is better, or something more like a manual with screenshots for the very basics.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down