Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

that spanish decal seller...

+4
RORY O CONNOR
brian
reeft1
bmd
8 posters

Go down

that spanish decal seller... Empty that spanish decal seller...

Post  bmd Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:59 am

lads i know this guy has been mentioned a few times in recent threads and posts and i think most times the general consensus was not a positive one...just wondered if it was a decal quality issue, or decals missing, or inaccurate, or what exactly was the problem? has anyone been satisfied with the product? seller name all_1one1_euro
cheers
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

that spanish decal seller... Empty Re: that spanish decal seller...

Post  reeft1 Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:16 am

I’ve recently bought some from him for a project. In short, they are home printed decals, they have to be cut to size, are somewhat transparent and so paint can show through from underneath, and don’t conform well on complex surfaces. They are somewhat expensive for what they are but he does cover subjects that others don’t. I’m a reluctant but occasional buyer from him as a result. Some years ago there were also concerns/issues with missing decals but over time i do think he listens to feedback and fills in the gaps. Hope that helps Billy.
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

ah cheers paul, appreciate the info, i also have a wee project that i need a few decals to finish, but as you say hes a tad expensive...ill have a wee think, i may just make them up myself if hes only using home equipment the same as me... thanks m8 Wink
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:55 pm

At least if you make them youself you know that they will at least fit the model you build. If they were not 100%, at least you didnt pay for them

Make them yourself Billy. If you need help with any logos just post here and someone will have what you need

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:06 pm

cheers brian, yeah theyre all doable, maybe im just getting lazy in my old age lol...cheers m8 Smile
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:40 pm

My own experience is that he prints onto white decal paper with a colour laser printer and the colouring is very poor. To get white lettering he will have the background body colour printed with white lettering. But you end up with white edging on the cut edge. Overall very poor and not worth much.
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:43 am

understood, thanks for that rory
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  David Napier Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:08 pm

I have not used his decals, but I think it appears unanimous that his decals aren't great. What all aspects do people like or dislike about them? I don't mind drawing decals, but getting good reference can be difficult and time consuming, and where else can I get Davy Evans CoI 240rs livery etc? Perhaps using him and doing the corrective work isn't how it should be, but it would be a chance to get some stuff I'd love to have and otherwise wont! Is it just a matter of decal quality and sizing, or is there more issues?

David Napier

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:22 am

The issues are colour quality and that he scans a lot of genuine decals sets and passes them off as his own. To achieve white lettering he prints on white decal paper with a laser printer and had the car body colour as a background which often does not match the actual paint colour.
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:24 am

All of Rorys points are valid having just used 2 sets for different projects.  Combined with the points i made in earlier responses you’d ask yourself “why would i do this?”. And the answer in in Davids question. As a reference guide and for some of the decals you can use its a good starting point - is it worth £15? No but quicker than starting from scratch.
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  Cess Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:55 am

I bought a few sets early on. The decals were badly sized, logos were missing and it looked as if there was minimal effort put in to creating the set. In fact, it looked like all that happened was someone had done an image search for logos and stuck them on a page. For the price, the quality is simply not there.

I also think the seller knows that some sets that they sell have not been covered, therefore buyers will "make do" just because there are no other off the shelf options.

Last edited by Cess on Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cess

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:09 pm

thanks again for the imput lads, appreciated Wink
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  pat4wd Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:52 pm

I remember giving my feedback to someone about his decals on here last year. Anyway, I was honest because I had bought and used a few sets from him. Had an issue once that I pm’d him about and all was sorted. I ALWAYS left positive feedback for him and spent a nice few Euro with him.
Anyway, he obviously found out about my feedback on the post here ( which was honest, not negative) and as this was a members only forum I thought it would be ok to do so and there would be no more about it.
Anyway, I went to buy the Bush Engineering Fisher decals from him today and this is what I got when I hit the “buy it now” button.
I have messaged him to ask why he did this but no reply. that spanish decal seller... 5d44a510

pat4wd

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:33 pm

Thats blooming annoying- im sure a friendly forum member can assist you in your quest.
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:02 pm

I wouldn't worry Pat-his stuff is very poor. I'm banned from buying his stuff too-he's clearly the creative but the sensitive type. He is/was a member of this forum!
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:11 pm

pets sake pat, thats a bit ott i think....not impressivr especially since you were honest and straight with him... Rolling Eyes
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  David Napier Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:33 pm

That'll be you on the naughty list too now Billy.

Maybe the subtleties of constructive feedback got lost in translation? Seems harsh that he has done this to you

David Napier

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:02 pm

Its a shame alright, those 3 1/24 mantas you have turned out great.

Feedback should be taken on board to make the decals better. When drawing decals 90% of the work is getting clear images of the logos, and sometimes thats not possible and you have to go ahead regardless. If a picture or feedback solves a missing or incorrect decal then you can fix it. At the end of the day, some people are just in it for the money. The irony of blocking people is that money will dry up sooner rather than later.

Back to top Go down

Post  esc4354 Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:10 am

He banned me aswell for giving bad feedback,came across very aggressive aswell,I wanted to buy Austin McHale manta 400 decals.

esc4354

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:22 am

you'll get sorted with those on here..if rory doesnt sort you out i should be able to..
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down