Rally Model Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the virus and its effects

+5
brian
RORY O CONNOR
David Napier
reeft1
bmd
9 posters

Go down

the virus and its effects Empty the virus and its effects

Post  bmd Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:46 pm

guys, i know that in these circumstances, hobbies and other such activities pale into insignificance meaning theres probably few members posting, but i just wanted to wish the forum and your extended families all the best while we all work our way through this....whether or not you may think its overkill, exaggeration or totally totally proportionate in the actions taken,,i hope the effects on all of are as limited as possible...
cheers
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

the virus and its effects Empty Re: the virus and its effects

Post  reeft1 Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:15 pm

Very nice sentiment Billy. Likewise to you and your family.
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:28 am

cheers paul... Smile
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:18 pm

guess there's no excuse for not getting models started/finished now lol Very Happy
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  David Napier Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:28 pm

I think mentally we are very lucky to have a hobby like this, I know for myself when I'm building the shit of everyday life disappears for a bit Smile

David Napier

Back to top Go down

Post  RORY O CONNOR Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:50 pm

Important to distract yourself from the anxiety and the fears-even if you can do it for an hour or so it's better than not doing it at all. I know in the next few weeks I'll be back building again.
RORY O CONNOR
RORY O CONNOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:05 pm

good points lads...
as with many i expect, my 1:1 car, my garden and my garage have never been cleaner...was wondering how you guys puttting your days in if/when not model building? ive come across some boxes of car mags from 90s when i was wrecking around the town in my stage 1 converted xr3i!!!!  loads of fastford, performance ford, kitcar and car&car conversions mags, thought i had disposed of them but appartently not lol!!
found a couple of nice nostlagic pics i took of me with malcolm wilson and stephen finlay in kennedys ford of ballymena, in pilot cossie days, another one of ari and another one of eddie irvine where he signed my ferrari book...happy times indeed... Smile
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:02 pm

Never a bad time for a trip down memory lane.
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:17 pm

indeed m8 Smile
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:18 pm

Im luckier than most and my job has just moved to working from home. While it can be difficult to run a Service Desk remotely, at least there has been no impact to hours and nobody laid off, the benifit to being an essential team in a multi national.

Working from home has its perks, no longer a 30min commute each way, outta bed, into the shower and start work in 15mins is nice. Having lunch and dinner with the family is nice too. Have extra tjme in the day to do other stuff so makjng some progress on the models ive got with me that are not in storage.

Downside is we are renting at the moment due to doing a major extention on the house. Construction has stopped now so every week they are off the site is costing us more and more money in rent. Had hoped to be back by mid july but thats off the cards now. Also have baby number 2 due in 2 weeks, and ckncerned abiut herself being in hispital during all if this, aswell as not being able to visit her. So overall its got its good and bad points

Back to top Go down

Post  bmd Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:28 pm

busy times brian indeed, wishing you and the good lady the very best for the next couple of weeks.. Smile
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:42 pm

Best of luck to you both Brian. If its any consolation we appear to be in a relatively good place - authorities moved quickly and you should have no issues in the hospital.  The Gov have taken over some of the private hospitals and thankfully many of those beds are lying empty. So while there are many frontline medical staff working at a frenetic pace there is a cohort still " in waiting" and those in the "Baby factory" as my wife calls it ( she's a midwife) are getting the best of care.

As regards models I am using the time to try to get a handle on exactly what I have in regards to models and decals i.e updating my inventory spreadsheet.  Planning for one or two upcoming events. Still chasing old photos of cars I have sat in to get models done. Annoying a few on here to gets decals made !!

Stay safe everyone

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  cowfeeder Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:15 am

Morning All

Its good to read updates from everyone, hope we all keep safe and well. Been involved in farming we are just as busy as normal, working in a more remote way. However as I keep been told, cows do not feed themselves these days. Most of our farming customers have practised social isolation/ distancing for many generations, so they really haven't seen a great deal of difference. For some of the guys I work with in the more remote areas of Cumbria and South West Scotland the only regular contact they have is with the milk tanker driver and postman.
Model building/ conversions have been going well, seem to have loads of part done stuff and just allowing a lot of extra time for anything that is coming in the post at the moment. Stay safe

Mark
cowfeeder
cowfeeder

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:21 am

A number of us seem to be making progress on the model building front......

Glad everyone is staying safe.
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:35 pm

Wasn't sure where to post this but I would have expected Covid to slow down mail or at least be used an an excuse for slow delivery.  I bought(eventually) a white Mitsubishi lancer '04 from a Japanese ebayer who offered free post. I bought it and paid for it on 26 June and it arrived today 1 July - that is just 5 days including a weekend which I am gobsmacked about. I am still waiting for two deliveries from Germany dated 2 June and 16 June. Stay safe eveyone.

Last edited by JOB on Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:13 pm

You've had a result James. I'm still waiting for a tracked parcel from Japan that hasn't moved for a couple of weeks so shipping route/provider could be a differentiator even within the same country (in fairness the seller has been excellent in keeping me posted).
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  JOB Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:40 pm

reeft1 wrote:You've had a result James. I'm still waiting for a tracked parcel from Japan that hasn't moved for a couple of weeks so shipping route/provider could be a differentiator even within the same country (in fairness the seller has been excellent in keeping me posted).

Thanks Paul. Another white lancer 04 got "lost" coming out of Italy about 3 weeks ago. Tracker showed it being sent and then it stalled which both the seller and I could see. I know someone involved in the logistics business and it was like the wild west in the Far East and China once the initial restrictions were lifted - all kinds of additional charges being levied and effectively goods being transported for whoever was willing to pay the highest ransome. That apparently has now eased. I have had decals just not come out of Bulgaria and I know parcels are still not being accepted for delivery to Australia. So we're a bit away from normal yet.

JOB

Back to top Go down

Post  reeft1 Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:50 pm

Indeed James
reeft1
reeft1

Back to top Go down

Post  srsmodels Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:57 pm

David Napier wrote:I think mentally we are very lucky to have a hobby like this, I know for myself when I'm building the shit of everyday life disappears for a bit Smile

Totally agree David
If it wasn't for the escape of model cars I don't think I would be here now tbh

srsmodels

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Tumbo Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:42 am

The fact some packages from Europe come to Australia and others won't Crying or Very sad I blame the bloody Victorians messing up our amazing run of fighting COVID
Dr Tumbo
Dr Tumbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum